Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: September Army!!!

Evening all

Oh Molls you lucky duck! Jealous.com -enjoy your break!

D'Arsey - munchies are dangerous in my experience- once you start ya can't stop or maybe that's just me. Did yer bro and SIL fill you in on their plans?!

Starty glad to hear you've had another good day, you sound close to your bro- hope his troubles ease soon x

Hi to everyone else- hope ye all are having a nice weekend

Mary hope all good with you?

First night back in my own house, with all its associated comforts and happy to report that brother is with Daddy tonight who is much more clear-headed making a liar outa me!! will head back down home after work tomorrow. Funny, this is my own house but down there will always be home.

Night all

Comment

X post Mary! There you are

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
        In playa blanca Lanzarote - FAB hotel it's like 3 rooms balconies all over proper coffee maker dressing gown Jacuzzi in room - jaysus!!!
        VERY posh Molls!!
        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by sweetpea29 View Post
          X post Mary! There you are
          Ah just missed you SP.. good to hear your brother is there too. Does he know youve been a bit stressed??
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Get the bro on board little Pea - it'll seem so much better xxx

Delayed an hour on flight in Dublin airport - 30 year old drunk English man - thought he was in Birmingham???? he cried and cried oh Jesus
            it was terrible sad - he didn't know his own name - wet himself - really just awful - had to be literally carried off the plane

Goodnight all - each and every one of us can say 'yet' to that xxxx
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Tiptoes in very late. Splendid party. I was going to come home early but once the craic got flowing end up staying 'til midnight and had a lovely late night chat with Jenny & BF.
              But its silent now and I'm having my bit of quiet after the Shouty Out thread is done.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                Tiptoes in very late. Splendid party. I was going to come home early but once the craic got flowing end up staying 'til midnight and had a lovely late night chat with Jenny & BF.
                But its silent now and I'm having my bit of quiet after the Shouty Out thread is done.
                Dirty stop out :haha: Queen of the night...

Comment

Rant alert.
                  [MENTION=18312]sweetpea29[/MENTION] - re the brother and SIL plans, so here goes:

Face-timed them yesterday - lovely to see my niece with her long growing blonde locks, taller than ever and as verbally demanding as ever too! So, background: My SIL had a miscarriage earlier in the year. They had told us all very early on in the pregnancy that SIL was pregnant. Mum (in happy excitement at being a grandparent again) told wider family and friends.... Fast forward to August: My maw and paw were down in Brighton seeing them 3 weeks ago after they said it was not possible to visit during the summer. Perhaps I ought to have made more effort over the summer to go down, but tbh, was not in the headspace for it - though is this just a selfish excuse? The last time they were up at my folks was, I think, Xmas last year - so it has been AGES since they were in Scotland. My maw is desperate for them to come up and for Maisie to spend time with them - and me - in Scotland. SO... At the start of August I said I was thinking of coming down in Oct - but then my SIL (and mum) said they were possibly thinking of coming up in Oct. So i press pause in booking anything. Texts follow from me to ascertain whether I need to book or Oct or of they're coming up - aware that if I;m going down I need to inform the company I direct as it would mean i'm not available for a couple of rehearsals.

While down 3 weeks ago, my maw apparently said 'no' to them coming up in December - so cld see wider family pre-xmas (they'll be in Brighton for Xmas, my folks said they'd be in Perth) (fuck knows where i'll be :haha - maw's reason being that on previous occasions there has been travel issues coming up (train cancellations and the like) and apparently maw feeling that coming up in Oct there'd be less likely to be a travel issue. (I thought that the pressure might be that I'd not seen Maisie in donkeys, so to come up and see her Uncle... but maybe not). ANYWAY (sorry this is affa long)...

SIL discloses to me that she is pregnant again. They found out 2 days before maw and paw came to visit last month. Did not want to tell them - esp' my bro who was angry with my maw for telling quite a few peeps re the pregnancy earlier in the year. So conversations about them coming up were a little antagonistic as SIL and bro want to wait until 12 week scan - in Oct - before making public the pregnancy (assuming all is well)... and they don't yet know when in Oct the 12 scan will be (likely know this coming week i think). SO... I thought easiest thing would be for me to come down for a few days in Oct, them not to worry about the 12-scan fitting into traveling, and then coming up to stay at my folks for a few days in early Dec. (Xmas is very difficult for SIL as she is a GP and works over Xmas - i.e. she's working Xmas eve, then back on the 27th so not like they can go anywhere).

I text maw last night, received a reply saying she was "very disappointed" that they're not coming up in Oct and i'm like. FFS :rant: I can't seem to do anything right - and then feel bad for my folks for denying them being able to see their granddaughter sooner....

Once again - a fucking long rant but just needed to get it out of me... and it's prolly all inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

Normal services resumed.

Comment

Willies :hahaha:

Comment

Poor Arsey - I'm not (I promise) turning this into 'all about me' - but VERY early on and long before the family mayhem started I learnt that in the family pecking order MY time was extremely unimportant - these frightfully important medicy people seemed to think I could dance to their very essential plans - so for my mum's sake - I did - but Christ my resentments grew - don't let that happen Arsey - a little gentle bit of plain speak re the equal importance of your time and commitments and simply really that you all want to see Maisie ?

Mayhem had grown in my head LONG before it manifested itself - not good xx

Comment

Good morning all. Jesus families, who would have them. You take care of you RC. Enjoy the holiday Molly. Glad you enjoyed your night out JC and hope you enjoyed your run Mary. Had about eight and a half hours sleep so running a bit late, better get a move on.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                          Get the bro on board little Pea - it'll seem so much better xxx

Delayed an hour on flight in Dublin airport - 30 year old drunk English man - thought he was in Birmingham???? he cried and cried oh Jesus
                          it was terrible sad - he didn't know his own name - wet himself - really just awful - had to be literally carried off the plane

Goodnight all - each and every one of us can say 'yet' to that xxxx
                          Jesus Christ, Molls. Bloody alcohol. There's not an ounce of dignity in it.

Evening everyone, or morning as it is. Sorry to hear about your brother Starty. My own has turned up in a world of pain a couple of days ago. His little girl came to visit today and he had to tell my Father - on Father's Day - that he's separated from his wife. Tears all round. Happy Father's Day all!! They had been gone not ten minutes and my nephew asks my brother if he can come and stay with him as his own fiancee just kicked him out. My brother then breaks the news to his son and it looks like I might have them both with me as well as my boy in the same situation.........Me and three down and out men. I think I'll move out and leave them to it!! They all came with dogs as well???
                          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Sorry Arsey and Molls. I didn't even read that far before blurting.

What the actual fuck is going on with the families in these barracks?
                            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Oh bridgey WTF is right!!? Do you need to take them all in? Yer own lad I understand but......?

Joe's sister rang him last week to tell him her house was burnt down - to my SHAME my first thought was ' oh please don't want to come to mine' (thankfully she didn't but guessing there's another ' yet' in there!!!)

Comment

Just a wee wave good morning, still got visitors.
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X