No announcement yet.

This week in the Army: uniforms on, shoes shined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't watch it Satz bu8t some times programmes like that can be negative for us. I couldn't bring myself to watch the one about that was on tv3 recently about people looking for mums dads and sibling after many years. I heard it was very emotional to watch and a few I spoke to said it brought them to tears. Not up to watching that kind of stuff I need more uplifting tv. There is enough negative stuff on the news and fb.

Comment

In my in-box today
      So I'm gonna :shutup:

We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude. Don’t you think?

How often do you pause to appreciate your life? How often do you stop dead in your tracks and think, “Goodness, I have it pretty darn good”?

Because even if life seems far from perfect right now, many people in this world still wish they had what you have. Here’s why:

1. You are educated enough to read this. – If you’re reading this, you have something brilliant to be thankful for. It’s called an education. Believe it or not, there are roughly 774 million people in the world who don’t have this ability. That’s a significant percentage of the human population. Literacy is the bridge that closes the gap between discouragement and confidence, between confusion and understanding, and between sadness and hope. It’s the greatest platform of personal growth, and the means by which every human being can realize their full potential. Isn’t it crazy to think about how many people aren’t educated enough to make use of this basic human right?

2. You are reasonably healthy. – In other words, if you got sick today you could recover. Never underestimate the gift of your health. It’s the greatest wealth you will ever own. It’s the foundation for every chance at happiness and success life has to offer. Your body is the only place you will truly ever live. If you’re lucky enough to have a body that’s in good health, be wise enough to keep it that way. Doing so is easier than most of us make it. Too often we focus on the negatives. We think about how hard it will be and all the sacrifices that must be made. But one of life’s greatest joys and one the primary benefits of good health comes from focusing on the positives of a healthy lifestyle – what we gain through living and feeling well.

3. You have the freedom to choose. – If you often worry about what you’re going to do with your life – your career, your family, the next step, etc., be grateful. All details aside, this means you have ambition, passion, drive, and the freedom to make your own decisions. In the space between your yes and no, there’s liberation. It’s the difference between the path you walk and the one others want you to walk; it’s the gap between who you could become and who you want to be; it’s the legroom of free choice – a liberty that should never be taken for granted.

4. You have enough wealth to live comfortably. – You didn’t go to sleep hungry last night. You awoke this morning with a roof over your head. You had a choice of what clothes to wear. You have access to clean drinking water and electricity. You are online right now. You have plenty to be comfortable. Being wealthy is a mindset. Be sure you understand this. Want less and appreciate more.

5. You still have a chance. – Time is precious. Everything you know is ending. Not yet, but soon enough. What you must decide is what you want to do with the time you have left. If your lifespan were to expire this evening at the stroke of midnight, would you be at ease with how you have spent your time today? This is not a rhetorical question. Nothing is guaranteed. Someday, like many others are experiencing right this second, your time will expire. Don’t be afraid. Be alive in this moment and make the most of it. Right now is your chance.
      Last edited by satz123; November 25, 2014, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Se e I managed to kill the thread in it's tracks :harhar:

Comment

On my way home soon :yay:
          :llama:
          Maybe laters - when ye all wake up !!

Comment

Evening army not long home from the library and sitting down with a coffee feeling tired. Got the AA meeting before that and the bank to change a direct debit. Lovely quote Satz I think I needed to read something like that today though there was some good shares at the meeting today and the person doing the chair did a good talk.:heartbeat:

Comment

Originally posted by foxybabe View Post
              Evening army not long home from the library and sitting down with a coffee feeling tired. Got the AA meeting before that and the bank to change a direct debit. Lovely quote Satz I think I needed to read something like that today though there was some good shares at the meeting today and the person doing the chair did a good talk.:heartbeat:
              Great Foxy - that the AA meetings are positive experiences for you :hug:
              I'm sure that face to face stuff listening & talking has to be helpful.
              I felt better today with just talking to the few people in work I like and that are on the same wavelength as me.

Comment

Yo Molls:angelpals:

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
                  nothin like it --- I'm anti-social by nature -- but I do need the face to face --- unfortunately ;-)
                  Yeah. I think if I was at home all day like I was yesterday -- I would deffo go to something just to have like minded people to chat to.
                  Going to Positive Psychology workshop on Saturday - should be few like minded people there :thumbsups:
                  Otherwise I like one of those mad 'ol wans chatting away to the girls on the tills in supermarkets :hahaha:
                  M& S ladies are great for the 'ol chat !!

Comment

Yo.
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening Jackie how was work today?

Comment

One of those lovely days..............client came in and he's got his first proper home since he got out of prison over a year ago.........been living in hostels etc...............he was busting with pride.

And look at you Foxxy, made your plan for Chrimbo........:welldone:
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

If you could have bottled his smile it would be worth millions.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

It most the job worthwhile to see clients come on and get their lives back on track i'm sure he can't wait to move in to his new place.

Comment

Morning all!

No wind - for now....

Lovely to hear a good-news story JC.

Coffee? Dying for another one here - but out of milk. Can't believe it. Shops only open on 40 mins. Guess Sweetest Puppy is in luck - she gets a walk!

14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Morning Molly! I drink mine bitter, so black on top of that? No, sorry! And when the choice is black or that awful powdered whitener that's made of dehydrated leftover rice water... Just got my milk, waiting for coffee to brew, then work-work. Unless I decide to do the dishes first.

Is it really not Saturday today? I feel like doing less than nothing, and have a rest afterwards.
                                14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Working...
                                X