Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi all. Can i join this thread please? Have the hump the size of a camel at the moment (see thread just starting out? need a nest to feel safe and comfortable in.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Summer! I just read your other post. I feel you are being treated like crap. I went through something similar in April. Please come around more often :h You will find awesome support here - and you won't have to wait for it to come in the post
      :l
      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow........I agree Wally, kind of excited to see this thread again. For those who aren't aware, I started this thread several months ago. It was (and is) a safe and comforting place for newcomers to come to. I left the forum a few months ago and just returned yesterday. I'm looking into threads that best suit my current situation (moderation), but couldn't help but visit here when I saw the thread......this is a wonderful thread and I hope to see it revive.....I may try to 'rekindle the flame' if that is okay with others out there........Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!!!!!!!!
        Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

:bump:
          :l
          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

just wanted to check in here and let you all know it is a miracle for me to be sober for 37 days. thank god for finding My Way Out

Comment

Good morning everyone, feeling good today. Much better sleep. I have 4 days off. The first four days off without drink. Of course, weekends were always heaviest use times. I have a plan though. A friend who has 30 years sobriety is going grocery shopping with me odyssey to put barricades around the liquor aisles. Then I will cook dinner for her. Tomorrow I am going shopping for the Angels I got for Salvation Army and that evening will be at a pot luck at church. Three of the people at pot luck know that I have quit drinking so it will be nice to know they are there. Saturday I have a class and need to fill in the evening. Sunday is church and then the afternoon with my sober friend. I am looking forward to this. I have gone weekdays before but the weekends always get me. I think it will be ok. Have a beautiful day. I enjoy this nest.

Comment

Yay! Can't wait to say the same thing. Keep it going!

Comment

Day four here and slept pretty well last night for the first time. I have this personal illogical belief that I sleep better with a skin full of booze in me. It is true I fall over semi-unconscious on the sofa most nights when I drink and it is also true that for a few nights when I stop and am withdrawing the nights are restless and sleep doesn't come easily, but it is also true that after the first few days sleep is allowed to do what it does - rest you and refresh you.

Having said that I'm a bit shaky and wobbly this morning. Day four after a year of daily drinking without a break it isn't surprising.

Attended a SMART on-line meeting last night. Only my second and though not as good as the first it was definitely worth attending, at least in part because they start at the same sort of time I would normally start drinking. Though of course the content is really helpful as well.

Onwards!

Comment

Originally posted by Mentium View Post
                    Day four here and slept pretty well last night for the first time. I have this personal illogical belief that I sleep better with a skin full of booze in me. It is true I fall over semi-unconscious on the sofa most nights when I drink and it is also true that for a few nights when I stop and am withdrawing the nights are restless and sleep doesn't come easily, but it is also true that after the first few days sleep is allowed to do what it does - rest you and refresh you.

Having said that I'm a bit shaky and wobbly this morning. Day four after a year of daily drinking without a break it isn't surprising.

Attended a SMART on-line meeting last night. Only my second and though not as good as the first it was definitely worth attending, at least in part because they start at the same sort of time I would normally start drinking. Though of course the content is really helpful as well.

Onwards!
                    It doesn't take long for the body to kick back in to normal.
                    I recently quit smoking and was introduced to the benefits of Vitamin D3 for sleep. Apparently there is a primitive area of our brains that controls sleep that needs D3 to function. Nicotine , alcohol and the terrible sleep patterns of addicts (late nights and insufficient sunlight) means many are deficient.

All my life I described myself as a severe insomniac when I was, in fact, deficient in D3.

Nowadays I sleep like a baby.

Comment

Okay, can someone tell me why we now have 2 Newbie Nest's?? This could get confusing to the newcomers....
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Newbie's Nest has been moved to here https://www.mywayout.org/community/sh...s-est/page6309
                        Last edited by abcowboy; December 6, 2015, 02:25 PM.
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

help. I was read a post about Gaba and I can't find the post. It was quite lengthly and addressed Gaba, 5-htp,I-tryptophan,etc. Thanks

Brett
                          Brett Hammond

Comment

Working...
                          X