Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

As everyone has learned from you , Dee, you are supposed to post here when things are not so great. That's why we are here.

You are doing a great job! I can't wait to congratulate myself for not drinking at dinner (or before, or after!). Keep your eye on the prize!
    We may not get there today, we may not get there tomorrow.
    We will not get there in a straight line but.....WE WILL GET THERE!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Thursday nesters,

Ala and O2m, your intimacy issues are a toughie. I'm no bed gymnast, but it's not an aversion. I've seen those couples therapy sessions on Oprah where they send the couples to some spa. Of course it solves all of their intimacy issues and they can barely stay off each other when they appear on the show. What I want to know is do they keep that up once they get home and face the kids, the laundry, the fatigue, etc.? I always thought the guys have a distinct advantage with their anatomy. Always figured our general horny-LESS was God's attempt at birth control. Just a theory at this point.

Now as to our abode. I know it's commercial, but I've always wanted to live in Cinderella's castle. Could we just try it out on a weekend? I'll skip past her housework years, and just be beautiful and sing with the birds and mice.

Must sign off as we're leaving at some ungodly hour tomorrow to take our youngest back to school. Still some packing to do. Won't be online again until Monday, so I'll miss everyone. Enjoy a wonderful weekend and I'll see ya'll when we get back.

Vera-b.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ayla, sounds like you really have a trigger that you need to deal with somehow. I too have much less drive than my boyfriend and it does cause fights with us. I think it is a problem for alot of us women. But it if it makes you want to drink... I dont know. I am no expert and have no answers. I do feel for you and am always here to listen. Congrats on day 10 and the weight loss. I know your scared but you can do this.

Dee Bee, sorry about your weepy day. Hope today is better.

Drive safe Vera B. Cinderalla's castle sounds wonderful.

Welcome Heather - look forward to getting to know you.

Hope all is Ok with you Wally.

Not much new here. Getting ready for company.... you know clean clean clean..... cook cook cook. Hopefully will be too busy to think about booze for a few days. Topa going fine, hopefully as you said DeeBee it will kick in at a higher dose. At least no ill effects at this point. I tried to listen to the clearing CD before bed last night, but I fell asleep. Does that still count? I went down the stairs, escalator and elevator and then right to sleep. Oh well, maybe I better try it standing up next time. Well I have much to get done. Hope all is well with everyone. Take care.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Nan! Today is better, I feel stronger and more positive. I just got whacked by insecurities yesterday for no apparant reason... ain't being female a bitch!! I am waiting for some test results from my Doc and I think it got to me that I haven't heard from her yet.

Vera your post make me giggle... bed gymnast LMAO!!

How is everyone this TGIF???
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi friends...fell off the wagon yesterday after fighting with my H about having sex. I told him I didn't want to and he got very upset and wondered if it was because I was having an affair or if I was gay. He said " A husband should not have to ask his wife for sex !! " He has been " patient " with me. I would hate to see what inpatient looks like. Anyway I was so agitated, frustrated after calling a friend for a Xanax ( without success ) I had a glass of wine to calm down so that I could sleep before my night shift. I feel like crap that I don't yet have a better way to deal with upset. I am going to see a counselor to rehash the whole childhood/young adult sexual abuse issue ....again. As with you O2M at times I wouldn't mind if he released himself with someone else. Anyway, sorry to ramble. My happy forward motion was abruptly halted yesterday. I start anew with all the inner strength I can muster. To all the newbies, may the source of your strength grow and grow and may your sorrows and weakness shrink to nothingness. Peace.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ayla, Counselor sounds like a good start. I have had some issues with abuse too. You can pm me too if you want. Good luck on your new start. You can do it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

P.S. That is a non-AL cocktail LOL!! Attached files [img]/converted_files/591149=3774-attachment.jpg[/img]
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm Baaaaaack!!!

Hi, guys!! I've missed you all, but have been catching up on your posts. Just got back from a week on the beach in FL, and, as it's an annual trip and AL & I have screwed up many of them, thought I'd let you know this was the best trip ever!! I'm dead on my feet from the drive, trying to stay ahead of Hurricane Fay, but just had to let you know what a difference moderation made! I was in complete control, whether to drink or not, and how much. I learned so much about other people, wasn't embarrasssed to be around them, handled myself 'gracefully' and had SO many compliments I couldn't believe it! My husband and I went down Sunday morning, and my sister joined us Wednesday AM, since we had a 3-bedroom condo overlooking the pool, lagoon, hot tub and ocean. My husband and I were like teenagers, even though Friday was our 38th wedding anniversary. He is one-of-a-kind, and I've fallen in love all over again. My sister and I spent the days together, and it was the longest we've ever been together in many years. We talked about her feelings about my drinking, planned a business together, too much to write here. I credit all of this to this program, and reading all your stories. We have a big problem to face this week with my son, his children, and his estranged wife who lets the children do whatever they want as long as it doesn't interfere with her sleeping around, & I think now I can be strong and handle it. I've only interacted with a few of you, but you should know what a blessing you have been to me, and, by proxy, my family. I'll be back tomorrow, but also wanted to ask, if the house isn't finished, I'd like to build my glass room with a view in front of the ocean and in back of the mountains. I'll include a sitting/library area open to everyone who wants to relax and be blessed by nature and quiet. Also, I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Southern cook, and I love to make fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, fresh cream corn, green beans, cole slaw, sweet potato casserole (with marshmallows & pecans), cat-head biscuits, coconut cake, homemade ice cream and iced (sweet) tea. Oh, and I'll keep a watermelon in the creek so it'll be really cold in the late afternoon. Please let me add on to the house, or I'll build one next door and aggravate you anyway!
                  Next week I'd like help learning some more things about the site, like how to get the "I'm new" icon off! Also, I chose the ugle little chewing avatar so every time I look at it I'll remember how I DON'T want to look someday! Thanks so much, everyone. The Power of the Group has pulled me through a tough week and I've come out with the best experience in years, and a great tan!
                  CJ
                  sigpic
                  Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ruby, I hope to be where you are someday. I have f**k Up and drank without thinking. Just out of habit. Nothing bad happened, no real stress. My son's 9th birthday party is all. I must have some deep S**T inside. I will try again tommorrow as it is a new day and I have no open bottles. I hate to start from the begining. Am I the only one that has to start over ????

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ayalarry, I can tell I'm older than you, and that just means I've had more time to mess up. Don't compare yourself, or count your days if it gets in the way of your goal. Your not starting over, your waking up to a new day. Don't beat yourself up. I learned that the hard way. I just happened to find my way after a very long time and a lot of heartache. I'll check with you tomorrow. All the best, and I'll be thinking of you.

CJ
                      sigpic
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ruby, congrats on your sucessful modding weekend. I am happy you had such a fantastic weekend. I would love to come visit you in your new glass room - I can picture the view now. By the way ... you can cook for me anytime. Doesnt sound like its going to help me with my weight loss though.

Ayla, like Ruby said.... dont be so hard on yourself. The reason I dont have to start over is because of Antabuse..... forced will power I call it. Get some rest and a fresh start tomorrow. Take care.

Hope everyone is well...

Comment

Newbies Nest

It is a new day. I cried myself to sleep, have woken up feeling like crap this morning. No more open bottles in the house. I don't know what happened to lower my resolve. Thanks for your kind words. I'll check into the antabuse. Have a beautiful day.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ayalarry, I just want to hug you. This is the day you woried about yesterday, so just focus on THIS day. You can't fix yesterday, so let it go. It was a learning day. You don't get do-overs for the past, so hang on, and live in THIS day. I'll be waiting to hear from you, so if things get tough, just come to the boards. This is your place, too.
                            CJ
                            sigpic

Comment

Newbies Nest

Made it thru the day. Cleaned, fixed my son's bed and colored my roots. All is well. I'm ready to chill until bed time. Many thanks for your kind thoughts and support. It speaks volumes. I have learned that I feel alot better when I don't drink. I will remember that if I get crazy again. Be well. Ayla

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Newbies,

I see I'm the first to post, where is everyone??

Rosey and Ayla, how are you doing today?

Ayla I also spring cleaned my daughters room yesterday and found chocolate wrappers, a apple and a 3 day old sandwich!! Argh I was so mad with her!

Welcome Back Ruby!! Just reading your post made my mouth water... you can cook for me anytime too LOL!

Hope everyone has a fantastic AF week!

Comment

Working...
                                X