X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24 more please
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

"I would rather be completely exhausted from the hard times which breed success than be well rested from achieving nothing."

6:55am in Alberta, another 24 please..

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:

pauly
      dill
      Orimus
      mario
      abcowboy

Running late this morning, spent the last 45 minutes trying to get my tablet to start up, no luck...so had to use my iPad. Does anyone know of a full qwerty touchscreen keyboard for iPads?
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Two in the afternoon and a sunny 33 F here in Jersey. The smell of fresh coffee in the air .... Another 24 please.
        “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
        Newbies Nest Roll Call
        Toolbox
        Cattleman Cafe

Comment

24 more, please and thank you

Rusty, what's not to like about the walking dead?! LOL! But seriously, I mean, aside from a little bit of blood and gore and an absolutely far-fetched premise, it's a truly absorbing show about survival, values, and what makes one human. It's about the ever enduring battle between good and evil, right and wrong. I love it!:happy2: But, I bet you are not much of a TV watcher. Are you? You just seem like a busy, active lady who wouldn't spend much time sitting in front of the TV.

ABC, I read some news and opinion pieces about Alberta current events but quickly realized I knew too little background to make intelligent comment. I did learn a lot about the oil sands tho. I'll keep studying!
          Last edited by dill; February 4, 2017, 02:55 PM.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:56 AM in Wisconsin. 24 hours more AF, please!:happy2:

Dill-now I HAVE to watch TWD. If you enjoy it, I will probably enjoy it. I will have to research the story line and really take time to understand it. I only see clips of it on TV and I see a lot of gore. It turned me off. But I will turn it ON this time. LOL. I know you are extremely busy these days but if you have the chance, why don't you join us on the Steppers Thread? All the people there are very kind and very classy. You will fit right in.:love:

Comment

Cowboy: I LOVE this quote...a fantastic way of life and inspiration for all:
              I would rather be completely exhausted from the hard times which breed success than be well rested from achieving nothing."
              Dill and Pauly-The Walking Dead is on as I sit here, typing. OK, you're on. Wow, It's a TWD marathon...it's on ALL day here on AMC. This episode I am watching is from 2010. Ok, one of the actors is really cute. I think I shall refill my cup of coffee and stay awhile. Tee hee.

Comment

Cowboy-do you know who wrote that fabulous quote that you posted?

Comment

"Give yourself permission to walk away from anything that gives you negative energy. There is no need to explain or make sense of it. Trust yourself."

6:25am in Alberta, I've got today covered Lord, maybe pass on my 24 to someone who needs them more than me please, and thanks...

pauly
                  Orimus
                  dill
                  Rusty
                  abcowboy

Sober Sunday mornings, life doesn't get much better...
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I just went back and looked Rusty, no author was given... my first stop in the morning, after taking Hank out for his morning business and getting my coffee lol, is thedailyquotes.com. I read a few inspirational quotes and pick one for the day. Then it's off to Soberrecovery, then Ryver, then here. I'm way too predictable lol.

The tarsands are a controversial issue dill, what most people don't realize is that they are developed in the middle of nowhere for the most part, so it takes pipelines to move the refined product.
                    Last edited by abcowboy; February 5, 2017, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Time for breakfast, my usual please... fresh ground black coffee, and a group of friends chatting around the table. Feeling pretty good right now.

I don't watch a lot of TV, but there are a few shows that I do like besides a good movie. I used to always watch Mantracker, like watching Gold Rush, Alaskan Bush People, Alaska, the Last Frontier, Mayday, and hockey and curling of course!

Comment

Rusty,a lot of the male actors are hot....that's why I'm so into it haha another 24 please...Dill,steppers might be a nice fit for you,we'd love to have you there,plus its just a neutral thread,just life
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

24 more, please:happy2:

ABC, Mr. Dill is a fan of the Alaska, Final Frontier show. I watch with him sometimes but don't get the same thrill he does! LOL! But I do love the scenery! The tar sands sounds like a no brainer to me. It's remote and will provide jobs and energy independence. Moving the oil by pipeline would be a very safe mode of delivery, environmentally. I've decided to lend my support to those who want to see it developed.

Rusty, now you're talking!!! But, I gotta tell you, even I can't watch non-stop Walking Dead. Also, it is always hard to jump into a series so late in the game. This is the 7th year. So I will understand if you can't really get into it after all is said and done. But I sure do appreciate you looking into it and having an open mind. I can't even imagine where they can go with it after this season. But I've been told that there is a new adventure on the horizon.
                          On another matter, remember our old friend Syd? Did you know he's back on Imus? And also has a show after Imus with Bernie? You know the guy is an idiot, but
                          I admire the heck out of him for making the comeback that he has from his addiction. I also admire his wife for sticking with him. And good for Imus, helping him get another chance....I think this is his 3rd comeback. Does that ring true to you?

Pauly (and Rusty), I will probably join the steppers when I start having more time. I think if any of you knew what chaos I am dealing with here lately, you would understand why I have been very quiet here, and why I don't need to be on a thread that increases my stress levels.
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Just striking noon here in Jersey, cloudy and 34 F. Another 24 please.
                            “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                            Newbies Nest Roll Call
                            Toolbox
                            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Just about 11:30 on a beautiful Sunday morning in Sask, 24 more please

Comment

"Yesterday’s over with. There’s nothing we can do to fix yesterday now. We can fix tomorrow by doing things right today."

6:20am im Alberta, 24 more please and thanks...

pauly
                                dill
                                Orimus
                                lloydlady
                                Rusty
                                abcowboy

I owe, I owe, so it's off to work I go...

Comment

Working...
                                X