X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! for JANUARY 2012

come one come all OK ! Let's get our asses in Gear
    It's JANUARY 2012.....are we ready
    The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!!
    so please come here ask for help ,vent ,scream and yell here before you pick up the drink ..
    i want everyone who comes into this thread know that.. here we don't judge and i would like to say this to any lurker's out there ....come in all are welcome
    WE ARE HERE FOR THE SAME REASON .. TO LEARN HOW TO LIVE WITHOUT ""ALCOHOL""...AND THE CHANGES WE NEED IN LIFE AND THAT MEANS TO TALK ABOUT WHAT WE ARE GOING THUR ,IN LIFE AND SOMETIMES WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT THE PAST.. BUT TO LOOK AT IT AND LEARN FROM IT
    so just do your best and handle what life give you sober that's all you can do at times ..and remember we are here for one another..
    so lets do this together and Move forward living life on life's terms ...
    so lets be thankful and count our blessing ..put the past behind us and learn from our mistakes and this pray helps me.. when i feel down and things aren't going as well as i would want them to go ok just kidding here the one but i do have to say god at times
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

BOO ! I have just posted on the december thread! I suppose I shouldn't start this thread by whingeing but I am.

Anyway - HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all. You can go back and read my post on the December thread if you would like to!

New Year, new start - isn't that the way is it supposed to be? Well, thanks for starting the thread Boo - have a good evening - be safe - love and hugs to you and sue,

Love, Sun XX
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Am In!

As you all may know, its one of those rare instances where Ido love to repeat myself. i was the up to a gallon of Run a day drinker,,,,,,,,I have almosted completed a month AF nd my body feels so great being AF for this long... I am glad I found this site and have started daily writings to the great people. It has hhas helped my lord tremendousously!!
      Wishing everyone an AF New Years and beyone.

Comment

THEGUY - you are awesome - I keep saying it and I will never ever get fed up with saying it! I think you are amazing

Love and hugs to you - have a wonderful sober New years Eve

Love, Sun XX
        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Happy New Year!
          Goal 1: Today
          Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Happy New Year!!!!!

Thank you all for your unconditional love & support.

My back is OUT so heading to bed. But, wanted to wish everyone

a

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all and Happy New Year
              The kids are mad cuz I want to go to bed. I don't like staying up late and I am so sleepy. Ran a little fever all day and many trips to the bathroom....Aguy you are doing so well..........MB I dont think the cold front comes through until tomorrow night. Still the water will be chilly I think.....hi Swan and hope you get to feeling better..You too Mish..Sun, I dont really like being up past 930. I think if it werent for the kids I would hit the hay 830 or 9 ahahah...well am trying to stay up...b

Comment

Hugs Bird (((((((((()))))))))))))

Happy New Year (I don't like staying up late either :H )
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

HAPPY NEW YEAR NORA - maybe your new years resolution can be to get to work on time - ROTFLMBO !!! Have a wonderful New Years eve Nora ! Love and Hugs

Bird - I wish you all the best for 2012 too - Happy New year!!!

love Sun XX

Comment

January is the month I stop drinking.
                    Love and hugs to all Twitch xxx

Comment

Its officially 2012 here and I am sober. Going to go to bed soon and will be grateful to not have a hangover.
                      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Hello, '012, and all you Jammers. It's the eternal insomniac! TWITCH!! Wonderful to see you, dear. And DA, you are always an inspiration, love reading your posts. Guy, repeat yourself as needed, hon. It reminds not only us but you too! SunniButt, thank goodness it was you and not me at the door when those inconsiderate peeps came up. There would still be yellow crime tape around the scene, I fear, as my mood is DEFINITELY not mellow. But that is something I'm going to work on this year, another of my faults that needs addressing. Those in my little world know I usually suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, but when I become dark and cloudy, they bring out the umbrellas. I don't want to be that person anymore who holds it all in till it blows, but hope to work on dealing better and not internalizing. I've always been the caretaker, so it's not going to be an easy, just my new goal.
                        Hubs NEVER drinks too much (OK not 'NEVER') and yesterday was an exception. He gets loud and grouchy(er). Fell asleep about 7:30 on the sofa-recliner, and I spent about an hour poking him, 'accidently' running into his long feet at the end of his long legs, hanging off the footrest, till he grumbled his way off to bed. Tomorrow (today) he will be all peaches and cream, and I'll let him cook in it. Unfortunately, we're leaving for the cabin in the Sportster, which is close quarters at best. Tay and JC are going to look after Ninny, TMB, and the cats, and I made both of them pinky-swear they would personally take care of all their needs. JC is working 7 days a week now, for a farm owned by someone I know well, till his job with the country comes through in January. I have to let Sadie and Tink ride in my lap, and Sadie is 20 pounds of dancing jitters when we ride.
                        So, I'm not complaining, just reporting the news as it happens.
                        Mish,I squeezed tight, so I'm glad you felt it over the miles. Maybe her Dad's is a step up right now from her other situation, at least a more safe haven for the time being. Misery loves company, dear, and she has to come to terms with all this on her own. You, and how you've turned yourself around, dealt with your life, may be something she's not ready to face, yet. It's a Momma-Daughter thing, IMHO. My kids have told me (as well as my grown grands) though I don't preach or make demands, we talk, and they HATE admitting when I'm right. I've told them all, there are no I-told-you-so's in my heart; if they're determined to do it the hard way, it's their choice. I'll still be here, with no judgements, when they need me, and it's obvious you feel the same way about Ashe. But the waiting and watching is hard on us, isn't it? And what you're going through makes any issues I've had pale. You are amazing, and don't you forget it.
                        Time for me to try and nap again. Himself will be blundering around and messing up the kitchen in a couple of hours, rushing me into the car. Thank goodness I have everything I need at the cabin. I'll have my phone and will try to check in. Let's all remember to be good to ourselves a little more this year. Being sober is the first and most important way to start.
                        G'night, g'morning, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!
                        sigpic
                        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone. Just got back from walking Daisy - very cold and blustery out there today! Hope you are all safe and well after last night......
                          Twitch - we are all behind you in the stopping AL - my day is Wednesday! We CAN and WILL do this!
                          Ruby - I hope that you get some rest at the cabin - try and keep in touch though - how long are you going for?
                          Hi Drifty - nice to see you here! Happy New Year!

get up everyone else - I am up so you should be too - LOL

hugs, Sun X

Comment

Hi Sun I am up..took a shower and would like to go somewhere that is anywhere but here...well made it through last January af so see if I can do it again and make it last longer this time. Rubes have fun at the cabin. Hi Drifty and Twitch...later

Comment

Where IS everyone?
                              sigpic
                              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
                              X