WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Hi all, have fallen by the way side with posting on this thread. Am a member of Weight Watchers and have fallen by the way side there too --- at least I am not drinking, the way side far too scary just now ... Anyway, back I go this week and magically I have stayed the same, wow, chuffed to bits. I always stay to the meetings as I get inspiration out of them, I have lost 34lb so far (sorry don't know how to convert to kilos) I am 5ft 2, therefore according to our BMI guidelines (body mass index) I walked into my first meeting clinically obese (yikes) thought I was mildly cuddly - ho hum fat bum! Anyway, thought that as I go to my meetings on a Wednesday, I could post on a Thursday or Wed night the topic of conversation from my leader and any inspirational words of the week. Interested ?? I'll do it anyway as it might help me as well.

Lorna xx
    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Two weeks ago I was weighed at the doctor's office and I weighed 142lbs. The last time I weighed that much was just after having a baby (almost nine years ago). I was so depressed! Then yesterday I got on the scale and I weighed 136! I was elated. I didn't get back on the scale because I didn't want to find out that the scale had some how malfunctioned or that those numbers were just a figment of my imagination. Needless to say, I walked around all day feeling lighter, physically and mentally. Today I stepped on the scale again--holding my breath...still 136. Yeah! So I figure the weight loss is due to less alcohol, and I have been eating much smaller meals in the evening. I'm just hoping the trend continues for another 10-15lbs. Good luck everyone!

Julie

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

When I was aged 30 I was 5 foot 9 and 14 stones but mainly muscle. I weight trained a lot. Now a few years of heavy drinking and I'm aged 38 and weight in at 16 stones 7 lbs (241 lbs) ......... I need to lose weight quickly.

First Target is get back to 16 stones asap

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

I have lost 16 lbs since January 13th, current wieght 160....height 5'9" I run a lot...and I try to eat healthy, I wouldnt say that I diet though, I do not deny myself anything(except alcohol)...I think denying yourself a food makes you want it more. I try to keep my portions small, and pay attention to when I am full and stop when I am full.

My diet and exercise regimen is not a whole lot different from before when I was drinking, so I would have to say that it is mainly due to quiting the booze...however...I did tend to eat more bad stuff when I was drinking, so cutting that out of my diet probably helped too.

Victoria
          It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
          James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Mornin! 127 this AM! have lost 3 lbs. in 2 weeks. 12 to go. My goal is 115 at 5'4" tall. Still have strange feelings about the bathing suit thing. :sofa:

Happy day!
            Best
            "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Checked in this morning at 6'3 and 192 lbs - down 15 lbs from a month ago and feeling great.

Still have another 5 - 10 lbs to go and then I should be where I want to be. Man, this is so much easier when you're not taking in those empty alcohol calories.

I was on a business trip yesterday to wonderful Omaha, Nebraska (I can kid because I used to live there) and was reading 'The Cyclist's Training Bible' by Joe Friel on the plane. In it, he says that an elite cyclist should have no more than 2 lbs on body weight per inch of height. That means that if I were an elite cyclist (and believe me - I harbor no such thoughts) I shouldn't weigh more than 150 lbs at my height. No frickin' way that's happening!!

Happy Tuesday to all!
              Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Hi all,

WOW you are all doing sooo well, there are so many different ideas about at the moment, Would you believe that in the daily mail in the UK today there is an article about dieting being bad for you!!!! Apparently it causes stress!!!

Well done everyone, keep up the good work xx
                sigpicXXX

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

I am @130lbs, 5'5", and flabby!! Working on building muscle now that the booze isn't (hopefully damage is not permanent! ) ruining them! I will most likely gain some weight (shich will make me crazy probably!)

This is a cool thread, i have enjoyed reading everyone's posts.......will make this a regular check-in place if you all don't mind!!

MA:h

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

down 1 more pound for total of 4. 23lbs more to go!
                    :new:

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Am I the first to post this tues. April 17th? 126# this morning in the buff. :moon: Whooo Haaaa! one more lb. 4 total so far. 5'4" --- goal is 115. I have 11 lbs. to go. :bigcry:

I'm hungry! :argh: and grouchy! I need FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!! Something that isn't green and crunchey! :upset:

Best
                      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Best, well done on that 1bl loss, excellent ......

More, Welcome, & well done on your AF day!!!!
                        sigpicXXX

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

I keep loosing and gaining the same two pounds (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

This morning 5'7 165lbs I'm fitting pretty well in my size 10 but still need to loose 15 pounds or fit much better in that size!

The 1/2 marathon I am walking/running with a friend is next Saturday!

Wish me luck....
                          :h :h :h :h

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Q, I know exactly what you mean about the same 2 lb!! I've actualy lost 23 stone in the last 20 years ......... but gained them the week after :upset:
                            sigpicXXX

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

April 25th ops!: I forgot yesterday morning! Checked this AM - stayed the same! I am getting ready to travel for business for 2 weeks. I will only be home for a day and a half. This equals being able to eat anything I want - from the menu!!! It would also be a great opportunity to stick to my diet, because I won't have to cook for anyone! I can do this!!! inkele:

I will not be able to weigh in until I am back on the week end of May 5th. Will keep you posted!!!

:h

Best

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

AAthlete;120106 wrote: an elite cyclist should have no more than 2 lbs on body weight per inch of height.
                                Eh?

I am 5 feet 11 and weigh just under 160lbs - you are telling me I would need to lose another 18 lbs! (142lbs) :wow:
                                Don't think I want to go down the elite cyclist route then!!!

I am already pretty lean - what percentage body fat are they aiming for???

Even at my marathon running weight (10 % body fat) I was still around 147lbs

Mind you - it would depend on muscle distribution - wouldn't it - I have a fair bit of upper body strength from swimming and climbing (and just working out at the gym) - I guess that elite cyclists would probably not need all that much muscle up top.

Satori
                                "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Working...
                                X