Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Hello Bluesky and Eustacia: I'd like to jump in if I may,
    This is only my opinion now, but if you fuel your body well ( get in all you food groups) and cut down on fat grams, you will be on the right track to losing weight healthily steadily and for good... As we get older, we lose a bit of muscle if it isn't excercised. These muscles are what helps us to burn the calories instead of store them... You will always have the same fat cells, however you can shrink them. If you are physically able to walk a bit, make small changes in your life... You will soon make it a way of life. Small steps are a great beginning and it can only lead to nicer experiences in fitness... Just don't go all "gung-ho", lay yourself up for a few weeks. I do tend to babble eh? I think if you are on just a calorie restricted diet, your body will actually adapt itself by storing calories... Then, if you "treat" yourself, guess which fat cells get plumped back up.. Yep, us girls know. Try to have your last healthy snack 2 hours before bed, eat breakfast and try to make your last meal smaller than your midday meal...Drink atleast 7 glasses of good old plain water. A person that moves .....makes those fat cells shrink..... ONWARD !! I love helpful hints too if anybody has any... Thank-You in advance, ~Niblet~ Oh yeah, extremely lowfat microwave popcorn (check the nutrition per serving) during movie night is much better than chips.... Will we weigh in on Tuedays then ? Works for me.

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Lost four pounds over the last few weeks ..... had quite a few AF days .......
      16st 3 pounds now - wanna lose over a stone on the next month

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Hi everyone and thanks for welcoming me

Trevor, well done and keep it up. Eustacia thanks for the welcome and good luck on your recovery. Niblet Thanks as usual for all your sound advice, you are a store of information, it was really helpful. I started my diet 12 days ago when I went AF. I started off at 73.2 kgs (approx 160 lbs.) - horrific. Since then I have eaten very carefully, have swum 1/2 hr each day in the last week and most importantly been AF. I went down to 71.4 which was OK, yesterday my supps arrived from the States, I felt I was swallowing tables all day and felt bloated by the end of the day. I weighed in this am and I was back up to 72 so basically 2.2 lbs in 12 days - now that is not normal is it. Was it the sups? I'm drinking loads of water and being sooooo goood, help what's wrong? Please and thanks. PS - Is it Monday or Tuesday for the weigh-in?

Thanks to all

BS XX
        It is easier to stay out than get out.

Mark Twain

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Anyone want to help me with an experiment????

Stand on the scales and breath in helium to see if we get lighter .............

sigpicXXX

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Hi Guys !!! I was away until yesterday afternoon camping, then home unpacking, laundry, barn chores etc,,,, This morning I had to be into work at 7 am so I didn't do my weighin... I'll be a day behind this week but will weigh in from now on, on Tuesdays if that's OK with ya'll... Welcome Trevor, we're really glad to have you along.... Please convert a stone for me.. I'm not even really good at kg either Tee Hee !! I know that a 25 kg bag of horse feed bag will indeed give me a pretty sore back though Ha !! Ha !!
            And Miss Bluesky !!! I'm so glad to hear of your 2.2 lb weight loss in 12 days !!! That's perfect !!! You really have to know that so much of that fat is slowly leaving and in it's place is some beautiful toned, calorie burning muscle !!!! I would suggest that you use a tape measure on your chest, waist, thighs and hips.. Record the measurements and you will gradually see the beautiful difference that way... Don't get too hung up on the scales hon, it can ruin an otherwise wonderful day if you don't completely understand how a body goes from a fat-storing body to a fat-burning(more muscles) body... Muscle also weighs more than fat... It's not always JUST the numbers... Keep up what you are doing cause you are doing exactly I mean EXACTLY the right thing for yourself... And always remember ... Have fun too OK ? I'm rootin' for you... Weighin is Tuesdays I think.
            Yours, ~ Niblet ~ P.S. I get as bloated as a full tick after salty, hotair popped popcorn.. Not hardly any calories, but I'm supper sensitive to sodium... Even too much V8 will get to me... Give your body some time for all these wonderful changes and don't worry too much... You are doing everything properly as far as I can say... AA Athlete may have some more suggestions for you about the bloatedness if you PM him... He is an extremely smart person indeed !!! Thanks for listening.

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Hey Betty Boop, I'll have to try them there helium balloons.. If I don't end up lighter, it'll be funny just the same.... Tee!! Hee!!! I like your way of thinkin' !!!

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Hi all,

I'd like to join you all. I thought the abscence of the buckets of cider i used to drink would help me drop a few pounds, but the chocolate and cream cakes I was eating to help with the sugar cravings have taken there tole.

I finally have calmed down a bit now in the munching and have lost 5 pounds, so I'm now 135 with a goal of 126, I'm 5 foot 2 so I'm getting there!!

Good luck everyone,

Kitty
                Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
                Confucius

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

We welcome you with open arms as well as open minds... Sounds like you are on the right path with the proper mindset to lose some weight the healthy way... Yahoo for you !! Look forward to your posts in the future, ~Niblet

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Today I thought light thoughts,,, Helium Balloons... Nice Light Fluffy Clouds.... Soap bubbles... Small Stones... And I weigh 116.4 lbs.. Almost a lb down... Yahoo.. Surprised really cause I just sat around all weekend not doing much of anything. Talk email you guys soon.. Bye for now, ~Niblet~

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Well done Niblet,

Dieting can be such a pain sometimes. I've been really trying this week and this morning I'd put on a pound, yet at the weekend I ate like a horse and lost weight!!

I'm going to perservere though and I've had a good day and saved just enough calories for a little nibble of chocolate as a treat!!

Good luck all,

Kitty
                      Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
                      Confucius

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Hi Everyone,

I know that this is not weigh in day but I finally got the nerve to step on the scales today and found that I had not gained weight, despite having been told by my doctor to restrict my movement as much as possible after my surgery about six weeks ago. A few days ago I was told that I could walk around a little (in horrid clown shoes). I'm at 126.9 which means through restricting my eating somewhat over the past several weeks, I've held steady. I'll be so happy when all of the restrictions are off my movement!

I wonder if I've messed up my metabolism. I certainly haven't starved myself, but I've been uncommonly careful about what I've eaten--not a familiar way for me. I now have permission to walk in short increments on a soft surface such as a treadmill. Does anyone know how much a person who had been restricting food intake would have to walk daily to jump start a stalled metabolism?

Kudos to everyone on their successes!

:heart: E

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

That's awesome new Eustacia !! That's so impressive that you didn't pack any unwanted pounds during this idle time for you... In my opinion, first and formost you should follow your Dr orders as to what you should physically be doing... Having said that, you can be breaking your meals and snacks into smaller portions, but eating more often.. Think of your metabolism as a furnace. Keep some wood in it on a very steady schedule and you will keep your home warm.(Burn more calories) As you are able to do more and more keep in mind that you will be slowing building more muscle. Muscle does weigh more, but that is what you need to keep your metabolism working efficciantly (sp?) You have likely lost a fair amount of muscle tone which is to be expected but it will come back as you are able to do more.. With your Dr.s Okee Dokee. Continue to drink plenty of good old water and keep up the good work... :>)
                          So I guess the key thing would be to eat lots of small, low fat snacks while still staying within your calorie intake... Never go below 1000 calories in my opinion, that will start your body thinkin' it's gonna starve and then it will try to hord calories for this "famine". Good Luck and please keep me posted !! You are really doing great though !! Niblet

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Thanks, Niblet for the advice! I haven't been counting calories but I'll be careful not to eat less the 1000 calories a day. It's really good to move able to more around (at least a little!) again.

:heart: E

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Good Morning all !!
                              This morning I weighed 116.8 lbs.
                              I must say though that with gardening and stuff I've cut out my workouts lately and it shows with my weight holding steady... Oh well, I feel great just the same and will slowly fit it in... Thanks for reading ! ~Niblet~ and hugs.

Comment

WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Hi all! I hadn't posted in this thread yet, as I felt too woefully fat and awful to even contemplate it. I feel like my years of drinking and depression have put me in this fat suit that just isn't even me at all - like Gwnyeth Paltrow in Shallow Hal.

Then, after two weeks of reduced drinking, exercising and watching what I eat, I've lost an amazing 12.5 pounds. I'm ready to hop aboard now!

Comment

Working...
                                X