Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I can just see me sitting on my lonesome in the dungeon....

Attached files [img]/converted_files/588711=3760-attachment.jpg[/img]
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Newbies Nest

O2m, I rent my husband out by the hour..... you must just pay for his ticket over there..... oh and pick up his clothes off the floor, make him coffee, a banana smoothie and a fully cooked breakfast every morning. Then while getting yourself ready slap together a 3 course lunch for his "special" lunch box. Be prepared to be woken up at 4:45am EVERY morning when he tip toes out of the house like a baby elephant leaving on all the lights as he departs. You will NEVER have control of the TVremote, Oh and birthday presents are a NO-NO.... he has a tendancy to forget important dates.

Other than that he is perfect LOL!!!
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tropical Storms, Hurricane Parties, and ice cream, oh my!

Hi all fellow Nesters! I have been doing more checking in and lurking over the past couple of days than anything. Whatever stressful events happened around here I have missed as well - I don't know whether to be curious, grateful, or both!

I have been caving to cravings left and right. I have kind of been giving myself "permission", because I'm not planning to begin the program full force until next week. My boyfriend's birthday is this Thursday and we are taking a few days off of work and will be going out a bit and celebrating, and I didn't want to have to fight with myself at all during that time. I don't want to go OVERboard, but don't want to deprive myself either. I was thinking that I would go AF from Sun-Wed at least, but am 0 for 4 so far. Yesterday was a bit out of left field with Tropical Storm Fay knocking on our door here. It's common for people to have "Hurricane Parties" when we get big storms here, because once you are all holed up there is not much else to do while you are waiting it out. Well, I wouldn't call it a party, but there was the possibility I might not have to work today (that didn't happen, btw), and I felt like celebrating, so to speak. So the b/f picked up some pizza, and I grabbed some beer. The funny thing is that I only had 2 drinks, but with the Topa, 2 drinks feels like a lot more. And I went overboard with the food too, and had ice cream to boot. Sometimes I have the same type of obsessive streaks with food that I do with alcohol. As the Topa's supposed to help with that also, I am hopeful and keeping my fingers crossed.
        What kept me from drinking more last night was the mail, actually. I ran out during a lull in the storm to take the dog out and grab the mail, and my package with my supplements and CDs had arrived! Just opening it up and going through everything made me stop and say to myself, "What am I doing?". It made me realize that I'd lost sight of what I was trying to achieve.

Ah! I feel better just pouring that out to you guys. Even if I don't always get responses on my posts, it just feels good to get it out, especially to people who I know understand what I'm going through. :thanks:

A warm welcome to aylalarry!! Always nice to have another newbie join the nest.

Rosey, I am SO jealous of your weather! 60 degrees?!! It has been in the 90s every day here for months and super sticky on top of that. The tropical storm is actually a RELIEF from the heat! We will probably not get any kind of cool weather until at LEAST October, and that only comes in spurts. I keep saying I need to move to an area that has 4 seasons. Not sure I would want to do the day to day business of life in snow though...

Anyway, I have rambled long enough!! Hope everyone is doing well! I will be AF today.

:baaah:
        Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
        ~Clutch

Comment

Newbies Nest

Isolde, Well the 60 degrees was at 7am, but generally it has been getting up to the mid 80's. And I do love all four seasons..... even though by mid march I am getting thoroughly sick of snow. But I couldnt imagine Christmas without snow. I hope all goes well with your supplements and hypno tapes. Although I have been AF 90 plus days we are both about at the same point in the program. I got my hypno and topa yesterday. Cravings suck. Esp when you also crave food. I understand. Hang in there.

I got called into work today and have to go back for a bit. So far day 1 on Topa I feel good. Hope all is well with everyone.

PS.....I believe that description also describes my ex husband. Had to laugh at the 3 course meal in the special lunch box. So spoiled husbands can be. My ex never took a sandwich to work ever!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening newbie nesters,

Sorry I missed yesterday. So many threads, so little time! LTG - we had dinner at the Chart House. Was very pretty on the water and the seafood was excellent. The waiter was my daughter's age (23) and clueless, but we managed with lots of laughs (no BF material there!). Very expensive, though. Will have to cook the next month - no dinners out!

I've been challenged of late in the booze department. No slips to speak of, but the drinking mind has been tugging at me. I think the early euphoria of feeling so good has been fading. I'm forgetting how rotten I felt daily as I haven't had a hangover in nearly 2 months. So, you know what I did? I just finished re-listening to my clearing and hypnotic cd's, and any thoughts of a drink went away. The directions said to re-listen in you need a "tune-up", and I sure did. I'm so pleased they worked. Hope this gives me the boost I've been looking for throughout the week.

Hope everyone is having a great day. I love the proposed nest locations, especially with water views!

V.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello there Newbies, this is Renewal....I started this thread a few months ago....I'm so happy to see it's still providing comfort and support to everybody. Heck, you're even discussing living quarters! There's a lot of new faces since I faded off into the sunset a couple weeks ago. Welcome to all you newcomers and enjoy the wonderful support you get here. Well, gonna go now, but just wanted to peep in and see how 'my ole thread' was doing....the best to you all!
              Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Renewal, I was just thinking that this thread is missing you! It's great to hear from you, how are you?

Vera, well done on staying AF even though the little evil bugger sitting on your shoulder is trying to whisper dirty lies in your ear - SWAT HIM HARD!

Wally, I vote for F-U-N! I'm tired of being grumpy and full of B-S... lets let our hair down and LOVE LIFE!!

LTG, how are you today?

Rosey, how is the Topa going? I know it took me a while to get into it but the effect was almost immediate. I was modding when I started and it was amazing because I just didn't "feel" like a second drink. And yes my hubby is spoilt rotten but he does have many good points.

Isolde, you are right, we do understand what you are going through and I found "talking" about it here keeps me sane. Not that I'm mad ... just a little crazy LOL.

Just realised I didn't say how I was - GREAT, HAPPY, and 20 days AF!! Today is our wedding anniversary - 14 years, so we are going out for dinner tonight. I had a thought earlier to maybe have a drink to celebrate, I was actually plotting and planning in my head and convincing myself that "yeah, it's a special occassion, why not" NOT!!! I managed to stop that train of thoughs and gave myself a whack across the head! So my plan tonight is to order the most extravagant and expensive NON AL drink on the menu to celebrate... it will be a whole new experience.

Have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY!!

Helloooo Sea, O2m, Aylalarry, how are you doing?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Doin great !!!! 8 days minus 4 ( slip up on saturday but thankfully limited to 2 glasses not 1 big bottle ). Any way... I have changed my daily path to avoid the difficult times. I have lost 2 pounds... Yippee and I feel more in control of my future. I have a love hate relationship with my unopened bottle in the fridge. I alternate with yelling at it for being such a negative influence and then I want to cradle it with opener in hand. I keep it there as a security blanket. It is hidden in the back so I don't see it unless I am looking for it. I hope to open it on my birthday in Oct. after being AF until then.
                  I have been saddened and confused by some angry postings. I avoid conflict at all costs as it does nothing to edify me or the other party. The thread I am referring to reminds me of when I started a new job. There were unspoken rules of conduct that you only discovered when you broke them or you were a witness to someone else breaking them and that is how you slowly learned. I would hate to break any unspoken/wriiten rules here. Does this site have a moderator or these rules of conduct for a newbie to check out ??? Anyway... it means alot that you remembered me. Thank you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for your support Wally. I have alot of curiosity also, kind of a " rubber necker ". Perhaps reading those threads are how we can learn the unspoken unwritten rules of conduct. I will keep in mind a babysitter for my wine. The hard part is telling someone else about " my problem " I think for now I will continue to yell at it until it becomes a non issue whenever that may be. You have a great day. Ayla

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone.... Congrats Ayla on the 8 days and 2 pounds. I understand about keeping the bottle. Although I intend on staying AF forever I still keep a bottle of Crown Royal. I dont know why, I just do. Maybe I like to cuss at it. I just don't know. I also understand about no one else knowing your secret and not wanting to tell. I was shocked when I found this place that there were so many other secret alcoholics in this world. Wonderful place this is. We aren't alone anymore. I am also disappointed about the stuff that has been going on around here. Hopefully us newbies can stay out of trouble.

DeeBee - Happy20th. What's the magical secret for making it to 20 years? Hope you enjoy your expensive fu fu drink. Stay strong.

Renewal - nice to hear from you.

Vera- so glad you hung in there and your tune up worked. My hypno tapes came but I havent had time to listen to them. Guess they definitely wont do anything for me in the box will they.

Wally - I too like the plan for fun. I agree with DeeBee. Sick and tired of being serious and grumpy. This AF business is making me a total crab. This just has to get easier ---- it just has to.

For me it's day 3 of Topa 25mg - not sure that I feel anything at all. Oh well, I guess I just keep dragging my crabby ass on and on and on.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning fellow Newbies,

Rosey and Wally, I didn't "feel" anything on the Topa until after the first week when I upped the dosage. But from the first time I took it my wine just didn't taste the same so I found myself forgetting for fill up as frequently as I used to. The only way I felt Topa was the tingling in my heals which was more irritating than anything else because it used to happen at night while I was sleeping so would wake up scratching my heels much to my hubby's confusion.

Ayla 9 days today, well done that is great!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, it's day 9 and lost 2 more pounds. Yippee !!! I must have consumed alot of AL type calories. I hope to lose 20 lbs by my birthday in Oct. as I will buy a new dress with all the $$$ I am saving from not buying wine. ( $ 14 /big bottle X 4 bottles a week X 8 weeks = $ 448.00 ) It is amazing how much $ I have spent. I have a marital problem regarding intimacy. I have been dealing with a lack of desire that is totally mismatched with my H. He wants alot, I want none. The only way I could " rally " was to drink. Now I don't drink and he wants to be intimate. I don't know what to do. Our conversations on this topic are always upsetting and I end up refilling my glass until I really don't give a S**T. We have gone round and round with this for 7-8 years. This is my first time facing it sober. I am scared.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All,
                            I am new so just thought i would try a HELLO and say if I am doing things right

Comment

Newbies Nest

Heather, welcome, you are "doing it right" in that you have successfully posted a message! Why don't you start a new message ("new thread") in the "just starting out" section, and tell us a bit about yourself, so that people can get to know you and answer any questions you might have?

wip

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all,

Sorry I haven't posted today but don't really have anything to tell. The day started off with a bang and I was patting myself on the back all morning for not drinking at dinner last night and WHAM all of a sudden I am feeling weepy, tired, miserable, the start of a headache and generally KAK! Sorry for being a downer as I don't normally post unless I am in a good place, but today has been blahhh!

Looking forward to tomorrow, a new day.

Hope you are all doing just great!

Dee

Comment

Working...
                                X