Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinksters Sensational September!

Hi Pinksters,

Daisy, just stay right here with us & keep moving forward. I agree with everything Glam has said. Come back & tell us what path you want to travel, you can do it.

I am just about to do my exercise & get to work. Have lost another pound, thats 6 in the last few weeks since I signed up with 12wbt. I am 12 pounds less than when I first came to MWO when I had hit rock bottom. This site has made a huge difference to me.

Where are all our other wonderful Pinksters? Looking forward to hearing from everyone.

Have a great Thursday everyone.
    SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Hi Sarahjane, great news on another pound off. On my longest AF stint last year I lost about a stone and have worked to keep it off. I feel I am at a happy weight for my height. 5'8" and 9st 5lbs. This varies by a couple of pounds up and down.
      As long as I am AF I know it will stay this way.
      I am doing really well; went for my swim last night and as Zumba cancelled tonight, going for another swim at lunchtime. That takes care of those 'happy' endorphins!!!
      Will listen to the hypnotic CD this morning and get started on vitamins and L-glut. I trust that God is with me on this journey and I am very determined. I know I have had quite a few 'slips' but I also know that has happened to so many here before success. It's up to me to make sure it's my turn. I have done a lot of reading on here over the past few days and there has been some great stuff, especially on the Newbies thread.
      I am one of those 'all or nothing' types and if I miss out on part of my plan I tend to have slipped too easily, so I am now aware of that and if it happens again I have to change how I think - instead of resuming drinking, I will continue with the plan, no matter what and keep that vision of all that is great in a life without alcohol.
      Also, got a new book out to read - find that helps. Just finished my last Marian Keyes book a couple of days ago. Read all her books and can't wait for the next one.......
      Have been checking out night classes, no luck so far with classes I want but going to check it out today again.
      Ok, Sarahjane and Glam, does that sound like a plan?
      Hope you all have a great day and look forward to hearing from you...
      By the way SJ, at the risk of sounding dopey, what is wbt?
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

SJ -

Wanted to wish my sobriety twin a big WHOOHOO on our latest milestone. If my calculator is correct....we are now at 60.75 days!
        Sober for the Revolution!
        AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Well done you two!!!

Comment

daisy45;1180859 wrote: Hi Sarahjane, great news on another pound off. On my longest AF stint last year I lost about a stone and have worked to keep it off. I feel I am at a happy weight for my height. 5'8" and 9st 5lbs. This varies by a couple of pounds up and down.
            As long as I am AF I know it will stay this way.
            I am doing really well; went for my swim last night and as Zumba cancelled tonight, going for another swim at lunchtime. That takes care of those 'happy' endorphins!!!
            Will listen to the hypnotic CD this morning and get started on vitamins and L-glut. I trust that God is with me on this journey and I am very determined. I know I have had quite a few 'slips' but I also know that has happened to so many here before success. It's up to me to make sure it's my turn. I have done a lot of reading on here over the past few days and there has been some great stuff, especially on the Newbies thread.
            I am one of those 'all or nothing' types and if I miss out on part of my plan I tend to have slipped too easily, so I am now aware of that and if it happens again I have to change how I think - instead of resuming drinking, I will continue with the plan, no matter what and keep that vision of all that is great in a life without alcohol.
            Also, got a new book out to read - find that helps. Just finished my last Marian Keyes book a couple of days ago. Read all her books and can't wait for the next one.......
            Have been checking out night classes, no luck so far with classes I want but going to check it out today again.
            Ok, Sarahjane and Glam, does that sound like a plan?
            Hope you all have a great day and look forward to hearing from you...
            By the way SJ, at the risk of sounding dopey, what is wbt?
            Daisy, sounds like you have all bases covered.
            What about the temptation times? What strategies do you have in place?
            I just basically don't have any booze in the house. Well, we do have my hubbies beer
            but that doesn't tempt me unless I am at the bottom of a bottle of red.
            Since June this is my third time at being 24 days AF, the previous two times I went on holiday and am proud to say I drank in moderation, and not every day, this time there is no holiday and I have committed to 84 days AF.
            Unlike you, I have 30lbs of blubber I need to loose and have told people I am on the 12wbt
            (12 weeks whole body transformation - Michelle Bridges) and have said I am not drinking whilst on the programme. I don't feel I need to give an excuse though. I have a brother who is an alcoholic and he nearly died about 18mths ago, so gene definitely in our family.
            For me the "habit" of drinking has diminished so that I don't think too much about it now, where as Friday night was always relax with a bottle or two of rioja.
            We are all only one slip away from returning to the binge drinking so for me, for now, it is nothing rather than all!!

Have a lovely, lovely weekend Daisy, get through the next 3 days AF and you will be so chuffed on Monday morning.
            love and hugs
            Glam
            x

Comment

Glam, thank you; you are a wee dote!!!
              You have done really well. Even though I had a messy Summer, I was still mostly AF. My anger and frustration is always right here with me when I take a drink. It is actually less enjoyable now even to have the first one as that is a negative against me right away, and I would end up crying about how useless I am for not staying AF. The fact that you could go on holiday and drink moderately is impressive - I know I wouldn't.....which is why I need to go totally AF.
              Reading a good book is my new way of sitting out the cravings...........haven't read for about a year and through one book already.
              Thanks for the 'wbt' explanation; sounds good. Haven't heard of it around here. 30lbs isn't that much really. You'll get there. Little old me was Miss Piggy at a nice round 13st only 4 years ago. Exercise has been my saviour in more ways than one........
              Good to hear from you Glam :l

Comment

Yesterday i was on dinner with my new gf & the same day movement i propose her for marriage she turned down my offer i don't know why......so said.....:upset:
                When Loving Healthy Food Is Sick...!:welcome:

Comment

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Sounds like you are all doing well. Sorry about your girlfriend turning you down meshelley. That is very sad.
                  Why don't you ask her why???

Well I went out of town for a few days and came back 1 lb. heavier! I don't consider that a failure, it just reinforces what the exercise does.

SJ sounds like your new program is going well. I am in awe of you running 12 miles! Can't even imagine that for me. You go!!

Daisy, the slip ups are what they are. The main thing is that you keep going forward toward your GOAL! Keep listening to the CD's at night as you fall asleep. I still do. They saved my life! Today I am 126 days AF and scared to death to stop the CD's. I went off camparal for the first time in 6 months and so far, so good, no cravings at all. I don't think about AL anymore, nor do I count the days.
                  I want to stay here with MWO because I know that without this site, I definitely would not have stopped drinking.
                  I ordered Amoryn which is for anxiety. I have not received it yet. I will let you know how it works for me.
                  Take good care and have a wonderful weekend all!!
                  THOUGHTS become THINGS
                  choose the GOOD
                  ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Hi Barbara, I understand where you're coming from about not listening to the CDs. I can compare that to my weight loss. I wasted 2 years isolated and fat and depressed. Nothing fitted me, so I wore mens sweatshirts and trackbottoms continuously. It was so depressing. I actually think that's when the drinking really got out of control too. So, like you and the CDs for AF, I am like that with exercise; afraid to go back the way things were. I am happy with the weight now and intend to stay that way.
                    So, as far as I'm concerned, one job done, now to tackle the drinking. I am on day 5 AF and day 3 CDs. Feel pretty good, especially today. Wondered was there any way it could be due to the CDs so early on........what do you think? What and when did you notice a difference?
                    Oh, and your 1lb weight gain? Wouldn't worry about it - you have to give yourself a bit of leeway, especially for special occasions and holidays. You're not drinking, so you're a winner already.

Comment

Daisy,

The CD's kicked in for me right away, it was amazing. I really think they were the complete reason I stopped because before that, I drank through my medication.
                      Clearly for me it was a malfunction in my brain. The CD's brainwash me while I sleep. I no longer look at anyone drinking and feel deprived. Rather the opposite. I feel entitled to my new life and look at AL as a waste of empty bloating calories, hangovers, puffy face, and low self-esteem.
                      What did you do to lose the weight. I would love to get down about 13-15 lbs. and stay there, but I struggle. Even though I work out every day, I'm still not where I want to be. Any suggestios??
                      THOUGHTS become THINGS
                      choose the GOOD
                      ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Hi Pinksters
                        Fab Barb, 126 days is amazing. I'm on day 26 - 4th weekend running AF with another 10 weeks to go!!
                        Following 12 wbt we have to stick to a 1200 calorie controlled diet. We get weekly menus, shopping lists and recipes - though if you want to swap meals that is fine. Its 900 cals for meals and 300 cals for low calorie treats, such as low fat yoghurt and fruit. The "message" we have been given is that exercise is fantastic, we have to do it 6 days a week, with a "super session" on a Saturday, BUT
                        in order to loose the weight we must stick to the 1200 cals.
                        Like SJ, I too have lost 6.5lbs so far - am hoping for another 1/2lb by morning to loose my half stone dead on 2 weeks.
                        Daisy, my starting weight was 13.1!! Goal is 10.5 to put me in a healthy weight range.

Hope everyone else is doing well???
                        I bought the CD's and only listened to them about half a dozen times and that was enough!
                        Saved them to my ipod and passed them on!

HAve a great week ladies,another 5 days to go for me to achieve a whole calendar month AF!!!

love and light
                        Glam
                        x

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Glam and Barbara.
                          Glam, well done on the weight loss.
                          Barbara, I just got to the stage where I was so isolated with self-consciousness about my weight that I had to take the bull by the horns!!! I made a decision to get it off, and as quick a possible. Made a commitment to 1 and a half hours exercise daily for 5 days with the weekend off. The exercise varied; if I done an hour swim in morning, then it would be half hour walk or exercise bike some time throughout the day. When I didn't swim could vary the walking and bike to 45 mins each, depending on how I felt. Swam 3 to 4 times a week. I feel that variation was the key so that boredom doesn't set in. I would read a book while on the bike; time seemed to go quicker that way. I have to say it was tough walking into the pool the first time, but it worked. I found swimming to be the most effective and great for shaping your body.
                          Because it was so intense, results came quickly which in turn gave me the incentive to cut down on my overeating and keep going.
                          The 3 stone came off within 3 months - didn't diet as such, just tried eating normally - 3 meals a day. Light breakfast (slice of toast), light lunch(tin of tomato soup), dinner was a feast and still is. Another thing I do now is eat dinner late; anywhere between 7 and 8.30 - this helps stop any evening nibbles. When I fancy something now I go for banana, apple, beetroot, or the odd packet of crisps(the multipacks packets only have 25grms) - not too often.
                          Hope this helps.........
                          I drank a good bit while doing this so the fact that you are not drinking should help. My last stone came off this time last year after 3 months AF - wasn't really exercising that much so it must have been the lack of wine that done it

Comment

Thanks Daisy,

How much is a stone??? sounds funny to me....:H
                            THOUGHTS become THINGS
                            choose the GOOD
                            ones!

Comment

Barbara1234;1182551 wrote: Thanks Daisy,

How much is a stone??? sounds funny to me....:H
                              Sorry Barbara, a stone is 14 pounds. It's so easy to forget the ocean that divides us.....we Irish talk in stones and pounds...

Comment

Hi girls,
                                I haven't done a bit of exercise in over a month, but my husband is alive and home, so life is good! now that we are settled down to a relative routine at home, I am hopeful that I can kick up my exercise soon. I do have him, and me, on a heart healthy, diabetic-friendly diet so I am hopeful that will work for both of us. I think I am also ready to jump back into MWO on a more regular basis. I just didn't have much time to check in before. Hope all of you are doing well.
                                Good habits breed good habits; bad habits breed bad habits.

Comment

Working...
                                X