Fit Fab AF November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fit Fab AF November

hi Daisy, you will not believe this - the one and only part of my body I would like to increase in size is also my butt.
    I have always had a flat bum. At the moment I have little fat on it and the muscle tone is good, but I too want to increase the size - by building muscle.
    So we have:
    lunges,
    squats
    hamstring curls
    one legged cable kickbacks (did this one today at gym)
    and glute kickbacks

Its going to take a lot of hard work to get mine defined!
    I had my 8 week fitness test today and the improvement is phenominal.
    I am so proud of my achievements.
    Have booked my PT for the next four weeks as I really have to up the anti to achieve another 4 kilo weight loss over the next four weeks.
    We are switching to a simple carb free day every Tuesday to help boost the weight loss.
    Exercise really does make so much difference.

Keep at it!!
    Glam
    x

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

I have, unfortunately, always had a bum.:sigh:

But I do a lot of weighted lunges and squats.....my bum had decreased in size but got much higher and rounder. I have just upped my weights so I shall see if there are any changes in the future. I only wish I could get great definition in my arms like I have in my legs and bum.

Burnt 800 calories today with a mixture of weights and kickboxing. I love my Saturday morning regime.

I have lost the extra weight I gained when I stopped drinking diet soda.

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

Hi Folks, I would like to join your quest for fitness and freedom from alchohol. I am now seeing an addictions doctor and he is cracking the whip. I think this is just what I needed. I am to take antibuse, 2 pills daily so I am sure that will cut out any chance of drinking. I just have to take it. Up until now I was playing with it off and on.
        I advocated hard to get in to see this doctor so if I don't follow his program he will let me go and I likely won't get a second chance with him.
        I will now have to be faithful to my fitness routine to stay sane.
        I plan to continue my Half Marathon training, running at least 4 times a week. I am looking forward to doing the Half Marathon in Vegas the first Sunday in December.
        I will also do a Pilates class on Monday mornings and I hope to be able to pop in one of my many fitness DVD's a couple of times a week.
        I am feeling quite hopeful that this time I will beat this awful disease. I am looking forward to gaining some clarity in my thinking.
        I have had some huge issues with my marriage and family life. I will save you from the details. I have been deceived for at least the last 10 years. I need to be able to think clearly so I can make some wise decisions for myself.
        Looking forward to a fit and AF November.
        Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

Hi RFLife, good to see you here. One thing is for sure, you will be able to deal with the sorry business much better AF! I really feel for you....
          Hi to SJ, EllaQ and my fellow no-ass, Glam!!!!Haha
          Glam, I will definitely give these a go. Tried the kickbacks couple of weeks ago but wasn't diligent enough - need to work harder at it.
          Ella, you should celebrate that ass!!!
          How you getting on SJ?
          I'm doing good; my wee gym set up in the kitchen - looking for a treadmill and rowing machine and couple of weights to complete. Went for a 50 lap swim today. I always feel great as soon as I start swimming - really lifts my mood!
          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

Hi all, i m on board. Need to be free of alcohol for a entire month. I m preparing a marathon for next year (april) so i run 6 days a week and need to lost some pounds .
            Best luck to all and see u !:l
            AF since 06/11/2011

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

Hello and welcome Mr D. It's great you have a goal. Have you done much running before? We find that exercise is a key factor in staying AF. I have always exercised whether drinking or not. But now find as I have had a mostly AF year with a few major slips, that exercise goes out the window as soon as I drink again.......my body can't tolerate alcohol the way it did before. This, I suppose, shows me just how much damage I have been doing to myself.
              I have always wanted to do a marathon but have not yet done any running. Broke my ankle last year but think I will do a gradual build-up to running. Sarahjane has been doing really well on the running front.
              Keep in touch - and look forward to getting to know you....

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

Hi All:
                Daisy, I think you are doing great with 50 laps swimming. To build up to running you need to do walk runs such as walk one minute run 1 minute and then the next week walk 1 minute run 2 minutes.
                Do this for about 30 minutes three to four times a week and you will be running a 5k run in about 12- to 16 weeks. If you do it this way you have less risk of injury and will enjoy it more.
                I am running a Half Marathon in Vegas in a few weeks and soooo looking forward to it.
                My running buddies and I got up early to run this morning. The sunrise was amazing. Most people were sleeping and missed it. If I had been drinking last night I would have too.
                Welcome to Mr. D and good luck with the Marathon Training.
                I am looking forward to my Pilates class tomorrow. I have a heavy meeting to attend tomorrow evening so I am hoping the pilates will reduce some tension before the meeting.
                Have a wonderful Sunday evening and I hope your Monday morning is fantastic.
                R4L
                Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

Welcome to Mr D.

Daisy.....I used the couch to 5km podcast to get back into running a few years ago. The music wasn't great but I really need that voice in my ear telling me when to run and stop.

Everybody around me is doing the dukan diet and bodytrim so I am going to give this protein only detox a go for a few days. I am worried though that I won't be able to exercise like normal during this time. We shall see how I go. Been tempted by the amazing weight loss stories of some friends.

Take care everyone...

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

Hi all,
                    have had my brother staying for the weekend. He is an alcoholic, 22mths into recovery and totally AF. He now chairs meetings for the AA. A good reason to stay AF for me? Exactly, but he did my head in so much that on Friday evening I resorted to 2 large and one small glass of red wine with our Indian meal.
                    I felt fine on Saturday and got back on track with the exercise, eating and AF but am still so disappointed to be 1 1/2lbs up on the weight today. All the hard work I put in and 400cals downed in under an hour - didn't even manage to burn that in my body pump class today.
                    Still, am not going to beat myself up over it.
                    I have 4 weeks left on the 12wbt, I still have to celebrate the fantastic work and results in the first 8 weeks, but I have to up this a notch now to see another 4kilo weight loss by the end of the plan.

Ellaq, both SJ and I tried the DD and found that going carb free does definitely affect ability to exercise, especially CV due to glycogen depletion. We have both done so much better on 12wbt eating a balanced 1200 cal diet with exercise 6 times a week.
                    Good luck with the training and AF everyone.
                    x

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

Thanks to the dukan I was in bed by 8.30pm last night but had to get up a lot during the night to pee.

I did manage the gym today....still burn 720 calories doing Pump and Combat. I didn't push myself as hard as normal, slightly lighter weights and not too much cardio. It could be part due to the fact that I only ever ate protein for breakfast.

I wanted to ask what wbt is?

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

Yes, I am wondering what wbt is as well.
                        R4L
                        Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

oh, sorry girls.
                          12 wbt is the
                          Michelle Bridges 12 week body transformation.
                          SJ and I are into week 9. 1200 cal diet programme (3 meals plus snacks)
                          and 6 days exercise, with a double session on a Saturday.
                          Michelle is a trainer on Biggest Looser - Australia. It is an amazing programme, via internet, and is run 3 times a year.
                          Going great guns!
                          x

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

Hi Glam

Surprised to see Michelle Bridges reaching so far. I am in Australia. I do know people doing her programme and they have lost heaps of weight. I am just worried that I would have to cook seperate meals for myself and my family.
                            Anyway surviving on the dukan at the moment. We are going away tomorrow for a few days so I might ease off it and start back again on Monday. I only did the atttack for 3 days so today is my last day. Have lost 1.7kg so far but all fluid I would imagine.
                            Got step today so I will see how my energy levels go. I normally burn around 450-500 calories.
                            xx

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

Morning Ella, Glam and RFLife, good to see everyone sticking to their goals. Wondering where Sarahjane is?
                              Last night felt a bit down and not in the mood for exercise, but pushed through and done it anyway. Done 11kms on exercise bike and spent 15minutes on the crosstrainer; by then I felt totally energised and went on half an hour later to do 50 lengths at the pool. It just goes to show what exercise can do for you mentally. On probably my worst day, I ended up doing more! Felt great afterwards; have been going to bed much too late at night and so I feel adding extra will help me with this.
                              Going to try the same thing today - let you know how I get on.....
                              Glam, did you do any before photos to check out the changes after you've finished your program? You sound like you're doing great.
                              Saw on another thread that DG is looking for a heart monitor - think I might check that out too. The monitors on my equipment aren't great. It's a good way to check how your fitness is improving.
                              See you all laters........

Comment

Fit Fab AF November

Wow Daisy.....a mini triathlon there....I would have given up after the crosstrainer.

Wasn't my usual energetic self in step today.....but still burnt 460 calories....

I am starting to wonder whether my really high energy levels came from the amount of food I was eating.....is that why the skinnier people at my gym work out in a less energetic way to me....maybe I just had so much more energy because I was eating way too many carbs...

Being Irish though a carb addiction is hard to avoid....

Still losing weight and can't wait to eat some vegetables tomorrow.

Ella

Comment

Working...
                                X