• Show
Clear All

The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!!FOR JULY WITH A BLAST

oh yeah...Happy Birthday Grateful. We love and miss you
    Happy 4th everyone.....doesn't feel like much of a holiday right now
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRATEFUL

Hope that you have had a wonderful day!!!!!

Ruby - "OR SUNSHINE" - that is all you could manage????? I am so disappointed - guess you are so old you couldn't come up with anything else!!!!!

Jan - my dear sweet Jan - I am with you in heart, soul and spirit. You know I am always here for you. I enjoyed our chat this evening and hope it helped. You are an amazing person with all that you have gone through and all that you continue to go through. You can do this - I know you can - just know that I am on the other end of the phone for you. Hang in there my friend. Lorry loads of hugs and kisses.

Bird - In a way I am glad that house wasn't up to scratch - even if it was good for the children - it wasn't good for you. You would not have been happy. And much as we want to make our children happy, we need to be happy too. :l

Love and hugs to all,

love, Sun XX
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

I sent you a message. Listen to me, MB.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hey Rog, I'm here! Taking it a step at a time...! thank you!

Mama B, my heart goes out to you for having to bear this ordeal...! Don't know how you do it, but you're hanging in there and you're setting the example. LOTS of hugs to you.

Rubes, you're so precious. Love all the pics you posted!

MY SWEET Vicki, keep those words of wisdom coming. You gave me something to think about and I thank you for that. I will be posting my chapter 2, which I started writing 5 days ago. It's so hard, Vicki.! But I have faith and I believe that this is the first precious step! Enjoy yourself with your family hon, you deserve it!

Michael, one more chapter to go and can't wait to read it all.

Tony, love that picture, make sure you post it again when 4th of July gets here. There are some Americans who are far away from home and need to be reminded.

Lots of hugs to all of you, Sunshine, Nora, Hills.

Bird (those girls of yours are absolutely adorable). Hang in there and know that everything happens for a reason! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Grateful. Where are you Swannie?

Love you all,
          Effie :h:h:h

PS: It's almost 5 am my time and I'm writing away thanks to YOU.

All my love to each and everyone of you

Comment

Effie - what are you doing up at 5.00 am? I mean, I know I am up at that time some mornings but why are you up? I am just thinking about going to bed - this internet stuff is awesome isn't it? Love and hugs to you and have a wonderful Saturday - I work the closing shift which means a LONG day for me! Hugs to you my friend.

Love, Sun XXX
            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Oh Jan - I am so very sorry. (((((((((((((((Jan)))))))))))))

Hello to everyone. I had planned to respond to each of you but time got away from me again.

Thinking of you all.................:h:h
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good morning everyone, I hope you are well. It supposed to be 43 degrees, celsius, with the humidex today, that is crazy hot for my area. Well we had fireworks last night, almost as nice at Tony's, at the beach - it was nice - this kids loved it. They are all still sleeping. Today there is a parade, and celebrations, good times. I am going to stay near a lake I think.

Sunshine, I like thrillers, and espionage, the odd scary book thrown in there. I usually steer clear of the Oprah books. Nothing sad, I don't want to go to sleep sad every night. I dabble in the classics when the mood hits.
                Bird, it does sound like you are in a pickle - kids are so amazing, you never know what they will say. I hope you find the best solution soon, so you can move forward.
                Nora, thanks, eh !
                Vicki, have fun in Florida.
                Bizman, I am right there with you buddy, sober for life.
                Ruby, I am sorry to hear about all the damage. What feckers. Is there a legal avenue to pursue?
                Mama, once again I cannot say how bad I feel for the murdered lady, and for her family and friends - yourself included. This arsehole better fry.
                Melissa, I hope you are doing well. I need to figure out this time zone thing here. It is 7AM, EST for me. What time is it for you? Perhpas we could chat one time, if ever we are up at the same time.

Take care everyone,
                Hill
                Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Hi all
                  Gosh that sux MB about all that. Happy Birthday to Grateful late. Have homework now and also my kid bday 13. Kids have friend over spending night, played at coffee shop last nite. Garden is a mess...

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
                    DEAR GRATEFUL!
                    XOX
                    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Oh, me! When does Hubs vacation end!!? :H He's at Lowes again now, his home away from home, but will be back soon to collect me. I think he just really doesn't want to be down there alone. We got a lot done yesterday. Hill, I talked to the county sheriff about the damage (he's more of my branch kin!) and we agreed it would cause both of us a lot of trouble and money to pursue them criminally, but I will be going Tuesday to get a judgement against them. He also now is aware of them, and even mentioned maybe Social Services should be made aware of them, (he has a total of FIVE children), but that would only hurt the children. The utitility companies are looking for them, as will be several creditors since they left no forwarding address. Luckily, I get TONS of info from people before they move in, so it's fairly easy to track them down, and I will.
                      This is a minor annoyance compared to MB's experience. That trauma is something I couldn't deal with but once. Life is too short to live it in fear and misery, if we can help it in any way. It's so amazing to me how my priorities and dreams have changed, even in the last decade (NO, Sun, NOT the last CENTURY!). 'Be careful what you wish for' is SO true. I'm really trying to convince Hubs, economy or not, it's time to downsize NOW, while we can enjoy ourselves a little bit. MB, I truly think your employer should provide you with counselling to deal with what you went through.
                      Busy day off course, but I hope you all have wonderful holidays, take some time to think about the meaning of the day, and are safe and sober. Spend time with your family, if possible. I think we'll go down to the little town nearby and watch the fireworks over the river. Always beautiful, and so 'Mayberry'.
                      Later, loves!
                      sigpic
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Morning Jammers. Just going to blurt it out. I have been sleeping since late yesterday-in between waking for water and beating myself up over my dive into the bottle Thursday night and Saturday morning. I bought a 6 of beer, 750ml wine and 750 of Allyse--intending for it to be for the weekend. Didn't go that way at all. I'm so ashamed of myself. One might think this should be decision time, but I keep thinking I am 90% better than I was a year ago--and I am but is 90% good enough. I know only my decision to make. I've been dreaming of my kids a lot lately. I guess with my daughter's upcoming wedding. The dreams are always fun, loving and cuddly like we used to be. I wake up with such longing for them. Although I try to move forward these dreams and holidays just bring the pain and loss right in face all over. I know many of you don't understand the whole story but I just wanted you know where I am at. I'm ok and not going to jump into drinking like I was but God help me please. Sorry to be a downer guys. I wish you could all be here to give me those hugs for real. Must jump in the shower and off to work. Wishing you all peace and strength. xo
                        Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Honey, I've been so worried about you, but just wanted to wait til you wanted to talk. You know I care about you, and I know what a gem you are, so let's work on this together. Try to think back to what you were thinking when you bought the AL, and work on those feelings to plan against them when they come up. I know what a loss you feel, but we can't do anything about the past but learn from it. Take care of yourself today, get lots of fluids, and stop beating yourself up. You're here, and brave enough to talk about this, so don't be afraid to let your beautiful spirit shine. AL only muddies it, right? (((:hug))
                          sigpic

Comment

RC - I was trying to think of what to say and then I saw Ruby's post. She's got it right. :l Hang in there sweetie. I love you.....
                            I remember one night I was chatting with you and I was questioning because I wanted to try to drink again.....you told me the same thing that you just told yourself
                            One might think this should be decision time, but I keep thinking I am 90% better than I was a year ago--and I am but is 90% good enough. I know only my decision to make.
                            You are a very wise woman. Be kind to yourself. :h:h
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey, Nora. Hope you and the family have a fun, happy, safe 4th of July!
                              sigpic

Comment

hello precious family....lolling in the bed ...then off to grocery shop...
                                Rubes I promise to take your advice....I will seek counseling if I think I need it.
                                RC - baby - I completely understand and you ARE 90% better...I still have good days and bad.....I am not AF, but I am 90% better too.
                                Nora - it is so nice to see you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                And Birdie- I am glad the house was nasty. You are happy where you are. Loved the pics and your girls DO look like twins!!
                                Hey Hill - hope you are having a good weekend

HAPPY FOURTH EVERYONE........BE SAFE AND SOBER
                                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                                X