Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 9th September

Did he just tell you to shut up, Grim??? :H
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

sunshine_gg;711700 wrote: Ahhhhh ok Oney.... I GET it now.... *phew*
      NOW WHAT THE HELL HAS THAT GOT TO DO WITH A STOCKING!??????? :H
      ****puts paws against ears, looks away from screen****
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

sunshine_gg;711702 wrote: Did he just tell you to shut up, Grim??? :H
        He did indeed, the rude bastard! :upset:
        'Tis with our judgements as our watches, none go just alike, yet each believes his own - Alexander Pope

Comment

Grim;711701 wrote: Now Tippers, please explain to the kind folk why you just called me Soutpiel!
          It is an ever-so-slightly derogatory term to describe someone who stands with leg in England, the other in Africa. Guess what dangles in the brine in between?

THAT, my friends is a "soutpiel" - used to describe the imperialist colonialists who used to run this country
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;711703 wrote: ****puts paws against ears, looks away from screen****
            Em..er.em.....dirty disgusting men?
            "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Well, Flemish is kind of a french/dutch thing... I actually helped a flemish lady through immigration once.. she didn't speak a word of english...

In Germany, there are many dialects (usually referred to as 'Platt') and they vary greatly from region to region. In Hamburg (where I grew up) the Platt is a mix of German, Dutch, and English and one of my grand fathers spoke almost exclusively Platt.

However, I was visiting a friend's parents close to Cologne and couldn't understand ANY of her dad's Platt.. not one friggin word :H
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

tiptronic_ct;711705 wrote: It is an ever-so-slightly derogatory term to describe someone who stands with leg in England, the other in Africa. Guess what dangles in the brine in between?

THAT, my friends is a "soutpiel"
                Thats a new one on me...The term* Bandy Legs* has just taken on a whole new meaning:H

Comment

sunshine_gg;711707 wrote: Well, Flemish is kind of a french/dutch thing... I actually helped a flemish lady through immigration once.. she didn't speak a word of english...

In Germany, there are many dialects (usually referred to as 'Platt') and they vary greatly from region to region. In Hamburg (where I grew up) the Platt is a mix of German, Dutch, and English and one of my grand fathers spoke almost exclusively Platt.

However, I was visiting a friend's parents close to Cologne and couldn't understand ANY of her dad's Platt.. not one friggin word :H
                  That would explain it - my ancestors were from France. Fled from religious persecution.
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

horizonsnew;711708 wrote: Thats a new one on me...The term* Bandy Legs* has just taken on a whole new meaning:H
                    :H :H :H
                    'Tis with our judgements as our watches, none go just alike, yet each believes his own - Alexander Pope

Comment

tiptronic_ct;711709 wrote: That would explain it - my ancestors were from France. Fled from religious persecution.
                      Have you been to France Tip?

Comment

Righto Ladies and Gents I'm off to the store to pick up something for tea..Have a good evening all xx

Comment

Grim;711715 wrote: Have you been to France Tip?
                          No, I haven't Grimmy.

Mrs. T spent a few days in Paris last year, but wasn't mightily impressed with it. I would prefer the countryside myself...
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Cheers, HN.
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

The word "cheers" has just made me think...

It can refer to a toast...
                              It can mean goodbye
                              It can mean joyous shouting
                              It can mean thank you

What else?
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

See you tomorrow hopefully HN, enjoy the rest of your day! I am going to be turning in soon as I have a really good book that I hear calling.....

Comment

Working...
                                X