• Time
  • Show
Clear All

world cup draw

love you too ktab xxx
    life is simple its just not easy

Comment

world cup draw

:H:H:H jayuz I forgot about that. The northy reg cars will be heading down south today so.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

world cup draw

Thanks Draggy, we are arranging another lunch time meet up for the end of the month in Dublin. Would be lovely if you could make it.

Comment

world cup draw

i try, things are settling down nicely here, so maybe
          life is simple its just not easy

Comment

world cup draw

That would be great, its looking like sat 31st for lunch. That would probably suit you I imagine as you could do it as a day trip.

Comment

world cup draw

Big Game Today/Tonight I must be honest not a soccer fan at all !!! But since i have ancestry from NETHERLAND AND IRELAND I will be watching LETS GO NETHERLAND WOOOOOOOHHHHHHOOOOOO Trucker

Comment

world cup draw

ok very soon we shall have the last match of this world cup 2010.

spain v holland.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

world cup draw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUL0qf9XgDI[/video]]YouTube - Tulips from Amsterdam

for draggy :-)

Comment

world cup draw

SPAIN WIN THE WORLD CUP 2010

Comment

world cup draw

"It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

world cup draw

Andres Iniesta struck a dramatic winner late in extra time to give Spain World Cup glory for the first time but condemned the Netherlands to their third defeat in a final.

Iniesta drilled his right-foot strike across goal - but the Dutch were incensed after referee Howard Webb had failed to award their side a corner moments earlier when a free-kick took a sizeable deflection off Cesc Fabregas.

However, Euro 2008 champions Spain, who conceded only two goals during the tournament, deserved their victory after gradually taking a grip on a tense and bad-tempered contest that produced 14 yellow cards with Johnny Heitinga sent off on 109 minutes after picking up a second yellow card.

The Dutch, who lost in the 1974 and 1978 finals, were bidding to become the first side since Brazil in 1970 to go through World Cup qualifying and the finals unbeaten.

They had a glorious chance to take the lead in the second half but Arjen Robben, comfortably his team's most potent attacking weapon, could find no way past Spain captain Iker Casillas, who slumped to the floor and cried tears of joy after the final whistle.

Sergio Ramos was equally culpable of a glaring miss for Spain when he headed over and substitute Fabregas, as with Robben before him, also failed to convert a one-on-one chance.

But it was from a through ball by the influential Fabregas that midfielder Iniesta struck making Spain the first team to win a World Cup after losing their opening game of the tournament.

Spain also became the team to win the World Cup having scored the fewest number of goals - finding the net eight times in their seven matches. The previous mark was held by three teams, including England in 1966.

The dramatic finale at Soccer City was in stark contrast to a hugely underwhelming opening 45 minutes, which was a brutal disappointment after the spectacular opening ceremony and moving appearance by former president Nelson Mandela that had preceded it.

Spain dominated possession in the opening minutes and looked to have the measure of an uncertain Dutch backline. Ramos almost put them ahead after just four minutes but his thunderous header was brilliantly saved by Maarten Stekelenburg.

The Netherlands could not get a grip on the game but were helped by a spate of yellow cards from referee Webb that disturbed the rhythm of the match.

Webb booked five players in the opening 28 minutes, although several crude challenges left him with little option.

Dutch enforcer Mark van Bommel was booked after going through the back of Iniesta, while Nigel de Jong was lucky to escape red after planting his foot in the chest of Xabi Alonso.

Robben did force a decent save from Casillas with a low left-foot strike after cutting inside during stoppage time.

But the match had degenerated to the extent that Alonso opted to shoot with a free-kick on the wrong side of 40 yards instead of a seeking out a team-mate.

Spain defender Joan Capdevila wasted a good chance shortly after the restart, failing to make contact with a Carles Puyol flick-on.

The bookings continued after the break and the contest occasionally threatened to boil over as the tension appeared to affect the players.

But there were also a few moments of real quality, none more so than a sumptuous through ball from the largely anonymous Wesley Sneijder that played Robben clean through on goal.

Robben delayed his shot but, equally, Casillas stood his ground as long as possible and brilliantly saved with his legs.

It was a head-in-hands moment for Robben, but one quickly followed for Spain when a completely unmarked Ramos headed a corner over the crossbar.

Robben's pace troubled the Spanish defence throughout and another burst from the Bayern Munich man unsettled Puyol, who appeared to impinge his opponent. Robben, just outside the penalty area, chose to stay on his feet and Casillas again denied him.

Spain had moved into the ascendancy as the match wore on, with Xavi increasingly influential.

Fabregas replaced Alonso in the 87th minute and quickly made an impression by collecting a superb Iniesta pass, but the Arsenal man could find no way beyond Stekelenberg, who saved brilliantly with his legs.

The complement was returned shortly afterwards but Iniesta opted not to strike from 18 yards and was eventually dispossessed by the excellent Gregory van der Wiel.

Heitinger became the fifth man to be sent off in a World Cup final when he pulled back Iniesta on the edge of the area, giving Webb little choice but to hand him a second caution, and that seemed to spur Spain on for a final effort.

Joris Mathijsen headed over for the Netherlands in what was their only good chance of the extra-time period before Iniesta struck his late and decisive blow

Comment

world cup draw

Well done to Spain, delighted football won out. Some of the Dutch challenges were X rated especially in the first half.

Comment

world cup draw

Bravo espanha

over all they were the better side

Comment

world cup draw

Well thats it from me on this thread,

next world cup brazil 2014 :-)

wonder if i will be still around here ??

hope i am and i am still alcohol free :-)

:-)

Comment

world cup draw

Thanks for all your contributions Mario.

Only two years till the euros and the qualifiers start in the autumn :happy:

Comment

Working...
                                X