2023!!! Jan Army thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2023!!! Jan Army thread

Well HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL AND SUNDRY!! hope its a great one indeed...going to work on gratefulness as in Benjys last post...maybe we post one thing a day to be grateful for?!
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Re: 2023!!! Jan Army thread

Happy new year my friends!

Make it a bewdy. x

Hi Mollstar. Today i'm grateful for my optimism, which remains undiminished with yet even more optimism in the air betwixt me lugs.
    Last edited by Guitarista; December 31, 2022, 08:37 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good morning everyone

Thanks for stopping by Mr G. Happy New Year to one and all.

I am grateful for my health. Woke up this morning to the news that cousins daughter had died. Early 40’s and think alcohol played a role in it.

Awake very early but now it is bright I will take doggies out for their walk. Have a lovely day everyone.

Comment

Thanks for the kick of, our Molls.

Wishing to all health, wealth and happiness. :heartbeat:
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
          Good morning everyone

Thanks for stopping by Mr G. Happy New Year to one and all.

I am grateful for my health. Woke up this morning to the news that cousins daughter had died. Early 40’s and think alcohol played a role in it.

Awake very early but now it is bright I will take doggies out for their walk. Have a lovely day everyone.
          Sorry to hear that Rusters...a lot of people seem to die round this time of year...many years ago our 16 year old nephew hanged himself NYE...wasn't found until the next day..and alcohol on all sides contributed to that...so awful and by god....I'm grateful for so many things I have to think and choose...but over EVERYTHING...I am eternally grateful that alcohol is out of my life completely...not just white knuckling but utterly and completely irrelevant to me...that is a gift beyond price.
          HNY to you too MrG....would love you posting over here more often so we know how things are going for you? !
          I'm a lazy mare re. reading around the boards!
          Enjoy your walk Rusters. We had a marathon hike yesterday so today...right now...IM STILL IN THE BED!!

Comment

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]..........so very sorry for your loss.:hug:
            Got me thinking they put a warning on cigarettes they should start putting them on booze.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi army folk. That’s awful Rustop.
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Evening all.
                Very tired....
                Off to the land of nod zzzzzzzzz

Comment

Happy new year guys.
                  Mostly grateful for having found you all here and the support you give. For most of us, it's life changing.
                  So sorry to hear about your cousins daughter [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION].
                  And your right about the drugs replacing booze.. those poor dogs

Well we had the usual drama last night. One of my daughters friends got so drunk, she vomited all over another friends bedroom (party in the house). What was most worrying though was that none of them were drinking. This little one had something in her bag and was drinking on her own in the bathroom. They are all so annoyed.

Nice easy day. A good start to the new year.
                  Any sign of [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]?
                  AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                    What was most worrying though was that none of them were drinking. This little one had something in her bag and was drinking on her own in the bathroom. They are all so annoyed.
                    [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]
                    God love her - she's obviously the one who will need to be vigilant. Self medicating her social anxiety as most of us did
                    Was she really the only one drinking ? Was it a case of " wasn't me" Ma

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                      Morning

Lord knows with them. Take everything you are told with a pinch of salt. At least you have a clear head dealing with it Mary.

Just did airport run with daughter so holiday is officially over. Airport was much quieter than I was expecting. Are the Germans still with you Satz? Actually looking forward to going back to normal. Work in the morning.

Going to have a nice relaxing day today.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                        [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]
                        God love her - she's obviously the one who will need to be vigilant. Self medicating her social anxiety as most of us did
                        Haha...we had one of those occasions...5th year school tour...the 'only one drinking' was caught having a sneaky beer (6'2" 15 Yr old...how to tell!) by the teachers...the rest of the virtuous classmates only caught out when 3 of them vomited on the bus home ;-)
                        I never believed a word out of my kids mouths till they were 21!!
                        Normality is wonderful Rusters...now to get rid of all these tins of sweets and biscuits!
                        Last edited by mollyka; January 2, 2023, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Afternoon my lovelies.
                          Bit late as we've been to Hobbycraft to get me through the winter. Got a tapestry and a painting by numbers...............Mr. JC got carried away and bought one for himself .......the painting by numbers as he couldn't thread a needle to save his life.

I'll admit that I was drinking at 15...........we used to get the bus into town on a children's ticket then put our make-up on when we got to town. There was just one pub that didn't give a flaming feck who they served.

Ma-in-Law has been moved to another posher nursing home which she finds much better than the last one. She may be 97 but she's a cracking snob.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Drama in this house tonight...poor old Maxi..something has gone through one of his paws front to back...waiting for vet to come and sedate him to get him in the car...heartbreaking to see him....jesus!

Comment

Read that back ...sounds like we are putting him down....its just to get him to surgery to get whatever in the paw out!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X