Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Great going, DB, SC, and SO!!! Whatever it takes, yes? I do think a lot of this is about planning, esp. planning to be somewhere else, doing something else, with somebody else, in situations that we KNOW are big ol' triggers... Sitting at home in front of the computer at 4pm is one, for me. If I find myself there, I go get one of my fabulous V-8 with lime on the rocks drinks, and I am doing fine. Eating something is good, too... my body hollers "let's have a drink!!!" when/if I am hungry in the late afternoon...

Wish I coulda been with the Boston Group get-together!! Anybody in the Midwest USA want to consider staging an event, maybe Kansas City, St Louis, Chicago??

wip

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hurray for Seacailin!!

Yeah:goodjob::wd::happy:day thirty is a huge feat!! I think it is great you met with people from the site in Boston..How was that? Keep on obstaining SC your amazing. rachel

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good on you Sea!! And Hi, welcome and well done to ALL!
        Just had a lovely AF weekend and I NEVER thought I would say that! If I compare how I feel now with how I felt in June it is scary. In June I was so desperately low. Now I feel at peace and happy. Not 24/7 but getting there!!!!
        It will be my big 30 this week. I CANNOT BELIEVE IT :thanks: to everyone for their support. :h:h:h
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

I stumbled on this site last night when I was about ready to throw 78 days of sobriety down the drain. But thanks to all your support I made it to 79. I have ordered the MWO book and can't wait to read it. I started taking some vitamins today. When those desires to drink started tonight I grabbed my laptop and came straight here. I am amazed at the number of people who are just like me. I used to feel so alone. I didnt know there were so many other functional alcoholics that kept their secret from everyone. It is such a relief to know there are others who are going through the same thing. Thank you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starting Over: Fantastic!

And Rosey: Welcome! It's great that you ended up finding MWO! I hope you stick around, do a lot of reading and posting, and become part of this community!

wip

Comment

Newbies Nest

I can feeeeel the love....jeez, you gals are impressing the heck out of this guy. Seacailin....CONGRATS on your 30 days. For the rest of you, if you had seen where she was 30 days ago and where she is now....well, it's a different person! I'm proud of you honey!! Welcome to A work in progress....great to have you here! Starting over....you're almost there....that last week will be no problem as you've got all kinds of positive mo on your side! Stay around Rachel.....you add a great deal here. Rosey, how nice to see you...and welcome.....79 days AF? Whooooo, I want to see more of you around here. Inspire us some more. Well, hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
              Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning All
                Thank you for all of the Congrats. I can feeeel the love too renewal. Ain't love grand? Welcome Rosey. I am glad that you are here and that it seems to be helping already. Sounds like you are all doing Great. WIP, I love reading your posts. You are a wise owl.lol. Keep on truckin' startingover and Rachel. one2many I am coming out there to visit as soon as it is financially possible. My sis, daughter, and I are dying to visit Ireland. I hope I didn't miss anyone. You are a wonderful group of people. I always found it interesting that the nicest, most talented people that I ever met were afflicted with alchohol/drug problems. I hope that each and every one of you has a great day. Hang tough. We can do this ODAT.:thumbs:
                "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey, SC and OneTwo, thanks and GOOD GOING for you!! Your presence and support and the way you are approaching this program give much hope and strength to the rest of us!!

wip

Comment

Newbies Nest

Once again I'm .......feelin the love!!!!!!!!! Happy Monday!
                    Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Fellow Newbies
                      Well, I actually got a decent amount of sleep last night for the first time in years. What is odd about it is that I stopped taking Melatonin two days ago. It did not seem to help. I slept without any type of sleep aid. Everyone said that my sleep would regulate, but I was doubtful. Hopefully, it will continue. Well, I was supposed to work today 3-11, but either the agency that I work for or the facility that I have been working at, made a mistake in scheduling, and I now have the day off. In a way it sux, because I really need the money, but it will afford me the opportunity to get a 30 day chip at AA tonight. It is day 33, but I have not been to a meeting since last week. I won't know whether or not I am getting the new job until next week, but I know that they are checking my references. Keeping my fingers crossed. I desperately need a permanent position with health insurance. My poor doc, I have a list of ailments for her when I get the insurance.lol. I hope all are well. Best wishes for reaching your goals for the day.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all Newbies,
                        Good going Sea on your 33 days!! Pleased to hear you are sleeping again. That is one problem I have never had. I seem to want and be able to sleep too much really I do have some odd dreams though. Last night I dreamt of snorting lines of speed, smoking and drinking!!! Weird thing was, I hadn't been craving for any of those things or even thinking about them really. It must be my subconcious playing games with me. I have had similiar dreams since no al. I always wake up feeling really disapointed with myself until I realise it was JUST a dream. Fingers crossed that it stays that way
                        Hope you have all had a lovely and successful day
                        Startingover xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Newbies
                          Where are u all hiding? Where is our fearless leader (renewal). I hope u are all well. SO, I have had those drinking/drugging dreams too, but weird, the last one that I had, I chose Not to drink. That was a first.lol. They can be very disturbing. Well, not much new here. I just want to share one thing. My daughter called me from her work last night and asked me to stay up until she got home, which is 2am. I thought maybe something was wrong, so I waited for her,(killed the time in Chat) When she came home, she gave me a card, in which she had written the most loving things, and an Official NFL shirt!! to celebrate my 30 days. Those shirts are very expensive. She knew that I always wanted one, but could never afford one. BTW, I am a football fanatic. What a sweet, wonderful daughter I have. In a way, it was like a God Shot, because I was having a very difficult time with the cravings last night. It motivated me to continue. I also went to an AA meeting last night which was very helpful. I spent some time with one of the women there, who has been sober for many years. She gave me some great advice on turning off my brain, especially at night, so I could sleep. I have to tell u, I noticed a huge difference as I drifted off to sleep last night. Two nights in a row that I slept great. Whoo Hoo! Well, Day 33 today. Guess I'll just continue with what I am doing. I did add 3 new supps to my program, because my hair is still falling out. Not alot, but enough to be annoying. Now I take like 20 pills in the morning. Geez. Oh well, whatever helps. Determinator says that I should be taking 50.lol. Best wishes to all in achieving your goals for the day. Sorry, long winded this morning.lol

Comment

Newbies Nest

How do you turn things off in your brain Sea?
                            Had yet another dream about beer last night. I was trying to order a massive round in a pub and kept forgetting what the order was!!! Wish my head would stop doing that.
                            Today, I bought the Allen Carr book to add to my arsenal of tools. When I have read it I will let you know what it's like
                            Hope you all have had a great day.

SO xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

It is an AA thing, and I know that not everyone goes for AA. I am a bit skeptical right now, but I have been given tools in that program that have lead to long periods of Serenity. A feeling that I had never known before. It all has to do with Step 3 in the AA program; turning one's will over to a higher power (of your choosing). Every night when I was trying to go to sleep, the hamster would jump in the wheel, and my head would start spinning with stressful thoughts (huge financial problems). I got some great advice from a couple of women at the AA meeting. I was told to focus on my breathing while going to sleep, to say the Serenity prayer and really focus on the words, and realize that I am doing my best to improve my financial situation, the rest is out of my hands. I am not a religious person (Recovering Catholic)lol, but I do pray twice daily. It really seems to help. I just said God, please take this one. I can't deal with it. It seems to work.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Sea. I have never been to AA and would be too afraid to go. But I do focus on my breathing and pray. It does seem to help. The serenity prayer, isn't that something about having strength to change the things you can, let go of the things you can't and the wisdom to know the difference between the two? Sorry for my ignorance.

Comment

Working...
                                X