The Non-PC Zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Non-PC Zone

Going back to work.......after retirement...to pay for Oboma Health Care ! Daughter going to study Vet. Med.....asked her to change to Regular Med. (Primary Care) She told me that it won't pay to go into that ( She's a Dean's List Vet. Med. Honor Student )......Good luck getting new Doctors to work in Obama Care !! IAD
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

Pres. Oboma has'nt picked a church for worship while in DC........wondering why ? (Yes that's him !)
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

The same thought crossed my mind, IAD.

Is it for real what you said about your daughter not going into primary care? I have been hearing that that would be an unintended consequence of the Healthcare bill and that there will be a huge shortage of doctors. Scary.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

Any politically incorrcters still out there?

Mr. Doggy and I have our own business so we get our health insurance as a group policy. We just got our renewal letter. FIFTY PERCENT rate increase. Yes that is FIFTY PERCENT. WE are used to anywhere from 12% to 20% per year. Anyone else getting this kind of crazy stuff since the new law was passed? (I'm guessing there is a connection)

We already have a high deductible HSA (Health Savings Account) qualified plan. ($1,500 deductible each) Guess we'll have to go higher on the deductibles. I had hoped to add dental insurance this year but that is a NO WAY there.

Ugh. And income taxes go up in January. I can hardly wait to see what property taxes are going to do.

Thanks for letting me vent.

:anon:
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

I am sure your insurance increase is a direct result of our wonderful new Health Care law. I got a letter from my insurance saying that changes are coming to our flexible savings account (similar to HSA). Have you heard anything about changes to your HSA? My understanding is that when the Bush tax cuts expire, many of these benefits will be drastically changed or eliminated. They always call it the "Bush tax cuts for the wealthy". But in fact, many middle and lower income folks benefited from them.

It's going to get ugly.
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

We are all a lot wealthier than we think, and I believe that will become painfully apparent as these new laws take effect, and come January when the tax cuts go away.

I haven't heard about changes to HSA but it wouldn't surprise me. As it is, it's an important benefit to me but certainly not an extravagent one. We can set aside about $3,000 each per year for qualified medical expenses - no income taxex on that money. It can roll from year to year if you don't use it. However, I use it. $1,500 deductible for health insurance alone. Add to that any dental expenses and also my hormone therapy which isn't covered by insurance and there you have it.

I'm nervous about what the future holds. There is no way we would ever consider hiring anyone to work with us in our business in the current uncertain environment. We'll turn away business once we are both working as many hours as humanly possible. It's just too risky cost / tax / legal wise. Many small business owners feel this way, unfortunately.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeSA2j4oiDA[/video]]YouTube - Ellen DeGeneres on being vegan

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

Please watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU0NYMlfByY&feature=related[/video]]YouTube - Earthlings Trailer

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpFbT9XIVoQ&feature=related[/video]]YouTube - EARTHLINGS DIRECTOR'S FEATURETTE

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

For those who are going for moderation:

Vegan Wine Guide

There is another link for vegan beer.

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

Non PC posters..........I was setting back remembering all the heat I got for not voting for Obama......I'm an Independent, I did my homework...I checked out his voting record. I read about his affiliations.......I deemed him the most Liberal Senator in DC ! I personally hoped that Mrs. Clinton would win the Dem Party Nomination. She was more in center with most people in this country. "I'm just outraged with those Independents that did'nt do their homework and could'nt see what Oboma was all about !" Now they're crying foul ! "He's not the man we thought he would be !" (Hay a leopard can't change its spots!) If you had checked his associates........(Marx's and Liberation theologist ) You would of fiquired out what he really was all about ! Now we sit here putting up with his dogma......... November can't come fast enough for me......my personnel thoughts. IAD
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

Doggygirl;913191 wrote: Any politically incorrcters still out there?

Mr. Doggy and I have our own business so we get our health insurance as a group policy. We just got our renewal letter. FIFTY PERCENT rate increase. Yes that is FIFTY PERCENT. WE are used to anywhere from 12% to 20% per year. Anyone else getting this kind of crazy stuff since the new law was passed? (I'm guessing there is a connection)

We already have a high deductible HSA (Health Savings Account) qualified plan. ($1,500 deductible each) Guess we'll have to go higher on the deductibles. I had hoped to add dental insurance this year but that is a NO WAY there.

Ugh. And income taxes go up in January. I can hardly wait to see what property taxes are going to do.

Thanks for letting me vent.

:anon:
                          Unfortunately, so many of our law makers are receiving big money from insurance companies, they didn't have the balls to put limits on their profits. Thus, insurance premiums will continue to rise. Also, a robust "public option" would have kept health care costs in check.

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

Here's some recreational reading...

Insurance | OpenSecrets

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

Hi Guys,

Just droppin' by. Why?...dunno!. But I find it totally amazing that the last round of posts I was involved with were end of 2009..AND nothing, I mean nothing has changed!!Only thing is, dear God, Glenn Beck & Palin have made incredible headway. God help us.

I think this thread coudl be a politically historical record. I hope it stays alive.

Shout out to my conservative or progressive (whatever I dunno) friends --- IAD, DETER!! As for you darling DUCK -- I just have to ask..so what is your solution?? Or have you, like me, gone over the edge, and accept "no solution PolyAnna- just enjoy the life we have been given & do good for your neighbor & love God".

Anyways guys..best to all of you. Hope you are well. Oh, and IAD, I really am curious as to why you think the healthcare reform is so bad. I can see only the good. What am I missing?

Love Old Friends,
                              Chrysa (Jeannie in another reality)

PS..that was some hot strange debate about racisim. We should reconvene now that we are all so cooler & maturer... lol ;>) ~luv~ Jeannie

PS..how are you all doing personally -- Deter & DeterX, IAD & fam, dill, fennel, Mister ?, and, of course, The Duck herself!

Comment

Working...
                              X