Real Guy's Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real Guy's Stuff

I've always fancied shooting. Since the ban (closing the door after the horse has bolted, but that's another debate) it's not an option any more. I have an air rifle which I used for rabbits (all for the pot)with some success but 'Nanny' is talking about taking that hobby away from us too. I'm sick to death of the government being unable to deal with a few loonies, making the rest of us responsible citizens suffer. I'll be glad when I'm away from here.
    Oooops. That turned into a rant didn't it.

Comment

Real Guy's Stuff

Popeye, I'm with you on that one ........

The 'loonies' will still find the guns anyway .......
      sigpicXXX

Comment

Real Guy's Stuff

They always do Betty.
        I just re-read my post there. I'm disgusted with myself.
        I sound like my dad.
        AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!

Comment

Real Guy's Stuff

I have a smith & weston 9mm luger that I liked to shoot at the range. Pellet rifle and pistol now as well. Once Hubby #1 and I put up a target in the yard and were taking turns and we were sitting in lawn chairs using binoculars to see who did better. The wind blew over the plywood thing with the target on it and hubby looking through binoculars felt like it was falling on him and flew over backwards in his chair. :H:H:H:H I couldn't shoot straight after that.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Real Guy's Stuff

Murder Capital of the World, Ha!
            The USA has'nt banded too many weapons......total access is pretty much the norm. except assualt weapons. That's a joke cause most of the crooks have them....IAD !
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Real Guy's Stuff

OK guy's your'e all really scaring me now ........ when I was a kid I used to go scrumping, not shooting air rifles ......... Im telling you all that Betty Boop must be a nutter, have you seen her avatar! ........ Only joking Betty! ........... what colour did you say your gun was? ......... x

W xx

Comment

Real Guy's Stuff

Wimpey, its nice and shiny and black ........

Seriously, I'm going through my dad's gun cupboards this weekend .....

I will get some of Kerrie's colouring books out ........

BB xx
                sigpicXXX

Comment

Real Guy's Stuff

Guy's keep her talking I will ring the authorities .......... I think she wants to shoot a big scary clown.....

W xx

Comment

Real Guy's Stuff

Going back to lawnmowers.....how about a Husquvarna? Mine is fab. Really robust. Just keeps on going.

Feeling a bit puny in the gun department though.... only got a Beretta Silver Pigeon. Shared with a friend. For clays only. Too worried about killing real stuff cos I'm not that good a shot and don't want to wound only. Got dogs but they're not the retrieving kind..... more the chasing and killing kind!!

Comment

Real Guy's Stuff

Hiya Bessie ....... I know that they are really good the (Husquvarna) ant idea who retails them in the UK? .......... Ive 2 great danes, they are useless at chasing and retreiving ......... but funny as heck! ......

W

Comment

Real Guy's Stuff

Wimpey have you noticed that my new avatar has 2 guns ..........

Just keeping you on your toes ..........

BB xx
                        sigpicXXX

Comment

Real Guy's Stuff

Sorry Betty ......... didn't get down as far as the guns! ........... x

W xx

Comment

Real Guy's Stuff

Oh yeah ........ you have guns! ...... x

W xx

Comment

Real Guy's Stuff

IAD, thank you for your service...didn't know you were a serviceman.

Betty, I'm keeping my coloring books hidden well away from you!!

Popeye, not only do you sound like your dad, but you sound like me too!!! could easily be me on that rant.

i have a shoot this Saturday. this will be a long range precision shoot done in the tactical fashion. (like a sniper) so instead of shooting off a bench I'll be laying on a shooting mat on the weeds using my pack as a rest instead of a bipod. Last time out I managed to shoot 3-shot a group at 200 yard with two holes touching and the 3rd hole only about 15mm away.
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Real Guy's Stuff

yeah! a wonderful and relaxing morning at the range. managed to get 3 out of 5 shots in the bullseye at 200 yards. not too terrible.

I find long range precision shooting to be a meditative and Zen-like 'moving meditation' for myself. if you try to hard....you don't do well. buy you must be VERY aware in sensitive to the subtlest of nuances.
                                nosce te ipsum
                                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                                X