Pinksters Just going for it in January 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Glam, good on you at the party! I think as long as you stay AF you can forgive yourself a few treats. Don't be disheartened with the scales - sometimes it takes a while for the loss to show. You are also building muscle. As long as you know you are making all the right moves, eating, drinking, exercising, it will come together, just keep at it and believe in yourself.
    I'm finding my diet fine all day but with not smoking I have been spending this past few evenings snacking continuously. I feel swollen and have put on a bit. But, I know I am moving in the right direction - we'll get there!!!
    I have a 70s fancy dress party next month which I am looking forward to; haven't dressed up for years. Ordered a bell-bottomed trouser suit in psychadelic colours and a massive platinum blonde curly wig. I'll be some picture. I'm reckoning I'll be 4 weeks AF by then so I'm using it as my own wee milestone.
    Gorgeous day here so I think I may take a walk.
    Have a good day Glam and hope things are improving for your brother.
    .....wonder where everyone else is.....hope all is ok......check in no matter what.....:l
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Hi girls,
      Glam & Daisy, great work on the exercise & eating. I have been going fine but did have a glass of wine with a meal out with the family last night. I feel fine about it but must watch myself, if I allow myself to have another '1' it will be 3. Then 5.
      Had a good session in the gym & pool today, am feeling well just a bit irritable & cranky as the hormones misbehave.
      Kids need the computer, better fly. Tips how you doing? Hope you are better.
      SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Hi Sarahjane, good on you with the exercise. And 1 glass of wine? See, if that was me I wouldn't even take a glass unless I was having 2 bottles. If I think moderation, I think 2 bottles every now and then rather than every night - which I know is still bingeing but in my warped mind I would justify it by saying 'well, it's not as bad as I was before'.

But I know you know yourself, that on another night you may take more and the cycle begins....I suppose that is where we are all similar....more in losing control than about quantities......

Was a very touch and go evening - if the wrong person had walked into my house carrying a bottle I really don't think I could have said no; as it was, I have been thinking 'wine and cigs' since about 3pm today. It's 11.15 now and I know I won't tonight. But I don't have any great 'eureka moment' because I rode it out - just bit pissed off because I wanted my wine.......
        Ah well, hopefully I'll feel thankful in the morning - isn't that bad? Oooooh dear......

Comment

Great work Daisy. Bet you are feeling well this morning because of it. Maybe there are no big enlightenments from passing on the wine but you know it is what you need to do, for yourself & your family.
          Better get to work, have a great day everyone. Have karate tonight which I am looking forward to.
          SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Morning girls - where is everyone? Reporting in on Day 17 AF

Daisy, well done on the exercise and the resolve with the AF and NF
            Sarah, moderation is so much harder than abstention, so fabulous that you had just one glass - that really is an achievement. I find it so difficult to do that, so for now, for January I am going to do my damndest to stay AF, will then do moderation for Feb. Its cost us ?100 to order 5 bottles of wine for during the cruise so I think it is going to be a very low alcohol trip! Mad that we will pay that for wine, which is probably worth less than a fiver, but not pay the ?20 they want for bottled water!! I will go to the ice machine and get my own!

Over the moon this morning as I have finally lost 10kg. Am down to 11.6 3/4, which I am so pleased with. At my heaviest during 2011 I was around 13.8 - so thanks to my wonderful friend Sarah Jane am now happier and fitter than I have been for nearly 10 years.
            love you Sarah!!

(my nails have now got little white tips and are looking quite healthy. I purchased some OPI nail envy and it seems to be doing the job! Now if I could just be 5 inches taller I would be just about fine!!)

Comment

Back again and the flu has finally subsided. You girls are doing great and Glam you've managed to lose some more weight! Very proud of you all.

I relate to you Daisy with the "if someone would walk in with a bottle ...." sometimes life presents opportunities at inopportune moments. It seems that I always have someone offering it to me. I have to downsize my social life. That'll teach me for moving to a cottage... party central.

Sarah, fantastic on having one. i am not there yet but able to have two or three occasionally. I really should finally get that 30 days in. Everyone else has managed it and I have only managed 14 with the July's pinkster thread. Gotta really give it up... would be so proud.

My friend and I went for a 50 minute walk today and it may sound like nothing but I live in the countryside of Quebec and we were having a blizzard. The ice pellets were pounding my resolute face and the snow bumps were twisting my ankles. The wolf were lying in prey... I guess I am exaggerating a bit but the walk was gruelling and my muscles are sore. My weight has been slowly dropping as I have been downsizing my portions by about 1/3. In other words having 1/4 of a shared club sandwich and a handful of fries. Normally we eat very well but often end up at the greasy spoon for lunch. Dinners have been healthy.

Glad to be back in the groove.
              Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
              ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hey Tipps, good to see you back in the groove!!!! What a way to get kick-started - sounds like a great walk; just how I like it.

And Glam, didn't realise just how much weight you have dropped - you're doing great. I have been there as you know. Now, after putting on half a stone over the holidays, I am working my ass off to get back to the weight I am happy with. I never want to go back to 13 stone again - I was miserable and I also believe that lonely period is when my drinking really started to get out of control.
                Isn't it nice to take an interest in yourself again? You enjoy and keep it going.....

Hi to SJ, hope all good with you.

A 3 mile walk today and another mile swim. Feel great!

Comment

Wow Daisy you really have it all covered.. swimming, walking and keeping busy. Hate being chubby. I want to be firm and curvy in Florida.. Hell I'm 55 .. I only have a few years left before everything is either dimpled, drooping or damaged.
                  Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hi Tipps, so pleased you have finally got over the flu and are back on track. I'm 51, so not far behind you and I have to say I don't think my fitness levels have ever been so consistently high.
                    I achieved 5.5kms in 35 mins outdoors in December and haven't really run since then. Today I did 5 mins on the x-trainer and than ran 5ks in 35mins. I then did another 10 mins on the bike to get my calorie burn to 416 cals. The first and last time I ran 5k on the treadmill I had a banging headache, felt exhausted for the rest of the day and then took 2 days off from the gym! Today, I feel fantastic!!

Daisy well done on the exercise. You are doing brilliantly well. I too know what you mean about the bottle - I am on day 18 AF and I can't pretend it has been easy. Mid week isn't too bad, but there is always a reason why I could reach for the bottle on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday (well any night really)
                    Am delighted with my weight loss and that too has been hard work and perseverance. Saying no to rubbish and trying hard to eat lean and clean.

just off to take Oscar for a walk and smash that 500 cals!

Back tomorrow.
                    x

Comment

Hello to all

I am finally back on track. I had a pretty bad moment with the drink but am moving forward and hopefully into a better place. I went back to the gym 2 days ago and last night finally got a great nights sleep. Doing intense cardio today, followed by a busy day with friends and kids. Watching my diet and hoping to start back on the dukan tomorrow.

I gained nothing during my time off but I did keep up the weights so I know that I didn't lose muscle. Am really excited now because I know losing the next 3kg is achievable.

You are all doing so well and are my big inspiration at the moment. I am hoping to complete my 30 days AF and lose 3kgs in the next 3 months. I feel like my New Year has just started.

Ella

Comment

Hi Tipps, I had to laugh at your post. Don't give in to this age thing - it is just a number. I have 4 younger sisters, 3 of whom complain about aches and pains. I am forever saying to them about exercising - good for everything - weight, moods, heart, bones.......oh, and all that may be dimpled, drooping or damaged!!!!!(couldn't resist that one!Haha)
                        Glam, you are on a roll and reminding me to get my x-trainer out of the garage and into the kitchen - more chance of me using it when it's in my face. My goal this year is to run. That was my goal last year as well, but heyho, didn't happen - we can but try.....
                        Ella, great to have you on board again. No hoping about it; you 'will' get there and you 'will' lose those 3kgs. We'll do it together. So good to see this board getting some action again.
                        I am doing good; minor temptation tonight but got by it; PHEW!!!!!
                        Good invigorating 4mile walk tonight. Will do same tomorrow with swim in evening. (must get x-trainer in kitchen, along with exercise bike)
                        Have a great day tomorrow - looking forward to hearing how you all get on............
                        p.s. Hi to SJ.

Comment

I feel like my New years has just stard too Ellaq. All my plans went downhill when that flu bug hit. Me and hubby are still chesty. We are tired too. I think that after this weekend, things'll get going again. I have been good on portion control. Drinking has been controlled too but I am still aiming for abstinence. The outdoor sports are tricky right now as it's soooo cold here in Quebec. Going four-wheeling with skidoo suits on this weekend but that's a motorized sport (the only kind my hubby does) and unless I get my snowshoes on board the vehicle, it's a bouncy, freezing few hours of fun with no exercise involved. So that doesn't count.

Daisy, you are so right about the benefits of exercise; my sister is obese and I gave her my Leslie Sansone beginner walking tapes which she has promised to use. My other sister is a hiker and is in great shape. I am so tired that i miss my bouncing but when I bounce I get energy so it's a win-wine situation.

Glamour, you really are great at 51 for being at your peak exercise wise. I think it's totally possible for all of us to get there. Putting in all those kilometres on a daily basis almost guarantees longevity and at this point in our lives, that's what we're hoping for...

Take care and have a great weekend, Pinksters. I won't be checking in until Sunday night and would love to report an A/F weekend.
                          Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hi girls, just checking in on day 20.
                            Great to hear from you all - glad that you are doing so well.
                            Yesterday i did body jam, step and body pump 700+ calories
                            Today had a grueling session with my PT and then a walk of just over a mile - resulting in 600 cal burn in an hour and a half!
                            My PT has told me today, that 6 weeks into my 12wbt plan (it starts in 3 weeks time) we will run 10k together!
                            A very good friend of mine had some bad news today and i really feel like reaching for the alcohol
                            Have managed 20 days AF so far so just downing gallons of fizzy water.

tips, I don't feel 51, I don't look 51, I don't act 51 and I think the exercise makes me look a good 10 years younger. Hope you have a brilliant weekend

Ella - you will soon loose that 3k. I am hoping to loose another couple before the start of next round 12wbt so that I will then just have my final 5k to loose. I will then be on the Lean & Fit part of the programme and really look to increase my running.

Back tomorrow
                            x

Comment

What a great thread this is you all write so well. Day 13 me not had chance to start excersing yet, but i am piling on the weight as have huge cravings for junk food, dont understand it i normally enjoy a healthy diet and normally an avid Herbalife fan.

Enough of my ranting, i will be joining in the excersise bug very soon, happy to be sober
                              Stella

Back to the beginning day 02 Jan 2013

Grateful for MWO :thanks:

Comment

Hi Stella and welcome to the thread!

Just a quick update to say that I managed to stay AF last night - so day 21 today.
                                Just another 9 days to meet my target again - so not worth blowing it now!

No exercise as such planned for today, just lean and clean eating.

Have a great AF weekend girls.
                                x

Comment

Working...
                                X