X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - December 2014

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

White rabbits!!(stolen from the daily thread)it's supposed to bring us luckthanks for kicken'us off Miss Nora,how was your 39th b-day?did you have a cake?i was also gonna ask how your mom is doing,i hope o.k,when do you go visit again?good to see you Mama,i was worried,went to go check fb and you weren't there either,it's good to just chill and diconnect sometimes,i get it,sadly checking fb i found out my uncle diedhe had been sick for awhile with emphsyma(spelled horrible!!!!!)goddamn cigarettes,he was a heavy smoker,my cuz and i used to get our supply out of his carton of Vicory's,i hope she is handling it o.k,hi MeggieSun,you take that a.b,we've got a fresh new month,let's start it off good o.k?listen to me all preachy haha,hey Dots,hope your day goes well,i for one have my usual afflicition called Mondayitis,but shall get throughback later
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

"usual affliction called Monday".....tee hee!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Morning all,
        Raining and cold...bleh....
        Off to the gym...I need to change up the gym routine for next year...may go back to old trainer and the group training...I am bored....
        Lots to do around here and a busy week ahead....
        Happy December!!!!
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hi Everyone!
          I had to finish reading the November thread to see what I missed. Pauly's right, I do "hybernate" on weekends or non-work days, guess cuz I hate typing on my iPad! I need to get a little keyboard for it.
          Kradle - I hate that you felt like we didn't miss you...of course we did!! You are an important part of this group and we care about you...same goes for you Sun!
          I have to agree with Mama about mentioning whether we drank or not...on one hand we want to focus on "why" we are even on this forum, but then it seems that if we are honest, it drives people away because they don't want to hear about drinking. So, what to do? On that note, I will say I had a hard weekend, missing Sierra like CRAZY, but I won't go into many details.
          I just want you all to know that I'm thankful for all of you and I hope we can continue to be honest with each other here.
          Back later :heartbeat::heartbeat:
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

p.s. I have bubble gut today...cant think of anything I ate that would have brought it on. Just thought you'd all like to know. LOL

Comment

Hello all - Checking in from work so this is going to be quick.

There are no rules here. Nothing that we can or can't talk about (except politics LOL).

Kradle - you are much loved. Everyone here is loved.

I have been doing awful on the alcohol front. So, I don't bring it up much. But, I am ready to say that I need help. So, I would like to come here & say that. I MUST STOP DRINKING! I just didn't want to sound like a broken record. So, I just internalize. I know that a lot of my issues are they I feel like I have to take care of everyone. That I am responsible. Time to let go.

Sorry - but I've got to run. Have a fantastic day everyone!!!!!!

PS - I had chocolate cake, Pauly.
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Bubble gut - feel better.
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

drinking too much gives me bubble guts...just sayin....
                  Nora...I gave up on a lot of stuff a long time ago...if they take my house, so be it. I honestly believe that my higher power ( for me it's God) will take care of me and my family and everything will work out as it should....I though Scott was going to stop too??
                  Bret went to the bar Saturday afternoon for four hours to watch the Seminole game....and drank the entire time, and came home and took me to dinner and I had some wine. We have developed some odd rules, but they seem to work....most of the time.
                  I love you all......K9....I had a feeling you weren't home reading...xoxo

Comment

I didn't even to think of looking for a December thread ..... sorry about your tummy K9. Feel better ....

Happy Belated Birthday Nora - sorry to hear that you have been doing badly on the drinks front - I have finally been doing quite well for a change ! I have been taking my 1/8 tab of AB every morning before my resolve weakens ! You could always post here that you have taken your AB .....I think we have talked before about texting each other to take it ... would you like to do that?

Dottie - you were lucky to just have cold - we had freezing rain and the roads were really slick going into work. It seems to have passed over now though - probably on its way to you .... LOL. It is very cold though still ... so different to yesterday's 60 something !! I think we are going to be lucky for it to get above freezing today!

If people are going to be driven away for me to talk about drinking - on a drinking web site ..... then they are maybe in the wrong place ! We are here to support each other and to help each other with the drinking ..... aren't we ? I do not have FB but if I JUST wanted a social thing then I would have FB - I come here because I feel I CAN talk about the Al .....

Pauly - sorry to hear about your uncle - very sad .... hope that your cousin is doing okay - no matter how expected it is for ones dad to die, when it happens it is still the pits ...

Just got home from work and am about to go on the treadmill .....

Hope everyone is having a good day ....
                    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

sun the rain turned to sleet when we left the gym...glad we don't have to go anywhere today...laundry is calling my name...
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Sun - you are right....we can and should talk about drinking when we need to....sorry about your loss Pauly
                        SOrry, but it's 75 here.....

Comment

Feeling sad.

Comment

What's wrong K9?missing Sierra?
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Whats up K9....talk to us.
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                              X