Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I'm a Newbie

Hi Michelle,

Quite the comment isn't it and at a place you would least expect to hear it! Wow, that is so me, is all I can say. Good for her to except it and to be so open about it. Wouldn't you have loved to have spoken with her about that? This is just such a private and personal issue...

I'm so glad Mr. Postman made you happy today!:lol
    Enjoy the book, you will find strenght and see alot of yourself in there I am sure! Plus the topa will take some of the edge off for you I hope...and give you some of the extra will power and strenght that this journey takes!

Have a great day (or evening for you as it maybe..)
    All my Best,
    Tammie

ps....start with 25 mg of topa a day for 1 week then go up to 50mg of topa per day...wanted to add that incase you didn't get that far in the book yet!

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Hi there

Hi L

Great to hear from another brit! Have just ordered the book, managed to get it from amazon.co.uk. Have made a doctors app for next Wednesday to see if I can get Topa on script, she already knows my history so fingers crossed otherwise I will order on line. Thanks for the support
      Whitestar

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Hi I'm new

Hi everyone, I'm new and on day 3. Am going cold turkey at the moment. Have not received the book yet and was wondering what are the side effects of the topa? I have seen mention of some when reading the threads. Have also to get the Kudzu. Always find the first week or so not too bad, its when the memory of the hangovers and the feeling of self disgust fades that I fall off the wagon. Thats why I have been leaving that kind of stuff in reserve.

Really enjoy reading about all of you, it has been so helpful.

Good luck

Rustop

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Re: Hi I'm new

Hi Rustop:

I started on Topa a week ago today- 25 mg. Really have had no side effects @ all except maybe being tired. Do not know if the tiredness is from the topa or from the Calmes Forte but I can live with it. I went up to 50 mg today and was immediately exhausted. That is still ok with me, as I am getting deep REM sleep @ night which I think I lacked for years. Also, being tired keeps me from a run to the store for wine, which is a really good thing! I have not had any alcohol since starting the topa so don't know if it will make me stop drinking sooner as it has many on the boards. Hope this is helpful info. All the best...

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Hi, i dont dont know what to say but i think i need help.......... i cant help myself, i drink......... all the time....and i hide it from my friends, i go to work everyday and its not easy but its time to change. i have to do this........cant type right now

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

well you're in the right place! you'll find so much support here,you don't have to post anything yourself if you don't feel up to it,just keep reading and it'll get better,promise! jenny.take care

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

I too am a "newbie" and like many of you have struggled with drinking for years. And, like many of you, am sick and tired of living my life this way. I have tried AA, a treatment Centre and found they do not address my reality. I drink every day and the more beer or the bigger bottle of wine I have at home I know it will be gone the next morning. Being aware of that I would buy fewer beer or smaller bottles actually believing I "was doing something" to curb it. I was actually lying to myself..I would sometimes find an excuse to drive into town and buy more if I didn't get the desired buzz. Or, if I managed to curb it this way for a period ot time, I would then spend the weekend in a drunken fog. Not pretty. I hope in my heart of hearts that this site will (that I will allow it to) help me to create the life I crave.

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Re: newbie

Hi michelle,
                  hear I am again glass of wine in hand sat lunch hubby at work feel so fed up with myself the reason I went off the boil was that life gets tough stressful and sometimes boring and I never really took the bull by the horns and thought I'm going to do this sometimes people have to reach rock bottom I know my drinking has got worse and I've done some ridiculous things but I don't know when to say to myself enough is enough like someone said what else do you do until you find pleasure with other things in life like reading walking taking your kids swimming and not thinking I'll get back and have a glass of wine!

Wish this stuff had never been invented.well done for your moderation it's so tough and your doing it without the topa's.
                  Next week I am going to try the topas and kudzu got to order the cds.:keep up the good work it's good i'm not alone by the way can you call me candice.

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Hi Everyone.

Hope you are all ok. Wow, 5 days!! I can't believe it! I have gone from drinking at least 6 pints of Stella (5.2%) or a small bottle of vodka in the evenings, every evening for who knows how many years and that was a quiet night, to just ONE pint per night and that's only out of habit. I don't really enjoy it. I've now just got to work out how to break that habit. Any ideas? I know it's still only early days I'm not getting complacent, I'm just chuffed with myself!

I went to get the last of my supp's today so just waiting for the AllOne now. You really see the world differently when you don't have a hazy hangover head! I've also started having flashbacks to when I wasn't drunk every night and I'm talking years ago, very strange. Just enjoying a cup of tea in the evening, simple pleasures huh!

The side effects of the Topa makes me laugh as I'm even more scatty than when I was drunk! A word of advice for people just starting out-don't put anything down that you might want a few minutes later because you wont remember where you've put it!! Or maybe that's just me. It doesn't effect everyone in the same way! It's made me tired by 9.30 too but I don't mind that one bit, am enjoying getting a good nights sleep, it's been a long time. Also, as RJ says in the book, don't bother telling me your name as I keep getting my daughters names confused with my cats!!!

Well, enough of my babbling. Have a sober weekend.

Luv to you all.

Michelle

Candice, I'm going to send you a private email shortly. I gotta go cook dinner now though. Hang in there. You don't HAVE to hit rock bottom to want to change x

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Hi all, I've been waiting to receive everything so that I can get started. I finally have the vitamins - have read the book - have been listening to the cd's - and took my first 1/2 of a 25 mg. Topo an hour ago. My fingers are already tingling.
                      I'm excited - and nervous.
                      I have found the postings on this website so inspirational that I wanted to say thank you in advance. I hope to be as successful as you have.
                      Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.
                      Shord

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Hi Jenny,

Thank you so much for your encouraging message, i didnt even know if my cryptic comment got out to anyone... I logged on this morning to find your message...

Yes i will keep reading what others have posted, that is what inspired me to join in the first place.

Im going to speak to a counsellor also, i have self esteem issues as well as drinking issues. I dont even know which order it came in lol, did i have self esteem issues which started me drinking or has the excessive drinking caused the low self esteem, anyway i guess im at the beginning of a long road to recovery and self discovery........

May the force be with you all......Sanya

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Hi I'm a Newbie

Hi,
                          Well. Here goes. I haven't ordered the supplements or the CD's yet, but have read the book and stayed sober for the past 2 weeks.
                          Is anyone from Canada? Can we get Topomax here? I already know that beer is available - in a rather big way.
                          Cna't wait to get started. The thought of having one beer after a hard day is heaven. Only one.

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

new to site

I need something, someone to talk with. I can't talk to family. I've always been strong, but the last 10years have been a major tour of my judgement. I can't control myself any longer. I've been in a new relationship for three years, which his drinking doesn't help. I hate my weight gain and I want to be in control again

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Hi there I am also A newbie and I do not know if I am posting in the right section, but if I am I need some help.. I just stumbled on this website this morning and was blown away I could totally identify with everything. I downloaded the book read it went to my doctor got the topa went to the halth food store got the supps and took my first topa two hours ago and I am having a glass of wine right now...I also just ordered the hypno tapes... How long did most of you have to wait to begin to feel results and is it ok to start with out having the hypno tapes right away??? Any replies would be appreciated...

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Kimfl

Hi,

sorry you had to wait so long for a reply...

I have been doing pretty well with the supps and will power alone so far - I intend to get the CDs soon as I believe they will really help. It seems that many (most?) of the people here are using the meds too, but not everyone. People seem to take from the programme what they feel comfortable with - it really is a question of what works for you. For me, it was my time to stop - I think that is why it has so far been relatively easy ( I do get cravings at 5pm though when I used to be buying, or drinking my first bottle of wine.) I am going for complete abstinence for at least a month and then I'll see...

The support you get on the boards is as helpful as any other aspect of the programme.
                                Keep posting and good luck!

Lulu

Comment

Working...
                                X