Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know you're an alcoholic when...

Oh, and my personal favourite:
    when you wake up feeling ashamed that you caved and feel like you belong in the gutter... then realise you're cold and wet and that you actually ARE in a gutter.!

Also woke up next to a gravestone once... how appropriate! I probably thought I belonged, lol.
    ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

...you sober up at the wheel of your car on the wrong side of the road with another vehicle heading towards you blasting his horn.
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

...you get pancreatitis.
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

This may only be my experience...

...the first sip of the coffee your colleague makes you first thing tastes like vodka, you taste it again to check and are disappointed as it just tastes like coffee after that.

Comment

...your boss does a doodle of you at your desk...

Comment

chelle you crack me up!!!

When you ask your partner to nip over to the shop for a loaf of bread, just because he's standing in front of the cupboard where your wine stash is, and you desperately need a drink.

I couldn't wait to get my girlfriend out the house sometimes in the mornings so I could get a few cans down me neck. Whenever it was food shopping day I would always wriggle out of it with some lame excuse that I would tidy the house while she was away. I always insisted she take the baby as well; as if it wasn't hard enough to carry shopping bags, but to push a pram as well!!. I would of course get nothing done as as soon as she was out the door I was straight down the offie buying cans which I had to drink before she returned otherwise I'd get found out!!. Of course I never did any tidying up anyway as I used to blurt the sounds out on the stereo and get pissed!!. On the rare occaision she did leave the baby with me I still made it to the offie by asking a neighbour to look after her while I nipped to the shop for 'nappies'!!!. Now here's the real bastard part, if the neighbours weren't in I would leave her on her own for 10mins while i STILL nipped to the offie. I dread to think what could of happened if I lost my key or something worse.

Love and Happiness
              Hippie
              xx
              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
              Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

LOL over the whole Ebay Dora and Wiggy post. Im still laughing at that one!
                Ive bought tons of crap over the internet when Ive been drunk, and stuff that I just couldnt afford.
                My main pitfall is playing online bingo. I checked my bank statement and realised Id spent ?150 in one week on bingo. I had to phone them to put a 'stopper' on my account!

Sometimes I dread the postman bringing parcels cos I think "Oh crap, what did I order now?"
                Have found that I apparently bought a plastic necklace from China, a vintage pipe and a ornament of a monk in one drunken ebay session.
                ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Also,
                  When you turn up for an interview with your vicar to discuss your wedding and you're completely p****d.

And also, just this morning: -
                  When you have to take one of your dogs to the vets for an annual booster, get half way there and realise you've put the wrong dog in the car cos you're so hungover.

Comment

The craziest things I've bought whilst drunk:

1. A cheburashka singing toy
                    2. Misha & Natasha Russian Folk Music CD

The thing is, I actually wanted these things, so I don't regret it - I just have funny tastes.

Comment

Cheburashka:

Misha & Natasha:

Misha and Natasha From Russia - Russian folk song duo

Comment

When you put the car keys in the freezer and the chops in the sock draw..... in the bed room...... and found watering the dog instead of the basil on save water sunday!!!!
                        cap

Comment

When you decide to hoover the stairs after consuming 2 bottles of wine...

cue me lying at foot of stairs with a dyson sitting on top of me and the suction pipe wrapped round an ankle. Nothing broken, but had to hide big black bruises for weeks.

LOL Captnjack at 'watering the dog'!

Comment

...you turn up to your father-in-law's 50th and your mother-in-law hands you a bottle of vodka and says... "There you go, that's you set for the evening - knock yourself out!!!"

Comment

...your husband says...

"How many bottles of vodka have you drunk this week - you alcoholic!"

Comment

lots of good story im not the only one hahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X