• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Fitness Journal

G'day y'all,

Good stuff Chief!

How are things LC?

Half hour swim with a few k's easy run to and from pool. It's a glorious 21c here.

Best wishes all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Famous last words!
      Had a terrible flu bug the beginning of this week-- yesterday I went for a long bike ride-- today as well and I will do half an hour of yoga. I cut sugar out of my diet today-- it has been VERY difficult for me, as it's almost as addictive to me as alcohol. I have been eating a lot lately, whenever I have the urge to drink-- so today I have told myself I can eat anything, as often as I want as long as it's not sugar (whole fruit is ok for me) or super simple carbs. So far so good! I'm eating LOTS and lots, but healthy, whole foods.
      My plan is to carry on with no sugar.. and see how I feel. What changes I notice. Hopefully more energy for fitness!!!! And less colds/bugs.

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Day 3 sugar free and I'm already feeling better energy wise and in my gut. Have started with some "detoxifying" Iyengar yoga and am doing resistance training at home with body weight and bricks.. I am avoiding the gym but am going to stop pressuring myself about it. I will go back when I'm ready. For now I'm very much focussed on being sober, not eating sugar, becoming calm and stable in my mind.

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Running a 5K in the morning. Hope it's not raining....

Comment

A Fitness Journal

5K was good. Cloudy so it wasn't too hot. I've been swimming everyday since but I need to run tomorrow because I have another 5K Sunday.

Where is everybody?.....did you all bail on me?

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Chief;1703878 wrote: 5K was good. Cloudy so it wasn't too hot. I've been swimming everyday since but I need to run tomorrow because I have another 5K Sunday.

Where is everybody?.....did you all bail on me?
              Hi Chief, I'm still here. I've been lazy this week. Still a bit cool in the mornings for me. But the weather is finally warming up her in undy world. Plan to hit the pavement with some milage this weekend. TGIF this morning!! Have a great day!

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Hey LC and gang,

Day 45 off the turps and still moving it.

Today when i put on the running shoes, it's likely gym, run to the pool, and a few laps, which for me is about a half hour swim of the relaxed meditative kind. I have a bruised toenail after a couple of long runs in new runners which have proved to be a little too tight around the toes. Not wide enough. So for now i run in my old, torn, but very comfortable shoes.

Happy running this weekend Petrel.

All the best for sunday's 5k Chief.

Have a good one.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Back to my exercise after messing up my last quit.....got 50 lengths of the pool today. Bliss!
                  IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                  Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

A Fitness Journal

daisy45;1704624 wrote: Back to my exercise after messing up my last quit.....got 50 lengths of the pool today. Bliss!
                    Brilliant Daisy.

It's never too late to be what we might've been.

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Thanks G....gonna follow in your footsteps! (In your old trusty shoes! Haha)
                      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Glad to see some action here!

50 laps is great Daisy! Glad you're back!

G, it's always a process breaking in new running shoes. I've been in my new pair about 2 weeks and I'm still not sure if I like them...

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Thanks G'sta. Daisy, chief. Good to see you all getting into it. I did a run (5k) and circuit session this afternoon. Feeling good, now that spring has warmed up. Love this time of year. Looking forward to the weekend.

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Starting to feel fall like here Petrel. I like this time of year when it gets cool, the leaves start to change, etc...

I swam for 45 minutes today. Feel good and ready to hit the nest.

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Hi Chief. I hope you have plenty of cold weather alternative workouts for your upcoming winter. I ran an hour yesterday and felt quite strong. Would have been about 11km. Summer in my part of the world can be quite hot and humid.

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Hi Petrel, yes, the gym I belong to has an indoor running track, stationary bikes, treadmills, stair climbers, rowing machines, weight machines, free weights, a lap pool, leisure pool, basketball courts, etc....all sorts of things to vary your workout when the weather is bad.

Another 5K tomorrow. Weather is suppose to be perfect. I took my 4 yr. old grandson to the gym today and we swam for 1 1/2 hours. That's a workout in itself!

Comment

Working...
                                X