Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Oh, I see. There are many peeps from Canada here. Hope you can connect with them Meanwhile, get back to your recycling projects...LOL!!
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hmmm, on second thought, maybe I will just keep the Nest for visiting, rather than keeping a permanent room. I'm a non-smoking neat freak who likes to cook. But I will swing by to have some lattes and macchiatos and chat!

Hope everyone's having a great weekend. The B/F and I are having a do-nothing Saturday, it's great to give yourself permission to do that sometimes!
      Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
      ~Clutch

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all nesters,

I've been on for about 3 hours now - have so much stuff piling up, but would rather be here! I do think this place is an addiction of sorts. Seems like I missed out on something last night - was in Boston with the family to celebrate our oldest daughter's birthday. Had a great time - and so little to drink I actually was awake in the car the entire ride home. But it's Sunday, so the AF week starts now. Hope everyone's ok (from whatever it was that went on). Saw a couple of jumpy posts today, but suspect that goes on from time to time. Have a good week all.

V.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Vera, where did you eat in Boston? I lived in redding for 1 1/2 years and often took the train in Boston on the weekends to eat and people watch...LOL!! glad you had a good time and can remember the ride home. That's a good start
          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all,

What joy to catch up on this thread - Wally you crack me up but I feel like a nostril shunting us smokers out into the cold....LOL!

What a load of other rubbish I had to get through this morning in order to find my fav thread.... it was starting to get to me and I was about to logg off until the board was "happier" and then I found this..... what joy to come back to normal, sane, happy and funny folks!

So how is everyone today?

I am good, had a real tricky time with cravings this weekend for some reason. I haven't craved like that in the last 3 months!! I caught myself just in time before I took a sip of hubby's drink... WTF, I have NEVER drunk spirits so why crave them now?? WIP, I think I need a session to work that one out!!
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Is it over finally? Can I come out of hiding now?

Don't care much for the goings on these last few days because I find it stressful. Honestly thought maybe this wasnt the place for me, but I am glad to see everyone trying to forgive and forget. I think we all need each other or else we wouldnt be here. Thanks for the Wiping the Slate Clean post O2M - very eloquantly (sp?) written.

All is OK with me. Worked all weekend long hours. Have a doctor appt this am and will ask him if he will write RX for me to try Topa. Getting tired of the hour long fight in my head every morning about choking down that Antabuse. I know I need it but sometimes that evil voice on my other shoulder says - your OK now, dont take it. Maybe Topa will help with the daily cravings. I tell you --- I am soooo tired of that witching hour. So, tired of trying to keep busy so I dont think about it. Have been on supplements for a week and so far dont make much difference as far as I can tell. I have increased my exercise to 45 min a day at least 5 or 6 days a week. Anyway, enough whining.

DeeBee - it sucks that you had cravings this weekend. So glad you caught yourself. It takes such will power to overcome this. How do you keep them at bay most of the time? You said you usually dont crave.

It is a beautiful morning here in Nebraska. The windows are all open and there is a brisk 60 degree breeze. I can smell the roses under my window sill. It feels like fall is coming. I love fall. The sun is rising and the birds are chirping. All seems right in the world this morning. Better get outside as my roses need deadheaded, should have one more good flush of blooms before cold sets in. Hope you all are doing well.

PS
              O2M - I could build you a tree house above one of the rose gardens instead. Why do you want an attic room anyway?

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have called in the re-enforcements to get the building work done chop-chop!!

Attached files [img]/converted_files/588213=3748-attachment.jpg[/img]
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Fellow Newbies
                  It is nice to be back. I lost my connection for a week. It is amazing what can be accomplished when there is no Cable TV or Internet.lol. I am doing ok, just stressed out about finances, but who isn't? I guess I was fortunate to miss whatever went on here that had everyone upset. It seems to have passed and that's a good thing. I look forward to coming here. Everyone has been so supportive, and I have received some very helpful advice. I hope that I can help others too. It is warm and sunny here in the Northeast. Wish I didn't have to go to work. Have a great day all.
                  "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All.... I have checked around different threads, this one may be the place for me. I started my journey on 8/12. I had one slip up saturday but was able to limit it to 2 glasses of wine and not an entire ( big ) bottle. I am grateful for that. I am back on track, ready to increase my Campral dose and hope for AF for a while. I had thought that I would receive a reward from being AF as in weight loss, because I have count down the calories quite a bit. So when will I be rewarded ???? Is this a first time journey for all of you ????

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the warm welcome. There is a newbie on either the general discussion or first time page named " Thalyanna". It seems that she could use some encouragement. Perhaps this would be a good thread for her ?? I posted a reply but wondered if one of you OBG might do so as well.

Comment

Newbies Nest

You are the best. Time to play with my boy and refill my supps for the week. Be well.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone! They nest is ready for y'all. O2M, get to the loft! DeeBee, meet you in the smoking lounge or kitchen...LOL!! Everyone else, grab an area that suits you best and make it your own. Newbies grab a sleeping bag and help us add on some more to the nest! Always always always room for more. I won't be on too much today. We are dealing with the weather here in TX and also trying to my in-laws to a hotel in FL because of Fay. Also have a brokien water main up the street so our water is shut off for the next few hours. I think I'll go do some scrapbooking . I'll be back in a few hours. Stay strong and keep your eye on the prize!
                          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

I need the bathroom LTG! I am freezing my toush off today and can't wait for a nice long hot bath.

Today has been very blah and I am pooped so hubby is making a healthy chicken soup while I soak my aching bod. What is up with that btw? Last week I had a pinched nerve that gave me cramp in my butt and today I have it between the shoulder blades.

Anyhoo that's enough moaning for one day! We have load shedding tonight so NO electricity as our goverment hasn't bought enough coal - can you frigging believe it!!

LTG I have been listening to the updates on the radio about the rain you are having - stay safe tonight!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks DeeBee and a great job you did this weekend remaining AF!! It was a rough one for many. So glad you stayed strong! Great job everyone!! !!
                              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

DeeBee - no electricity? LTG- no water??? Sea -no internet OR CABLE????? That's just plain brutal.

Welcome Lar. Congrats on your AF progress. Hope you start losing weight soon. I started weight watchers at the same time I quit the booze. Unfortunately, If I cant drink ...then I eat. Anyway it is working well so far - 45 #down and AF 90 plus days. To answer you question it is not my first stent at being AF.... It's been a long and bumpy road. Hope you will enjoy the support and understanding you will get from the people here.

O2M - I will gladly donate some of my weight to your cause.

Done with my doctor appt. He had heard of Topa's use to treat alcoholism and gladly looked through my book and agreed to let me try it. So I took my first dose and now am sitting here waiting for something miraculous to happen. Silly I know..... it doesnt work until you titrate up to a higher dose. I hope it helps with the cravings. Well better go get something done. Will be back tonight at the witching hour again.

Wallywoman- nice to meet you, I am fairly new here and don't think weve crossed paths.

Comment

Working...
                                X