Pinksters Awesome AF August!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tipplerette;1156543 wrote: I am here and not hiding surprisingly ... can't wait to see what sort of punishment Keeps has in mind.. Star jumps won't do it, Keeps. I do them every day on the mini trampoline. I love the new, improved, boot camp attitude around here. It's just what I need. OK so you all have goals. I will be 55 in October and like everyone here says, I want to be the best I can be on my birthday in October. So here goes:

Add some more bouncing time daily
    Kayak or swim in river weather permitting
    No processed food
    Lots of water with mint and lemon (my new drink)
    L-Glut (would 2000 grams three times daily be enough?)
    Other supps (waiting for me at the post office)
    Checking in here every day
    No booze !! No excuses!! No feeling sorry for myself!! No hiding !! No denying!!

I am 4" 11" inches and weight 126 (lost the weight in June with my 17 days a/f) and would like to be 120 of solid toned muscle... by my birthday.

Question for you all?? Please explain the hypno tape thing and in what order to listen to them... do they really help? I have them; just not using them. I now have the time.

Another beautiful day, smoothie for brekki, salmon, asparagus and brown rice for dinner... peach upside down cake for my niece's birthday cake. She and her boyfriend are here for the long weekend. She is not a big drinker so can't use her as an excuse.

Tips
    Tips love this post and love that you/I are back with the pinksters, have missed it so much! Your goals are tip top and i am sure you will be the best you can be by your birthday as long as no pesci excuses come into play! I agree star jumps are no good for you so your punishment will also have to be the plank, but for you at least 60 seconds!! You are such a perfect weight so this will help with the toning not that i expect you to be naughty! think we all need a bit of boot camp at times otherwise it can become a bit like a 'victim t shirt party' feel free to kick my butt anytime! Looking forward to August should be fun!!!
    Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

Barbara1234;1156604 wrote: Hi Tips,

Yes, your dose of L-Glut looks good. I'm on the same dose, and no sugar cravings. I drown myself in mint double chocolate chip ice cream a week ago....:upset:

I use the CD's only at night, as I don't have time in the day. But...read the paper that comes with them. Do the Clearing and Hypnotic cues first in the daytime.
      Then...I keep the subliminal CD's on a continuous loop while I sleep. I only hear the sound of water, and they are soothing to sleep to, at least for me.
      If it bothers DH, just put some ear buds in and fall asleep. I also have a CD player that I can program to shut off in 90 min. That works too, but in the beginning, I listened all night long, as you get hypnotic suggestion all night. I'm on day 72 and I still sleep to it.
      Barb you are as solid as a rock! Tips forgot to say I use the alisa frank Cd think it is only available in the Uk but like Barb i fall asleep to it on repeat and i am sure it helps a great deal !

Comment

Blues Dancer;1156622 wrote: Happy Monday Pinksters. I am loveing the the attitude of this thread this month. I don't have alot of time to post. I'm afraid Keeps will get me if I don't get my trainers on and do my 60 min. of Zumba before I go to work. I have lost 6 1/2 pounds since I joined the pinksters in June. Slow and steady for me. I will post my plan for August a little later. I'm off to dance. Keep up the amazing work Pinksters.
        Blues
        6.5 pounds off for good brilliant, we cal all loose weight its keeping it off thats hard so the slower the better i say!! Well done on the zumba Blues but we still haven't got your august plan so i can feel a penalty coming on,!! Come on chop chop!!

Comment

Queenbug;1156671 wrote: Phew....first day as a Pinkster done...ALL of it...knackered...x
          :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Comment

Good evening and good morning Mia x loving the thought of you up and down with the wheelbarrow!! Now that's what i call exercise! Tips you sip away as long a its your new drink NOT your old one!!!!!! You sound strong which is brill as we can all do this together this month and make it the best ever ever!! Love all your posts girls, such fun! ( well actually i am serious really so be GOOD, or else ) I had a good day, stuck to my plan and shopped for England this afternoon, tired and sleepy now but looking forward to a new day with the pinksters xx Will post my Tuesday plan in the morning after an alcohol free sleep, xx where are you WS and RFL?????? how has the 1st day of this bright shiny new summer month been for you?? Night night all xx

Comment

Thought I had better pop in & check up on you all before bed.
              Had huge sugar cravings today- need to get some more L-Glut. Ate an icecream & felt horrible.
              Funny thing is that I didn't even think about AL- and it is a holiday weekend. But need to be careful, I have always caved in the second - third week in the past. Must not get complacent- not much chance of that around here though!
              Have a mad mega busy day at work tomorrow- will get up early to do some exercise first. But once I finish around 10pm tomorrow night will be off until next Monday which will be great. Hubby is on holidays so will do lots of things with the kids.
              Night Pinksters. If the first day of the month is anything to go by, we are in for an incredible month.
              SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Hi everybody. I'm new. First day AF. I just thought I'd post on this thread because I'm into fitness which has always been somewhat ironic because I work my butt off and then drink too much alcohol. Just doesn't make sense. I do P90X and Insanity - ever heard of those? I'm going to my first AA meeting tonight. Yeah for me

Comment

Hello and welcome Aggieman - I was just like you; a superfit alco - haha!! Look forward to getting to know you.
                  I'm late checking in today but boy have you lot made some start to August - Awesome!
                  Queenbug - grrrreat to see you here! You'll sleep well tonight...
                  Glad to hear you are all doing so well. Had my first swim since my 'blip'! Got there and pool was full of children off for the holidays and the swimming lanes were not open. It was like dodgem swimmers! Wasn't able to do proper lengths so just swam for an hour. That would be about 50-60 lengths.
                  Going to get back on exercise bike in the morning and then another swim. Think I'll pick a different time when there aren't so many about. Feels good to get back to the exercise; really lifts the mood!
                  On day 6 now and I can't believe I have not had one craving. I know it's just the start but Roberta Jewells system feels like it really does work. To have such a pain-free first week is a great start. I could say I wish I had done it this way earlier, but then I don't think I would have appreciated what I have got now. I have been on a learning curve...
                  Anyways, sooooo great to hear from you all. I will check in tomorrow after I have completed my 'tasks'! Much love to you all - and to any of you with aches and pains; it is only your muscles moaning because they were out of action - soon they will be itching to get up and go!!!
                  IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                  Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Hey Everyone.....Keep - I almost hate to post this because you are kicking our butts BUT I didn't get out for the run today....electric went out and the alarm didn't go off. The only running I did was trying to get into my office on time. I'm trying again tomorrow.

Everyone is doing awesome! On another not, I have been watching what I eat and drinking plenty of water. Trying to eliminate sugar from my diet.

I'll check back tomorrow. keep on rocking everyone!

Comment

JUST HAVING A REST FROM THE WHEELBARROW! 17 more to go only have done 3 Loads.

Comment

Hi gang, great to see so much enthusiasm. Don't worry Keeps, it's not real wine; it's that de-alcholized stuff that tastes like crap so I mix it with grape or cherry juice. It's just to get me over the first week or so til I get used to sitting across from hubby while he drinks red wine with dinner and I don't. My big challenge is the wine is always at my fingertips. Hubby even poured me some wine by mistake. I poured it into his glass without missing a beat.

You're right about doing it together; that's the reason I got so far in June.

Sarah Jane You'll need the L-Glut pronto for your huge sugar cravings . I made a Mexican chocolate cake and hubby brought home a sugar pie which is pure brown sugar, butter in a pie crust. That takes care of my sugar craving along with everything else. Come to think of it I need to get off the sugar train.

Welcome Aggieman, You'll enjoy the camraderie here and the girl's go-get-um. Yes, it is so ironic when we live this 'healthy' lifestyle except forcing the most important organ in our body to have to fight to survive. Just doesn't make sense. Never heard of P90X and Insanity .. tell us more.

Daisy 45, any time is better to start than never. I will be so appreciative of what I have accomplished when this is over as I now realize that, for me, this is NOT and easy journey. It has it's easy evenings and I tend to take those evenings for granted. But I now realize I have to stay on guard right through to the end of the month. Day by Day.

Wine Sucks, excellent excuse for not exercising but no excuse for drinking so be proud all you did was slept in. Pick up where you left off. Great to hear from you.

Mia, that is a hell of way to get exercise, up hill wheelbarrows climbs. You are doing so well aren't you. I have read your posts every day. You don't miss it one bit do you? What do you do with the drink pushers? Just tell them you're taking a break??

I have achy muscles as we went on a four hour cruise down the river with some of us on inner tubes, and one kayak. I ended up towing some of the tires as it was too s..l..o..w.... Upper arm muscles feel raw. Loving it... Feel so ALIVE.. But couldn't do the planks... sorry Keeps.

Have a great evening..

Tips
                        Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                        ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Just having another break have done 10 wheel barrows and I am stuffed! Plus I just mowed my 2 acres of lawn! All up hill no more I have had enough! I will do the next 10 wheelbarrows tomorrow.
                          Tipps it is so great to hear from you I have missed you girl! No I do not miss the POISON! I'm not a very social person I prefer my own company so I do not have to deal with the drink pushers. In a way this has made it easy for me. xx

So happy you are feeling ALIVE it is such a wonderful feeling!

Comment

Tuesday August 2 (day 2 for me)

Well good morning girls and boys, welcome Aggieman i also have never heard of insanity p90 etc details please! I feel great today and ALIVE and raring to go. I am off to body pump at the gym followed by a swim, hope its not full of ankle biters like daisy's pool!! I do appreciate its hard fitting exercise in whilst working but....................... commit to get fit i say! Main goal is no poison and yay we all got through 1st day of august and of course most of you have plenty more days than that under your belt so i think august will def be awesome. Wouldn't it be just great if we all met our goals this month, whilst its so important to reach your own goals you get so much joy for watching others realize there's too so lets all do this for each other xxxx Tips your back in strong mode, i love it, MIA still laughing at the wheelbarrow, you rock. Will check in again later but well done everyone, have a great day and remember no excuses JUsT do it!!! :h

Comment

Morning....done my dog walk again this am...poached egg for breakfast...done a few 'sculpting' excercises...now have to prepare to drive across the country to take one daughter to a joib interveiw, then going to stay with family overnight (eeeekkkk...big AL famalam!!)...back tomorrow night then driving again to airport to collect other daughter from her travels.....not sure how to fit in excercise here...may have to improvise...see you later...have a great day xxx
                              ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

Good morning! 5 am here and exercise is already done! Marvelous way to start the day. I've got to get into the office early this morning ... stressful job... Well, I love the job, just have a moron boss. More about that later, I'm sure!.

Mia, I did what sounds like a similar project in my yard a few weeks ago. A lot of work, but I love how all the time you put in a garden gives you so much pleasure once it's done. I built a waterfall all by myself in our backyard a few years ago and now it's one of my favorite places to be - home or away!

Queenie, my family all drink, and when my mom and sisters get together we always have lots of wine. The last couple of times, I didn't drink. Two things really surprised me. The biggest shock was that once I didn't have the first glass of wine it was pretty easy. The other thing, though, was that I didn't say anything about it, and they didn't even notice! I hope it's as easy for you!

Stay focused everyone, we're just getting started!

Day 5 AF .....
                                ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                                -----------------------------------
                                Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Working...
                                X