Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Ok, now that I've finished reading through the rest of the thread, I'd like to officially fly into the Nest.

I've been on this site for a little over a week and I have a few posts here and there. This is such a warm, welcoming place, I love reading everyone's posts.

I went to my doc on Wednesday and have been on Topa since then. I was AF that day, mostly just because I would've felt like a hypocrite after pouring my story out to my doctor, telling him how I wanted to cut back, and then coming home and telling my boyfriend all about the appointment also. There was one point in the evening that I had a stress trigger and I fought with myself about having a drink, but ended up having hot chocolate instead.

Yesterday was rough, just because I was SO tired from the Topa (I assume that's what it was, anyway). I couldn't WAIT to get home from work. I ended up having a drink while I made dinner. It didn't taste as good as it normally does. I really didn't have any desire to have another after I finished the first one, when normally I would've been pouring a second right away. I went on with my night, walking the dog and taking a shower, etc. I thought about having another drink then, to wind down before bed. But I've made a point not to buy any more alcohol, so I've basically been drinking the same thing for awhile now and another vodka tonic just didn't sound like it would hit the spot. Then I got online here and started reading and kind of forgot to think about the drink anymore. Which was awesome!

I have the supplements and hypno CDs in the mail, so I'll start those once they arrive. I told my b/f that he would need to watch our rambunctious pup for an hour or so in the evenings while I was doing my hynpotherapy CDs, and I thought he might think it a bit ridiculous, but he's actually done hypno CDs himself in the past! He's read a lot of Dale Carnegie and Tony Robbins self-help leadership types of books, and has listened to those kinds of hypno tapes, so he knows all about it. So it's good to know I have his support.

Anyway, I am going to end up writing a novel (I have a tendency to do that!). I just wanted to say Happy Friday to everyone and to formally introduce myself into the Newbie thread.

Hope everyone is doing well!
    Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
    ~Clutch

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome! We're adding a second story to the nest this weekend so pick your room, okay
      :l
      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Okay One but it's a non-smoking room
        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Isolde,

I was also very tired when I started the Topa so I think it's normal.... I remember some nights sitting in front of the computer just staring and clicking and reading, I literally could not move myself I was so pooped!

Don't you find it wonderful that the drink just doesn't "taste" the same, that pouring the second one is now a consious decision instead of a habit?

Have a great weekend!
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ummm can I have the smoking room then?
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Smoking lounge is in the basement. Booze tap has been removed and is being auctioned on E-bay. Damn, that was a nice piece...LOL!! All proceeds will donated to AL abuse prevention around the world. What a fine nest we are creating. Enlarging the medicine cabinet for everyone's supps!
              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

If there is going to be a smoking lounge, then I want to request an espresso bar! Heck, let's just throw a whole Starbucks in there!
                Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
                ~Clutch

Comment

Newbies Nest

Isodle, done. Espresso bar it is. Hey, did y'all know the yellows of your eyes are suppose to be white? Kewl beans...LOL!!
                  LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello All,
                    I fully realize I'm a Johnny-come-lately, but I just got started on so many other threads that I couldn't keep up! It took me the first month to find things around this site - and I'll admit I'm still learning my way around. So, if there's room in the nest . . . please just don't give me the kitchen. I'm not a great cook, and since I've gotten into the habit of coming here during the "cocktail hour", dinners have been very hastily put together, if at all. Happy weekend, all.

V.

Comment

Newbies Nest

There's always room for another Vera! Enjoy the view!
                      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Attached files [img]/converted_files/586804=3743-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Wally & Wedgie! I thought we would have weekend off but I see we must expand. That's great! East or west wing? Hope your cat likes the dogs...LOL!! Welcome and get to work on the expansion
                          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

You are so funny Wally! Y'all can have all the takeaway you want. I think DeeBee and I will share the kitchen - when we're not in the smoking lounge. that should work out just fine, as we are in different time zones...LOL!!
                            LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Wally, how close is Burlington to Ottawa?
                              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

I was just cuious as I lived in Nepean, just outside of Ottawa, for about a year and half.
                                LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X