Clear All

The Non-PC Zone

Beck and Palin. V entertaining
    Long Road
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

I love Beck. He's funnier than Jon Stewart.
      Long Road
      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
      Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

I was serious Long Road. They both have tapped into a strong force in this country.

Perhaps my question shoudl be, how strong is that movement in terms of its politcal capital & success in future national elections? I woudl like esp to hear from Deter, Diller, the Raven, B-Man, & Mr. S.

Hope all you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving & did not gain weight, like me. Tomorrow back on the regular diet.

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

I read part of this thread a few days ago and this is still bothering me. Equating the shitty treatment of Irish immigrants to the U.S. (which includes my own ancestors) with the U.S. institution of SLAVERY?

I've seen a lot of outrageous comments, usually on newspaper sites where people are completely anonymous, but this actually takes the cake. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it and I doubt I will ever forget it.
          Holy cow.

Determinator;762119 wrote: the most outrageous cases of violence towards black Africans occurs today where it has always occurred...in Africa, at the hands of other black Africans. Modern day USA is a pretty darn nice place for anyone with a dream to take up shop in spite of our government funded racist programs like affirmative action and corporate subsidies for hiring folks with certain skin colors. My irish ancestors were horribly treated in early US history, literally killed for sport, forced into slavery/prostitution and other atrocities.
          :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

dexterhead;769199 wrote:
            I read part of this thread a few days ago and this is still bothering me. Equating the shitty treatment of Irish immigrants to the U.S. (which includes my own ancestors) with the U.S. institution of SLAVERY?

I've seen a lot of outrageous comments, usually on newspaper sites where people are completely anonymous, but this actually takes the cake. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it and I doubt I will ever forget it.
            Holy cow.
            Non PC means say ... things that people cringe at. Because they are human.

And I admit, some things should be said and cringed at. I just don't see the point in highlighting things most find offensive.

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

dexterhead!!! I could say more but then I might be PC or non-non-PC (ya totally confused)

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

Heavenly;762335 wrote: I am so angry with you, it has taken me a while to calm down to write this. I honestly thought you were reasonable.

Black Africans !!! Who are they ? Africa is a continent not a country for a start.....

Africa was invaded and colonised by who ... the whites of course !!!
                You don't even realize you just lumped all whites together, do you?
                Kelly

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

UrbanFool;770489 wrote: You don't even realize you just lumped all whites together, do you?
                  Urban, I am white. What race are you? Of course, heavenly knows that all whites can not be lumped together. Just like all blacks can not, just like all Chinese, Aisan Indian, Middle Easterners, Native Americans, people of any race can not be lumped together..

The problem is and the point is that the "majority" of white people on the planet refuse to acknowledge what this one race did to other indigenous races & peoples all over the planet. It is that simple. Why argue? It is a fact.

I have a young attorney friend who also is a journalist & is interracial. He asks "Are race relations in this country better or worse since Obama became President?"

My answer and the sad truth in my opinion is -- "they are worse!". Witness, front row, this thread. Supposedly we can now talk openly & reasonably about race. Right! Do you see the seething anger & responses here?

The rightie racists are coming out of the woodwork all over the country to fuel the argument. The lefties liberals of all races, as usual, are grinning & bearing it for the most part. Good for you heavenly for saying what you think.

I have no idea where you stand Urban, and I am not labeling anyone on this thread a rightie or leftie because I truly do not know.

I am just saying that this thread is a microcosm of the deep racial tensions that still exist in this nation.

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

Every time a person disagrees with the big O, he and his clan pull out the race cards. Personally, I think liberals have done more to ruin race relations than anyone else.

Martin Luther King wanted a color blind society, not a "give the minorities anything they wish for" society.

Although my white ancestors were not involved with the Indians or Africans, there are probably a few Catholics and Lutherans and, and and... Christians back there that are responsible for killing one person or the next. I don't think the Vikings cared what color their victims were. I don't in any way feel compelled to spend the rest of my life "paying for it." It's done, get over it!
                    Kelly

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

Once again..I am soooo not posting here anymore. Why can't I learn? Hopefully this will do it.

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

Nice argument.
                        Kelly

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

One parting comment to Urban. You know nothing about me (as the others on this thread do) and I clearly see you are not a person worth explaining anything to. As far as I am concerned Obama & his what did you call it -- oh "clan"-- have sold out. Your use of "clan" is quite ienteresting --screams tribal. Whatever.

I am not angry, but I will tell you this -- anger makes one ugly.

You obviously also know nothing whatsoever about Martin Luther King.

Listen up, this thread died weeks ago because of people like you. Crawl back into your cave with the rest of your "clan" that insists upon making everything a "personal attack' on one another rather than try & learn.

Sorry, had to get it out guys...can't take personal attacks..

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

How was my post in any way a personal attack? And I'm sorry you took offense with the word "clan". I only meant it as a group of like-minded individuals. If I'd meant "tribe", I would've used it.
                            Kelly

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

And what is it you would explain that I won't listen to? If it's factual and truthful, I'm all ears. If it's propaganda, I'd rather not hear it.
                              Kelly

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

UrbanFool;770489 wrote: You don't even realize you just lumped all whites together, do you?
                                Hmmm.... in the middle ages and on up to even the early part of the 20th century and beyond, it was only ''whites'' - be they caucasian or any other shade, from any part of the world ..... that were ''in control'' of the world - trading in people, goods etc, travelling and conquering, colonising .....

Yep, whites are one big lump ...... unfortunately .....

Your name suits you by the way ...........
                                ?We are one another's angels?
                                Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X