Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

International Army - 2020 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army - 2020 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Evening everyone. Glad you are enjoying Chester Molly. [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION], love that actress and have seen Unforgotten. She is also in Last tango in Halifax, more feel good rather than detective but enjoyed it.

Comment

Hey ho everyone.
      Good to see a busy little thread.
      Today we're off to see Little Women at the cinema.
      Sounds like an amazing trip Missy. Again, kudos for missing Christmas.
      I can't believe I've only got three days left of holidays. That time has flown, although I knew it would.
      Thanks for the refreshments, JC!
      Well done on the 18 days [MENTION=15947]Nursie[/MENTION] I found that the three week mark was a bit of a turning point in terms of how well I felt and the disturbed sleep. However the real game changer has been my Vitamin B12 supplements kicking in. It took a couple of months though if taking orally.
      I've never much been into Youtube but have discovered it again this holidays. WHat a cracking time waster!
      I love my calendars and planning type things too [MENTION=22365]rus[/MENTION]top Not sure how much more productive it makes me but there you go.
      I can hear the helicopters out there so better see what that's all about.
      Later skaters.
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hola friends,

Happy new year! I hope you'll be ok there Bridgey. The weather is gonna be hotter still in Victoria next few days. Bjesus.

Good to see you Missy. I'm in contact with Rags. She and family are ok at present. She's still volunteering with the rural fire service. Champion chica.

Gr8 job on 18 days Nursie! Keep it going.

This site has over 10 years of resources, strategies, inspiration and threads. This is a very useful place for anyone wanting to change their life.

Big waves to all. x

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION], have you a plan if you do have to head off quickly? How close are your folks from danger? Mr G and Missy too

Last sibling headed home today, so all is quiet again, ish. Back to work tomorrow, but Mr M still off so I'll sneak off early.

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
          Hi, Army. Here's my latest British TV binge: Unforgotten. Have any of you seen it? It is really interesting and compelling. I love the main actress - Nicola ???. I am avoiding US politics by binge-watching shows with several seasons available!
          Loved it! Anything with Nicola Walker is usually brilliant. I first saw her in 'Spooks'... 'River' is on Netflix too, shes great in that.
          [MENTION=15947]Nursie[/MENTION], well done! Your in good company here and the rest of the world is usually getting in on the act about now, your leading the way already. How are you doing?
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
            I can hear the helicopters out there so better see what that's all about.
            Later skaters.
            1) what were the helicopters doing
            2) was Little Women good?
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
              1) what were the helicopters doing
              2) was Little Women good?
              Looking for spot fires.
              Yes but time settings were all over the place. Beautiful part of the world that it was shot in!! Stunning!
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

It's not near me yet Mary. They give us fair warning if it's heading our way and we can watch online. We're all supposed to have a fire plan. So bloody devastated for those who've lost people and homes, pets, livelihoods.

We're getting the heat here too Mr G. Not as bad as Melbs though I don't think. Stay cool and sun safe!

I'm not a zoo fan either Molls. As for circuses...

I love your tele recommendations [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION] There's no way I'm watching some of the rubbish on Netflix without a proper recomendation. You never get that time back!
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good morning ARMY!!!

Great to see [MENTION=5944]Miss Behaving[/MENTION], [MENTION=15947]Nursie[/MENTION] and [MENTION=17668]Mick[/MENTION] along with the regular posters and visitors.

Nursie -good job on the 18 going on 19 days! Stick around. We love the company!

Missie B - your trip sounds outstanding but I know what you mean about wanting to get to your own bed. I also wonder about the Undies - Rags, Happy and Tawny among the others. I am friends with Corrie on FB and she is doing fabulous. New location, new life - she's happy and content!

Mr. G - still rocking it, I see. Keep it up - things can only get better!

I recently bought a TV so have been delving into Netflix movies myself. I had seen a couple of series a few years ago and they were very well done.

Okay, Army, here's something I'd like your opinion on.....

Last evening - about 6 pm I was on my way home on one of the main highways (double lane on both sides) and as I approached the car ahead of me who was going rather slowly (we were in the left lane, not the slow lane), I noticed he was swerving left and right and not staying in his lane. Figured he was under the influence of something. Anyway, I followed him for a couple kilometres and it was obvious he was not in control of his car. I kept behind him for another kilometre or so until he stopped at a red light and then went through it. When the light changed, I managed to catch up with him. Stayed close behind him with my flashers going. I was hoping to get him to pull over but didn't manage it. He slowed down at an intersection, turned right towards a town and again went through the red light. I still had my flashers going and slowly proceeded myself so as not to lose him. After a couple of kilometres driving through the town, he pulled into a mini market and parked. He got out of the passenger side of the car and I got out of mine. I said - what's up - you don't seem to be driving very well - you were all over the road. He just looked at me so I asked him if he'd had a few drinks and he said yes. I said I've been following you for more than 6 kilometres and not only were you all over the road, but you went through two red lights as well. He denied going through the lights - said it was impossible that he had done that. Anyway, I said to him - do you want to call someone to come and get you or do I call the cops because you are not fit to drive. No, he said, I live right close by so no need to call anyone. Yes there is, I said because you shouldn't be driving so why don't you call someone to come and get you. Again he said no so I said, then I will have to call the cops.

So here is my question and I would like input from all of you, no matter what your opinion on the subject. Would you have called the cops or just driven away?

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

What WOULD I have done or what SHOULD I have done? Deffo different...I guess one should call the cops..but the (rare!!)empathetic but also cowardly part of me would have offered to drive him home in his own car in the hopes #1 he'd be mortified on reflection and #2 someone at home would see what happened and become involved....yeah cowardly I think...
                    Last edited by mollyka; January 3, 2020, 04:52 AM.
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning, very quickly before I have to go out
                      [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]......definitely report......we've reported someone like that. Wasn't a doubt in our minds. Whether police caught him we'll never know.
                      Back in the day Mr. JC might have a pint or two.....most likely under the limit but there was one day we got home and he said he could feel he'd had a drink. Since then (I'm talking about 20 plus years ago and if he's got the car its nothing but a lemonade with a dash of blackcurrant juice.
                      Another question before I run off to the pharmacy (Mr. JC's near death with a cold)............how many of us have driven hungover????
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Happy New Year from me also known as Mrs A.
                        Just off to Chester as it is only just down the road and I can buy the best cheese from the market there. Mr A still having Chemo and life has been tough for both of us during 2019.
                        I did start drinking again but am glad to say managed to kick that in the head and got back to my other addiction --running!
                        Think of all my lovely Army friends often!

Comment

Morning Army.... not trying to stir trouble but that Scott Morrison is some piece of work...those poor people... he stood and looked like he didn't know what they were talking about...Jeez he's like another Trump ...no empathy whatsoever!

Comment

Hi MrsA...great to see you..sorry MrA is still having chemo...very hard...in Chester myself at the moment ..we might bump into each other

Comment

Good morning everyone. Think I would have taken reg number and rung it in, let the police deal with it. Your trip sounds amazing Missey but like any holiday it is nice to get home to your own bed. Glad you are safe Bridget.

Just in from a lovely long walk with doggies, crisp and cold, perfect walking weather.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                                Morning Army.... not trying to stir trouble but that Scott Morrison is some piece of work...those poor people... he stood and looked like he didn't know what they were talking about...Jeez he's like another Trump ...no empathy whatsoever!
                                He's a fecking idiot, Molly. If not the worst we've ever had in a line of proper dickheads.

Stirly, on behalf of the 5 year old up the road that might have been knocked over and killed, I think I'd have to call the coppers on old mate or nick his keys. I feel conflicted even saying that after all of my past stupid, irresponsible behaviour, but the consequences for innocent people are just too serious.
                                Nice to see you [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]. Mr Brit seems to have had a very long treatment and must be exhausted. And I'm sure you are too. I hope that 2020 will be kinder to you both.
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X