~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Hope those under the snowy weather can venture out safely today. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

All went well yesterday with Mr. D's tests. However, not all results are in as some biopsies take time. So we shall see. The problem with good test results is that it doesn't help solve the problem of what is causing his symptoms. Perhaps more tests will be needed. But at least that test is done and dusted and he is happy about that!

Rava, I hope you are still enjoying your gym time. We missed going Monday but plan on going today and are still enjoying it. We'll likely keep our membership active until the nicer weather returns and we can get out in the garden and take walks in the woods. Speaking of gardening, do you do any now that you are in Florida? Window boxes or patio plantings?

24 more for all of us, please and thank you.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Rather than waste expensive gas to drive out and find the roads impassable, I texted the farm boss yesterday morning to check on the roads. He said they were in very bad condition and was probably best for me not to try getting out there. So it was another day off for me lol.

Glad to hear you'll be getting into your apartment [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], at least you'll feel somewhat settled.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Crossposted [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], great to hear about Mr D's results! Hopefully they'll all come back with positive results!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

So the bad weather we were supposed to get Monday and didn’t, is to arrive today. Want to guess when we re-scheduled our appointments for?

Big Al, I hope you get settled into your apartment this weekend. Its a change for sure but look at how far you’ve come since you joined us in the Cafe! Your quit, and other important things in life, are worth fighting for!

I thought we were done being subjected to the ridiculous antics of the so called freedom protesters. They started off protesting against Covid restrictions and now that they are virtually gone, they’ve found something else to bitch about. Their complaints pale in comparison to what the brave people of Ukraine are enduring.
              The other morning I saw a pickup truck with a huge Canadian flag that had been bastardized to express the views of the idiot owner. I believe it’s against the law to deface our flag. I know many brave people who have fought under our flag so that this moron and others could have the freedom to protest. Makes me sick.

Time to get off my soapbox! Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and the fuel poor. I fill my tank yesterday @ $6.78/gallon. AWFUL $198.47 for 3/4 of a tank. I think I’ll walk and ride my bike more. So, with outrageous prices, but a kind heart, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Good news re: Mr D

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

I'm in for 24 more!

Comment

No internet today. Hate posting on my phone so I'll just ask for another 24 hours.

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends, and thank you for the support as I move into my own place. Still a very surreal situation. But, all things considered, my life is going as well as I let it. Continued sobriety certainly helps. Getting out from behind my ego certainly helps. A willingness to just deal with things and not spin off into the ether is certainly helpful as well. Busy busy day today. I woke up at 4:00 and jumped right online. I will admit that I stopped by my house that I own and took a little nap this afternoon. A rare occurrence for me, but well worth it.

I will humbly ask for another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill so glad Mr. D’s test results came back with good results. Hopefully the rest of the testing will be good as well. Yes I do have flower pots all over my front and back porch. The back porch gets no sun so I have different plants there and the front is very sunny and sometimes the sun is so bright that the plants burn up. Its a work in progress for sure! Techie, I cant believe gas is that expensive. OMG I am so glad that I no longer have 2 hours of commute time to and from work. It would break the bank. Wishing everyone a sober day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I did head out to the farm yesterday, and I did get stuck lol. The paved roads weren't too bad but on the gravel roads in many places there was only a single lane plowed through the snowdrifts. Of course I got through all of that okay only to get stuck in the last 6 feet of our lane! I knew the farm boss would be out and about plowing snow to the hay and straw bales so a quick text and he came over after he was done chores to pull me out and then he plowed the lane for me! It's so good to have helpful neighbors!

Funny how Covid is hardly mentioned anymore with the war going on now. I guess the only news they want to report on is the doom and gloom type. I don't care for watching the news, but I do want to keep up on things happening in the Ukraine.

Comment

I'm in for another 24 hours. Still no internet.

Comment

Happy AF Thursday!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X