Nourishing November~2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nourishing November~2017

Took it upon myself to start us up for November,hope the name is ok as we nourish ourselves spiritually,physically and mentally,here's to a great month!:welldone:
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Re: Nourishing November~2017

Good morning...

Pauly, thanks for starting the thread and I love the name! Our Halloween was busy, it was cold but clear, lots of kids and lots of candy given away! Truly loved seeing the excited little kids, asked them about their costumes, and they were happy to explain. I am lucky, the men in my life, husband, son, sil, all love the holidays and they mean alot to them. My brothers text me back and one calls often, although lately he has been slacking. Has your work picked up? I would think as the weeks go on with the holidays you will get busier. I get that Las Vegas has a feeling of sadness after the tragedy.

Lav, I can definitely see that you would be thinking about the holidays. Very hard for you. I started the new FOK course, have a few things to figure out but that is OK. Yesterday the weather really was cold and rainy, we stayed in and got a few things taken care of in the house. No more workmen, I hope, for the rest of the year. I have had my fill. LOL.

Cyn, hope the storms have blown on by, take care of yourself and find a little time to do something fun or relaxing.

SK, hello to you, hope things are going well.

Have a good one.

Comment

Morning friends,Star glad your Halloween was fun I'm in a bit of a dilemma cuz Michelle's in town until tomorrow and I want to see her but when she text me yesterday that they wanted to swing by before her dad got home I asked her why she just can't come alone cuz hubs is done with the bf after all that drama a couple of weeks ago! He wants nothing to do with the guy and doesn't want him over here period.ugh,I dunno if I should just have them come over while he's at work or what,I do want to see her before they go back to California plus give her the things I got her for her birthday that she was out of town for,I'll figure it out I guess,hello Lav and Cyn hope we all have a nice AF Thursday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Evening all - thanks for the start-up, Pauly, great name. It is hard for women (in particular) to nourish themselves in November and December, I think. This thread name will be a great reminder! I think I would have gone on posting on the October thread for the next month w/o realizing it,

I hope all are well, it was nice to read about the Halloween kids and costumes. Once again, I am going to try to simplify but beautify our holidays this year. It really is just the 3 of us, so it doesn't seem like much, but somehow it always wipes me out. And I have a big client move to orchestrate in the days right after Thanksgiving, so we'll see how that works. We made one decision already... we found a beautiful ( in a minimalist/Scandinavian way) tall balsam wood ornament tree on Etsy and ordered it. Kinda pricey, but it will pay for itself in 3 years of not buying live green trees. I just can't manage a live tree anymore, and don't love the fake ones. This sweet tree is made from environmentally friendly balsam wood, and has places to hang all the ornaments... I'll spring for a balsam wreath for the mantle, or something like that. So, mixing old and new traditions.

Lav, I hope that your holidays get sorted... sorry you have to deal with that- you have some serious 'man' karma that is working iteself out! In your next life it sounds like it will be smooth sailing!

SK, how are you feeling? How are the painted rocks coming?

Pauly, that's quite the dilemma you have for Michelle -- good luck figuring it all out.

Star, unlike me, I know you love to decorate for the holidays --- I bet everything is so pretty in your house now!

Take care all, I am worn out from a lot of work and travel, a poor sleep last night... I'll 'see' you all tomorrow.

Comment

I'll bet the tree is lovely Cyn I'd love to just get a real nice,high quality artificial tree but hubs is a brat about wanting a real one I just had Michelle and her bf meet me at my shop today,figure it avoids an argument and I got to see my precious girl

Comment

Pauly, great name for November.

Lost my car keys and it cost 342.00 for a new one!

Saw Vivian (via Uber) and she was a vampiress.

I bought a new battery a month ago and it was completely drained when locksmith tried to start it. Should it do that? No lights were left on.

Where I live some kids have the entitlement issue and others don't. Luckily, mine didn't and before they left home they had to be able to change a tire, do laundry, and cook real food. In her first apt. if one of my daughter's friends went to the fridge it was always OMG real food! Of course where I live the cry for dinner is "get in the car". The lack of cooking shocked me here when we were first transferred in 1990. In Canada dinner parties were regular and there was competition! I held a couple of dinner parties
            here, but there was never a return invite, just an invite to meet at a restaurants. Now I live alone no problem.

We had a touch of cooler weather for a few days and now it's back in the 90's. The forecast is 60's next week. After the locksmith finished I took Peggy to the dog park we go to. On the way back she started shaking and panting. I went to Kroger and when I came back she was cowering under the dashboard??

Oh well, she's been loved and now sleeping.

Lav, husband left for 4 years and then came back? Where did he go and was there an explanation for his return?
            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Greetings friends!

We had a mild day today, not sure where that came from because it had been colder, ha ha!
              Shopped in an Amish hardware store today where you pretty much have to take a flashlight in if you want to see anything. The only light in their stores comes from the windows & skylights & it was super cloudy this morning. Weird, but very nice people.

Pauly, thanks for starting us up for November!
              Glad you got to see Michelle after all. Husbands don't always make things easy, do they? I hope everything is OK for her & that she is happy.

Star, I hope you enjoy your course, sounds like fun. I actually made a FOK soup recipe today, made a few slight changes to suit our taste & attitudes, ha ha.
              I am determined not to get myself all riled up about the holiday season. It's just going to be what it is, not necessarily what I want or am used to having. I hope I come up with something a little festive at least. Good the workmen are gone until next year

Cyn, about the man karma thing - I decided a long time ago that in my next life there will be NO men, none whatsoever. I couldn't cope with a repeat of this BS, no way!!!
              Your tree find on Etsy sounds interesting, I hope it's just right for you!
              I hope you are not wearing yourself out. Take some time to regroup every now & then!

SK, were you talking about your car battery draining that quickly? No way that should be happening. I wonder if the battery you were given was a dud.
              WE used to have dinner parties with friends & family all the time back in the 70's & 80's. After that things just seemed to change & no one had the time or energy anymore, sad.
              Yeah, my spouse went thru some sort mental thing...I can't even explain. He gave me no verbal warning or reason at the time. He was living on the college campus where he was working at the time. Weird, huh? His reasoning for returning was "I might as well move back since I'm here all the time anyway" - not exactly what a girl wants to hear. It certainly didn't make me feel special in any way, did it? He's just bizarre, that's all I can say.

OK, I hope everyone has a peaceful & restful night!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning...

Up super early today, not sure why.

Lav, it is warmer here too, up to 70 on Sunday, then back in the 40s and 50s. Hope the holidays are more than you expect, you never know. Seems like you and your husband are on better terms recently,since his retirement. I was thinking about how much change my husband and I have gone through, and we both just want peace and love, kind of like the hippies. Haha.

Pauly, you have had extra drama this year, I feel for you having to meet your daughter at your store, but I can also see your husband's point. If they are fighting all the time, either get it together or split up. Either way, he does not want to be involved in their fights anymore. But, if they are going to stay together, you want relationship with your daughter. Geez, I like your solution but you are in the middle. Hope you have a great Friday off, do something for yourself.

Cyn, your new Christmas tree sounds interesting. We may get a new one this year, give our old one to our son. We have more room in this house and I have more time, so we'll have to see. Sorry you didn't sleep well, maybe a nap today? Take care.

Skendall, what a pain to lock your keys in the car, sorry it happened. I like how you just take care of business. Your dog sounds cute, what a great companion. When I think back to when my kids were teens, it was a like a different life, very stressful, glad that time is over. I like now better.

Well, I may have overnight company, daughter and family, but not sure as she was not feeling super well yesterday, so we'll see. Exercise this morning and grocery store, then cooking up something wonderful, I hope. I bought a new set of stainless steel pots and pans, I have never had a new set before so excited to use them. They are pretty. LOL. I need to get going on that cooking course. Have a great AF Friday.

Comment

Morning all -

Pauly, great solution to seeing Michelle! I think in general, women in the family are the 'neutral' party and negotiators, I am glad you found a way to see her. I agree with Star - I hope you can do something nice for yourself today...

Lav, you are wise as ever. I was always used to going to be with my family in the Midwest, being part of a large noisy crowd, then church services. But it is all different now - mostly because I don't like having to be the one the flies places during the holidays. Life changes, and I guess we have to accommodate, eh? So interesting about the Amish shops - thanks for sharing.

Star, so nice you have some new pans to cook with! What a good investment in your good-food future. I look forward to hearing about the FoK class. How is your husband's BP was that part of why you decided to go this way for eating? I hope his health (and yours) is good.

SK - what a day you had! I have been reading that astrologically there is a lot of big, big activity going on, major stuff, and that these last few days and the next few might be super-rocky, or super-brilliant, or anyway unusual. I hear you about the level of non-cooking these days. It really is shocking - even though we know more and more about food, fewer people have a deep connection to the food that they put in their mouths and where it has come from. Maybe everyone is just working so hard to stay afloat these days that the time for cooking is limited. I know many days when I feel like all I do is work and cook. But it's so worth it!

While I was reading about these astrological things (by the way, a lot of emphasis on truth-telling and revelations - think Mueller), I followed a link to a very interesting site. Apparently 11 is a significant number, and of course we are coming up on 11/11/17. There is a whole meditation website that will ping you at 11:11 each day and give you a meditation (or something, I didn't get a chance read deeply. I did download the app.... more info soon!) you can check it out at: breathe1111.com

I stayed up until 12:30 AM finishing up a writing project last night, but I managed to teach myself how to use the desktop publishing software to get it done, so I am proud! Skype call this morning with clients, and then a nap!!!!

Wishing all calm and delight in some part of the day...

Comment

Morning friends,Cyn staying up til 12:30 would kill me! I barely made it to 9:30 on Halloween haha I'm such a nerd! Interesting on the meditation and 11 being a relevant number thanks for sharing Star,I keep seeing commercials for those stackable Caphalon pans and I want them! But I know most will end up at Kell's cuz she's a klepto haha,tell us what you end up cooking Lav,I'd ball my eyes out and be super depressed about not sharing the holidays with my kids/grandkids,I'm proud of you for staying strong,really what else can you do? It would only hurt you to whine about it cuz we can't change other people,just breaks my heart for you and I know there's gonna be a day when your son regrets this little"tiff" over nothing! SK,so sorry about the keys and battery,I think the battery should have a warranty depending on where you bought it? Ours always do,off to exercise,eat,99 cent store,lunch with Kell and Lou,avoid anymore Halloween chocolate! Wishing us all a happy AF Friday

Comment

Good evening friends,

WE had another oddly warmish day here but it looks like change is coming. Heading to my daughter's house tomorrow morning although she won't be there, she's working. I'll spend a little time with my granddaughter while the guys do something with a chain saw in the backyard, ha ha! Glad we can be of service

Star, I just replaced my original pots & pans a few years ago - they were beat up rather badly. Things that you use very day should be sturdy & shiny too, right?
                      All I really want (and have wanted almost forever) is peace. I have never asked for much of anything else. Perhaps I was wrong in assuming that peace is what everyone else wants too - don't know. I just know that 'stuff' doesn't make me especially happy. I don't give a rats a$$ about bigger & better houses, cars, bank accounts & all the other BS that people will kill themselves trying to attain. I am pretty simplistic & hippyish too - Peace
                      Enjoy your weekend!

Cyn, I like how you scheduled a nap in your day - nice
                      Talk about approaching the holidays differently, I was just thinking it might be fun to take the dog & just go for a ride somewhere instead of cranking out a whole Thanksgiving meal, ha ha! There's also birthdays for my son & grandson right around Thanksgiving to think about too. I'll figure something out, not worrying now.
                      I hope your day went well!

Pauly, thank you. I am just so freaking determined to not let anyone crawl under my skin anymore - that is my #1 stay sober tool!
                      I know from prior experience that if I allow people to 'get to me' all bets are off. I just will not let that happen again, no way! Whatever these holidays bring will be OK, no worries.
                      I have no problem staying away from Halloween candy, most of it is milk chocolate & I can't eat it anyway. I did buy some dark (dairy free) chocolate for my granddaughter though so I have had just a little of hers
                      Yeah, I am hoping my son will wake up one of these days & realize how far this nonsense has gone. I'm just grateful that he is able to keep the boys on a relatively smooth course while their mother is toeing the edge.

Hi there SK, hope you are OK today!

Have a nice night everyone!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Morning all -

Pauly, I hope your day turned out well - that sounded like a sweet, happy day that you had planned.

Star, hope you are OK - maybe you are cooking up a storm? I put some sweet potatoes, honeycrisp apple and chopped cranberries in the oven last night - what a great treat! Yum!! I had to stop myself from eating the whole pan... comfort food. Hope you are well.

Lav, I love the 'put the dog in the car idea, that sounds good to me! I am ordering a broken up turkey, breast separated from the rest and will cook it and other stuff the day before. otherwise it just seems like I cook all day for a flash of eating!

SK, hope you are doing OK. How are you managing with the pain? Hope you can get some deep breathing in, I am trying to remember that myself.

Well, no nap yesterday, but I had a good day anyway, and a good sleep, even with the big moon shining in the window! Staying home to work on my book and get some outside stuff finished up since the cold will be here in a few days.

As LBH always said, May We Be Well ....

Comment

Morning friends,Cyn that almost sounds like a thanksgiving side dish haha,glad you could stop yourself from eating the whole pan I did terribly on avoiding the Halloween chocolate last night,that's what I get for buying us a second bowl of the good stuff so we'd have leftovers,what is your book about? Lav,have fun with granddaughter,she seems like a happy little girl Star,what did you end up cooking? Something good I hope,I'm gonna research some soup recipes for the crock pot,even though I always seem to end up with the same old chicken based stuff,was gonna do some chilli but nobody likes it but me and hubs and I don't want the stomach discomfort cuz once I start it's hard to stop it's just too good haha,don't wanna work today,I always whine but it ends up being okay so I should be quiet! Wishing us all a happy AF Saturday

Comment

Good afternoon...

Had a busy night and morning, I made the no tuna salad, vegan mushroom soup, and had bread sticks and salad for others who did not want that. Needless to say, everyone chowed down. Woke up at 4:15 am hearing a baby crying and my poor daughter had been up since 12:30 am so I took the next shift. She slept till a little after 8 so felt human with almost four hours sleep. Oh, I remember the days and do not miss them.

Pauly, sounds like a great Friday, exercise is a good way to start the day, really lifts my mood.

Cyn, what a busy day for you, hope you get a little time to relax today. So cool you are writing a book. I am going to a decor demonstration from 3 to 5 today, I really don't need anything, but love to see the new stuff and get ideas.

Lav, I was able to use a new pot yesterday and it was fun. It is so nice to have a decent matching set of pots and pans. My son-in-law loves vegan food, it agrees with him and he said the soup was, "amazing." So nice for me. I am starting to worry about the holidays a little, my son is dating someone and we are going to my daughter's house and some relatives may be mean about my son being gay. It would hurt him so badly if people are assholes and ruin it for everyone else too. My daughter is going to try to find out if they are prejudiced and if so, tell them they can't come. It is just so mean and cruel, I just don't get it. Anyway, I don't have to have it, so one holiday where I do not have to cook. Good for me. I make my own holidays with decorations, music, lighting, and feel ready to stay home if I have too. We did in the past and it was what it was. I do not like big gatherings any more and all the hassle. I think you should plan something different. Why not. I like the attitude we can only control ourselves, no one else. I hate unnecessary drama. I value peace and kindness so much.

Have a great AF Saturday.

Comment

Greetings friends!

Cooling down here a bit as predicted but it's to be expected
                              Had a pretty quick visit with my happy granddaughter today - she showed me her Halloween outfit & every piece of candy she collected trick or treating, ha ha!!!! What a good time in a little girl's life this is before all the grown up stuff starts, ugh. I hope she stays this happy as long as possible.

Cyn, sorry you missed your nap - bummer, LOL
                              That moon shining in our windows, the November full moon is known as the beaver moon - just read that today. The native Americans named it because it was the best time to set traps to get their skins before the real cold weather moved in - learn something new every day!
                              My daughter was at work today so I didn't have a chance to ask her about Thanksgiving. If they are not expected at his parent's house this year then they will likely come here - I guess, who knows? A small event or non-event sounds good to me. Your plan is good.
                              I hope LBH is stll enjoying her trip, her pics have been awesome.

Star, is the baby dealing with teething issues or is something else going on? It is hard when they pull an all nighter like that, poor little guy.
                              Glad your meal was approved by all! I love that no tuna salad, yum
                              YB's grandmother was the 'family harsh critic'. She was so nasty to me when she found out that I invited an extended family member (who was gay) to our daughter's christening party (back in 1977). I told her if she didn't like it she could just stay home - and she DID, ha ha!!! What a nasty old fart that woman was, no kidding. I wouldn't let anyone like that try to run my life back then & I sure wouldn't in this day & age either. WTF is wrong with people anyway???
                              Tell your daughter to stick to her guns & support her brother the way she wants!

Pauly, I am finding veggie/noodle based soups with low sodium veggie broth to be much more agreeable these days. The veggie broth is alkaline & better for my bones than chicken broth anyway. I really have to eat carefully these days or I am uncomfortable. I had ordered some Enjoy Life dark chocolate for my milk-free granddaughter for Halloween & got an extra bag for the house here No milk chocolate for me.

Have a nice night one & all!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X