Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

hi renew ,im not a newbie by no means,ito drikin tht is,nterestin to me,that u and all these others have such a desire,to stop,or moderate,i resently joined this site,very interesting compared to others ive been to,what an attitude,ive stopped now again for 9 months,but like u flolks,i needed to find somthin new,and as far as i no this site is relatively new,back in 1934,AA,was new and it seems to have worked for millions,i hope this site will get the same reconition,keep up the good work renew,theres always someone in the crowd tht has to inspire the rest of us,and your doin a great job,ps seacallin the sleep pattern comes with time gyco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 31

Wow!! I did it...31 days AF--I remember when Renewal hit his 30 day mark and I was so jealous...seemed like such a way off for me at that point. I saw my Doc yesterday who was really supportive and encouraging. Have a big challenge coming up...going to Italy in two weeks. Given my passion for wine I am a little fearful that I will quickly fall back into old patterns. I am so happy I have found this program and this forum so that I can reestablish routines when I come home in September. Any suggestions for travelling and moderation? Feeling alot of gratitude to you all...rachel

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations on your 31 AF days Rachael..... what an accomplishment. I'm not sure I could ever get there! Enjoy your trip to Italy ..... I'd love to go there one day too, but I (we all) know what you mean about the wine. Surely you plan to moderate while there .... it's part of the culture --- fine wine (just a glass) with fantastic food. Just make sure you have water to sip on in between.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:wd: Way to go Rachel!! I am coming right up behind you. Day 27. Had my first "drinking" dream last night. It felt so real!! For the first time EVER, in a drinking dream, I did not drink. It was really hard, but I just kept thinking to myself (in the dream) You have 27 days, don't blow it now. This site has helped me sooo much. I am eternally grateful. Must get ready for my job interview. Thank you all for the well wishes. I will let you know how it goes. Best wishes to all for an AF or Mod day. I could not do this without all of you.:hug:
          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rachel I am so jelous you are going to Italy, ever since I read "Eat, Love, Pray" the travel bug has bitten and it's one of the places I would love to visit.

Congrats on 31 AF days, but I too like New Day have my doubts whether I will be joining the AF club this month... maybe September. Have you thought about arming yourself with some suppliments for your holiday to keep the cravings at bay?

Good luck for your interview Sea, I remember reading your posts when you first joined and you sound so much stronger, almost a different person - you go girl!!
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Couldn't agree more DeeBee....Seacailin has turned into a much different person in less than a month's time. Wow....what a change! I'm behind ya Sea.............aaaaannnnnddddd....CONGRAT'S TO RACHEL ....i AM SO PROUD OF YOU HONEY. Both of you are inspirations to us all! Have a great day everybody.
              Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Fellow Newbies
                I ended up having an unexpected day off, and since the Agency sent me to a job where I was not needed, they had to pay me for 4 hours. It will give me more time to prepare for the Northeast meetup in Boston tomorrow. I am so excited. I will get to meet members of the MWO family!! The job interview seemed to go very well. They kept me there for 3 hours. I will not know anything until the week after next because the Director is on vacation all of next week. They were already talking money with me, so hopefully, that is a good sign. I hope that you are all doing well. One day shy of 30 days when I meet the gang tomorrow. Wish you all success today. Thank you for the nice comments.

Comment

Newbies Nest

SUICIDE HOUR!!!

Why the F**k is a friday so damn hard to be AF!! It's like there is a little green man sitting on my shoulder taunting me, saying go on Dee just one won't hurt.
                  "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tell your little green man to f**k right off
                    Seriously though, I know what you mean. Fine all day until "That Time"
                    Stay strong Dee
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

BTW I am 24 days AF today. I am so pleased with myself. this is the first time in many many years. I had got to the point where I was drinking a bottle of wine or more most nights and even some in the morning sometimes. There, I said it. I am SO ashamed of myself too.
                      Can I just ask. I never had any trouble sleeping after stopping in fact slept so much better. Most people seem to. I know I am lucky. Does anyone have any ideas why that should be?
                      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, I jumped into chat and feel much stronger.... funny how a glass of water even tastes okay now that "that time" has passed. Seriously feel like I can actually do this now.

I am now going to climb into the bath with a good book to distract myself further (my daughter is burning down the kitchen making dinner...lol)

Whoohooo!!

:happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Love the way you guys are supporting one another....Seacailin, have a great trip!! And an early congrats on day 30 which is right around the corner for you....I know you'll get there with all the grace you've shown this past month....be proud. Startingover, GREAT job with your 24 days!! Deebee, hope your daughter made you a wonderful meal, ......without burning up the place......as for those 'trigger times'....when I went my 31 days AF last month, I tried to anticipate those certain times (ie: Friday night) and replace them with something else like going to the gym or walking, or reading, etc.....just NOT 'get comfortable and bored' on the couch where temptation would set in.....also, amazing how a couple glasses of ice water and a little food will satisfy some cravings too.............hope everybody has a wonderful weekend.
                          Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning all
                            Great job Startingover. You are coming right up behind me. Well, Day 29. I will getting ready soon to go and meet the gang in Boston. We may have some T-storms later today, but I'm sure that we will have fun anyway. I will check in tomorrow and let you all know how it went. I am a Nurse, as some of you know, and I was thinking about doing Travel Nursing for years. I am waiting for my 20 year old daughter, and 21 year old son to be on there own. How great is it to know that no matter where I travel, there will be MWO family there. Hope you all have a great day. AF or Mod.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow thank you to everyone for your words of congratulations. Such support here of the forum...it feels wonderful. I am amazed at how great I feel..like a new person...exercising again..working out with a trainer infact...sleeping like a baby (just amazes me since the level of insomina was out of control) I now know without a shadow of a doubt that alcohol interferes with my sleep cycle. To think how low I was in June to how I feel in August...I just want to encourage all of you to hang in there ..you will feel like a new person. Thank you Renewal and all the MWO family for your kind words. rachel

Comment

Newbies Nest

The Big Thirty

Good Morning All
                                Hit the big 30 days today. Feels Great! I could not have done it with you wonderful folks, especially you renewal. You were with me from the very start. No plans to Mod. Plan to continue to abstain ODAT. Will reward myself with Ice Cream.lol. Damn there goes the five pounds that I lost.lol. The trip to Boston was great!! Wonderful group of people. I ate more than I have eaten in years. We are going to try and get some folks up here to New Hampshire for the foliage. It is absolutely gorgeous. If anyone is interested, please let me know. Hang in there fellow newbies. If I can do it, certainly all of you can. I love u all:l

Comment

Working...
                                X