The Last Child by John Hart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what a great read about one young man's remarkable determination. It takes alot to tear up techie. This did a damn good job :upset:
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Whats it about Techie...spill..
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

techie,
      just googled The Last Child and read a Washington Post review of the book. It sounds like a great read. Any other recommendations?
      Has anyone read The Help?

Comment

one2many;864389 wrote: Whats it about Techie...spill..
        It's about a boy whose twin sister disappears. She is presumed dead. Well the boy dosen't believe his twin is dead. he sets out on his bike with a map to find her. I was very moved by this story O2Many and I read alot. Three to five novels a month.
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

spedteach;864623 wrote: techie,
          just googled The Last Child and read a Washington Post review of the book. It sounds like a great read. Any other recommendations?
          I'm half way through A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick...a story about an early 20th century widower who puts an ad in the paper for a "reliable wife" Someone responds, but she is not reliable and not honest. I'll say no more...

Comment

A Reliable Wife is on my bedside table waiting to be read!! I too read a lot.

Comment

Writing these down as we speak...I eat novels!! Thanks guys!

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

I eat novels, too Oney.

These are written down and I will purchase them the next time I can.

It's funny how different the books are that I read. I love sci fi, I love horror, I love classics, I love fantasy, I love mysteries.

I, too, eat novels up.

Right now I am reading for the umpteenth time The Sun Also Rises, for some reason many hate Hemingway. I like his very sparse verbiage.

I love Ayn Rand and Somerset Maugham.

I also enjoyed the Scarlet Pimpernal and A Tale of Two Cities.

I very much enjoy Edgar Allan Poe. His poems are often much better than his short stories but I will read all of them.

I love Stephen King, I hated Carrie, IT, and some others but the short story The Body
                and the novel The Stand
                as well as The Green Mile
                were awesome stories.

I also often read "trash" novels such as Janet Evanovich, although I only like her Stephanie Plum novels. I like the Stuart Woods stuff. Real trash but fun reads.

I get a kick out of J.D. Webb (aka Nora Roberts, although the Nora Roberts books suck, IMHO) but her J.D. Webb novels are great fun reads.

I should probably read more intelligent novels these days but all I want today is something I can read, enjoy and relax with. On airplanes, in the hotel room, and at home in the toilet. :H:H

I love to read.

Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

A few months I read two books by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. The Shadow of the Wind & The Angels Game. These books were superlative. I would recommend them to anyone that gets excited about looking for a great read....techie

Comment

Oh yeh I read 'the last child' ages ago, it is very good, recommended.
                    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

I found "Running with Scissors" in the thrift shop....anyone know if it is any good?

AF 10th May 2010
                      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

GREAT thread by the way.....we have not had a good book thread in ages!

AF 10th May 2010
                        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Oney,

Running With Scissors was one of the saddest books I ever read!!

People said it was funny, so I picked it up.

It is the story of a child left to grow up on his own.

It is a very good book.

Love,
                          Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Thanks a million Cindi, I will start it today....funnily enough, I do like sad books sometimes...I find they affect me a lot more than a movie could.

AF 10th May 2010
                            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

spedteach;864623 wrote: techie,
                              I read The Help and it was wonderful! Loved it. And I read A LOT so I know what I'm talkin' about. LOL :H
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                              X