Christmas Day 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Day 2022

Merry Christmas everyone ..a time for reflection ,in some cases sadness with fond memories ,but looking forward with positive vibes and thoughts too.Hope you are all ok today.If there is anyone here who wants or needs to talk ,feeling lonely etc ,just pm me ,any conversation is ours and ours alone .Dry over here this morning but cold .We are going down to the other Julies about 12 ish .

Hiya Slo ...all the very best to you .hope you have a nice day ..you got it in one ...we dont drink....not cant ..wont .

hello Sam all the best to you mate hope you and yours are well.

teegee ..happy holiday to you ...what are you up to today?

Hiya Lav ,how are you doing?Family all gone now fed and watered?hope you have a lovely time .

hiya ppqp,wherever you are hope all is well with you .

Pauly all the very best to you.

Take care everyone ,bless you all.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: Christmas Day 2022

Merry Christmas/happy winter holiday day all!

Wow, did I really miss a couple of days? Not sure how that happened, though I have been busy with projects. Yesterday was my brother’s birthday, and he always got the short end of the stick on his day. So I made a nice brekkie for him yesterday and took it to my SIL and his house, along with a lot of memorabilia from our family that I have found recently... it was a nice quiet celebration for him...

Today I’ll make a few dishes to put on the shared feast table later this afternoon - Niece, husband and 3teenage girls will travel here, so it will be a nice family time.

Mick, my heart goes out to you with the ashes... I have the paw prints of both of my dogs -on a shelf in my bedroom - and it still brings my tears...

SLO, you sound like you are building beautiful new rituals for yourself, good for you!

Lav, I am worn out just reading all that you have done!! Wow! And I am SORRY about the heat in your house.. I guess it’s up to the cats to keep you warm! The heat in my apartment went out also, so I feel your pain! It took a day to get it fixed, so I made friends with my head pad, carrying all over with me!

Hoping PPQ is okay...

Life changes, and things are different, and that takes some time to get used to... I think it’s okay to embrace any sad feelings that come up... we are human, after all...

Sending love to all -
    TG

Comment

Merry Christmas friends,

Yep, still mighty cold here but all is well.
      Just pulled out yesterday’s leftovers for dinner, tasted even better today I think. When I’m busy doing all that cooking I don’t really enjoy all the food so I look forward to the 2nd day
      Got a last minute lunch invitation for tomorrow so I’m heading out with a few old friends.

Mick, I hope today’s gathering went well.
      This was the 2nd year in a row that our gathering was messed up & some couldn’t attend because of Covid & other stuff. Maybe next time we will all get a chance to sit down together.
      Today was a relaxation day for me & I was grateful.

Cyn, glad you had.plans with the family. Tell your brother I understand the December birthday issue, haha!
      Well I know that the new heater will be installed some time this week so there’s no use in complaing I guess. Those morning showers are a bit tough though, Lol. Sorry your heat went out too, hope it wasn’t for too long.

Sam, Merry Christmas, glad to see you pop in

Slo, hope you had a lovely day, warm & safe!

PQ, we are all wondering where you are :hug:

Pauly, Det & anyone else looking in, hello!

Have a nice night all1
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all..how are we doing then?hope all is well.Pouring down with rain here today.Boxing Day today ,for me Chrimbo is done ..jersey off ,job done .Went down to the other Julies yesterday,a good time .

hiya Lav,gathering went well,we were only there a few hours ,that was enough for Julies dad,but it was nice .Glad you are getting the heating fixed.

hiya teegee how are you today then?hope you had a lovely day yesterday, it sounds like you did.Yep life is changing all the time.We make it the best we can ...no rehearsals in this game .

hiya ppqp,sam,pie ,pauly

here we go the start of my sort of Hogwarts ...

20221225_144355.jpg
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

morning all
          we're playing at a cafe today for Boxing Day. It's been a good summer and fall playing at this cafe, every Sunday, till we all got Covid, still sort of recovering.
          Dang, it's been a bit chilly. I don't know how the cows and chickens stand it.
          Mick, platform 9 3/4??

be well folks
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

We survived Christmas!

I had a very nice Christmas gathering with my family at my brother and sister-in-law’s house. Hadn’t seen many of them in awhile so it was good to reconnect. All my daughters, sons-in-law, and baby grandchildren came. I drove up & back with my sister & mother. Lots of hours on the road, but all went well.
            I didn’t drink, but I wanted to. I wanted to pour a wine or drink beers to take the edge off and become convivial. I drank a lot of near beers, and ate several cookies, and ate too much in general. Ah well. At least I didn’t drink!

On Christmas Eve I went to my old house when ex-HB was off to church, and spent an hour or two there with the babies, sons-in-law, and a couple daughters. Opened some presents, and watched Mabel open her baby doll present from me. So my Christmas Eve was nice too.

I’m glad all your Christmas celebrations went pretty well!

Hogwarts is looking very impressive, Mick! You’re painting it as you go along!

Hello to Sam! I mean really, how do the animals stand these kinds of temperatures outside? Thankfully we start warming up here later today.

Happy Boxing Day to some, and back to regular programming for the rest of us!
            Last edited by Slo; December 26, 2022, 09:31 AM.
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Mae all -
              Well, I insist on counting all 12 days of “Christmas”... all that energy and work and frazzle, then over so fast! I like to savor it, so I have lit candles this evening and am listening to my Scottish Xmas album... lots of piping and beautiful quiet fiddle, etc.

Sam, sorry I missed your post last week... good to know you are still making music! Great!

SLO, it sounds like you had a lovely holiday in the end... so happy for you, and happy too for your decision not to drink... nothing like waking up “unhung” for a great boost!

Lav, glad you lunch with friends worked out! so sorry you are still dealing with the heating issues, brrrr. Mine is fixed and all is well.

Mick, awesome job on the Hogwarts! You really have a skill in making these “landscapes” so real! Amazing. Sending good energy to both bunnies... all will be well...

Greetings to those stopping by... wishing all well!!
              TG

Comment

Greetings friends,

Still cold but sunny here. Just heard it’s going up to 60 by Sunday. At least we’ll have the new heater by then, haha!
                Met 2 old work friends today for lunch, nice catching up.

Mick, glad you enjoyed your Christmas. Sorry about the rain but it’s better than snow I guess!
                Your Hogwarts is coming along nicely, good for you.

Sam, sounds like you have a regular weekly gig at the cafe, nice. So who brought the Covid? Bummer.
                My chickens don’t seem to notice this extreme cold, still laying about 50%. They’ve been enjoying some warmed up leftovers from time to time

Slo, happy that you had a full & enjoyable Christmas with your family.
                We haven’t had any AL or even beer around for quite a long time. Family seems to be losing interest in drinking & that’s OK with me. Having a thought about drinking is OK provided we remember we don’t drink & just let that thought pass.

Cyn, hope you had a good day.

PQ, we miss you wherever you are.

Hello to Pauly & Det.

Have a nice night all.
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

morning all
                  feels warmer out and that's a good thang. starting a job for the national park so we'll definitely be in the mountains.
                  Lav, my help brought covid into my house, he'd taken his son back to Colorado the week before and got it in his travels. He was complaining about not feeling well when he came back to work. I made him take a test and he of course was positive. Not sure why in this era of covid, you would go to someone house sick, but such as it is. My wife got it as well. She has had no shots for it. I had but not the latest booster. Speaking of which, I saw a headline that measles and chicken pox are on the rise in the US due to the anti vax sentiment. So many conspiracy theories, so little tin foil.

hopefully all here are staying healthy!

off to do the do
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

hiya all..how are we doing?hope all is well. Pouring down with rain here today ,but nothing compared to the weather they are having in New York.that is some weather they are having .thats it ,Chrimbo done and dusted .

hiya Sam ,how are you doing my friend?how did the gig go ? .Some people havent go the sense they were born with...as you say why would you,hope you and the family get better quick.

Hiya Lav ,how are you doing?did you get the warmer weather?you must have ours too!!Strangely enough a lot of folk and family I know either now dont drink or very little.its over 4 years since Julie quit .hope the heating gets fixed soon.

hiya teegee....how are you today?hope all is good ..whats the music you are listening too and by who?pipes and the fiddle? sounds like a real ceilidh!!!thanks for the bunny wishes ,they are still facing each other.you take care.

hiya Slo,,,glad you enjoyed yourself with the family.You never drank ...thats what counts...yep doing hogwarts a little at a time.

ppqp...where are you ?

Comment

Well ~ still no heat BUT it is starting to warm up a little outside. Heading up to the 40’s the next few days then the 50’s over the weekend along with rain. Better than snow!

Sam, it’s a shame people are still so ignorant about vaccines. In all my years I have never seen one case of a death or massive issue caused by a vaccine - any vaccine. But I have seen people die from a simple case of the flu - sad.
                      I hope you’re all feeling 100% soon

Mick, I’ll take your rain, at least that means it would be warmer outside. I’m hoping for a heater delivery in the next day or two. Keeping fingers crossed anyway.

Hello to Cyn, Slo, Pauly & Det. Hope all of you are well.

I did just read a message from PQ. Will not go into details but she has had some serious difficulties that she’s working through. Let’s all send her our thoughts & good energy right now, she could use them. We have a lot of collective strength right here on this thread, lots of love to share too :hug:

Have a nice night all!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hiya all -

Not much to report today... working away on helps/ideas/diets for one of my clients that has RA and Parkinson's. She's in CA with her husband right now - seems like they will stay there, so I am helping them wrap their heads around changing their residency, line up help for her in their rental house, find the right foods to eat, get their important documents together, etc. etc. etc. They are hiring me to go in February to their house in the east, get all the documents that there, send them to them and try to get their house ready to sell (!). We'll see how all that works... In the meantime, I am relishing the quiet and peaceful time I have here in my little apartment... heaven!

Sam, so sorry Covid visited your house again - I hope your wife's recovery is swift. Good thing you had the helper test... what is it with these folks? It's okay to endanger other people? I don't get it... I hope your gig continues, it surely sounds fun.

Mick, glad to hear that the peskies are still nose-to nose... all will be well, I'm sure. Have fun with the Hogwoart's endeavor - it sounds perfect for winter!

Lav, glad the chickens are still laying - that's pretty amazing, with all the changes in temps! I hope that your heater arrives soon - doesn't matter if it is a warmer day... I'm sure the temps will drop again soon. Rest! You have had such a busy month.

Slo, hoping all is well with you tonight (Hello PPQ???)

Cheers to all who drop by,
                        TG

Comment

Good evening,

Today was Huxley day. He was tired and I was tired, and we took a long nap together. Daughter looks so tired and drained…up so much at night with the baby, then up out to work early and putting in long days. I recently read a book called “The Nordic Theory of Everything” that my sister recommended, and I wish our country was operated like the Nordic countries. Then she would be home on leave for a year, focusing just on getting her infant through his first year.

I went to a bridal shower tonight for my niece on ex-HB’s side. They had so much good food, and I enjoyed spending time with my three ex sis-in-laws. I’m getting a little too craving for my near-beers, but they did get me through while the others drank.

It really is warming up out there! Too bad your heater was out during the super cold days, Lav -but isn’t that always the way. It makes me really appreciate my central heating!

Yes, what is the name of your Scottish Christmas album, TG? It sounds lovely. I like instrumental Christmas music. It sounds like you’re going to get very busy soon with that giant, multi-layered project for your clients.

Thankful to hear that PQ is alive, although perhaps not well. Sad that she’s going through the wringer.

Good thing you have pet insurance, Mick. My cat gets awfully expensive without it.
                          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

good morning all,
                            Lav, what in the world, hw long you been without heat?? using space heaters??

curious, anyone here ever use a space blanket, are they effective against the cold?

TG, thanks, I'm pretty much over it, there are lingering aspects, shortness of breath being the most noticeable. When I try to sing ("try" being the key word here) I have to time breathing differently. Strange, just means I break the glass at a different time.

Slo, I see you hail from the mid west, you affected by the last storm?

I hope PQ is doing better or whatever situation she finds herself improves.

off to the mines friends, be well and stay warm
                            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

hiya all ,,,how are we today then? hope all is well.Strangely enough its pouring with rain here today,which in a sad sort of way makes it easier that we didn't go away.It is pretty wet .both rabbits ar ok ,though still not bonding ..mind you the weather isnt the best for bonding them outside .We are having a bit of a get together on Saturday.Amy is coming up ,and Emily ,her cousin is home from South Korea ,where she is a teacher,Am hasnt seen her in 3 years.

Hiya Sam,how are you doing?hope all is well with you .apart from the shortness of breath ..Yes the space blankets do work..to wrap round you keeping warm.you also get a space sack,which is like a sleeping bag..they are really good .take care friend .

hiya Slo,how are you doing ? hope all is good with you..have you recovered from your Huxley day? Glad you get on with your ex sils ...hope you have a good day.

hiya teegee...how are you today?do you ever stop working?haha.yes the Harry Potter project is going to take me a long time .The castle ,hogsmeade station ,the village etc..you take care and take it easy..

hiya Lav ,lots of spare rain here today ,any word on the heater?fingers crossed for you ...

hiya ppqp...how are things with you ?you know where I am,hope you are feeling better ..

right all ...time to go ...

Comment

Working...
                              X