The Sugar Free Challenge - Who is in??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

myhappyplace;1417655 wrote: Confession time....big fat chips and a squirt of tomato sauce and the squirty mustard...my bad...

No chocolate or cakes though...so keeping to that one...
    Did you forget about the sugar in condiments or did you just hit the fuck it button?
    I came close the other night. I love ketchup with fries.:upset:
    It's truly a crime that sugar is in just about everything, never mind resisting sweet indulgences. Bah....

Still on track though.
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

make your own ketchup. there are tons of recipes online, and it's super easy.
      10-06-2012

Comment

Good point Betty. Could you recommend one that tastes similar to Heinz? As a healthier choice to Heinz (gmo tomatoes) I used to use Simply Organics brand, which was quite good.

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

i just blend up organic whole tomatoes (canned) and make sure they are drained well. add whatever floats my husband's boat (i don't use it)...like any kind of vinegar, or hot sauce, some fresh garlic, basil or any fresh herb. no sugar!
          you have to make sure the tomaotes are drained really well, or it get's really watery...you could use paste as well and just add what sounds good. i don't use recipes!
          10-06-2012

Comment

RingingCedars;1417689 wrote: Did you forget about the sugar in condiments or did you just hit the fuck it button?
            Fuck it button. And generally I wouldnt have even had chips...and yeah we do make salsa's and have a freezer full of tomatoes and jars of stuff we've made. But given the alternative a tablespoon of sauce and mustard - which was just THERE in front of me - was an easy option.

I'd passed on a chocolate tart, macarons and a brulee that looked pretty damn good at lunch....

Really justifying myself now, arent I? :H

Comment

Just thought of something. Doing my diet diary CK thing Bridge put up and yesterday was the only day I didnt have protein for breakfast...and I just felt deprived all day...any link? or is it all in my head?

Comment

Not real scientific response here Monkey but I'll take a stab. It depends on whether the crave is psychological, emotional or nutritional. If it's a nutritional lack and we're accustomed to satisfying it with a quick fix then yes I'd say that missing protein created a perceived deficiency in your body. I call it a "blood fullness" so cravings are not as strong otherwise. Make any sense?

Betty I don't do recipes either except to look at one and take free reign from there. I think I can manage without the ketchup for now. I've been known to look at ingredients on a product label and see what I can come up with without all the added crap.

Had a wicked chocolate craving yesterday. Road it out with a tea and smoke. How healthy is that??:H

Another thought, it's always recommended to have a bit of protein at the start of the day to get the metabolism revved up. Just a small handful of nuts will do.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Speaking of fuck it buttons, I gave it a little slap last night as well.
                  But it's OK.....
                  Because I'm going to take a stab at Atkins.
                  Have had some success with the plan before, and it seems to fit very well with what we're trying to acheive here too.

Hope everyone is going well with it, and feeling great.
                  If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1418424 wrote: Speaking of fuck it buttons, I gave it a little slap last night as well.
                    But it's OK.....
                    Because I'm going to take a stab at Atkins.
                    Have had some success with the plan before, and it seems to fit very well with what we're trying to acheive here too.

Hope everyone is going well with it, and feeling great.
                    Go Paleo Bridge. It's Atkins on steroids!
                    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

techie;1418441 wrote: Go Paleo Bridge. It's Atkins on steroids!
                      Really?
                      Wouldn't weight loss be slower because of the carbs?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1418443 wrote: Really?
                        Wouldn't weight loss be slower because of the carbs?
                        The ONLY carbs are from veggies!
                        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Agree with Techie, Bridge. Atkins is a cheat diet imo.
                          I really and truly think that fuck it button is dangled on a string from the full moon.
                          Any reportage on agave??

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Where has Doggygirl disappeared to? She's been MIA for a week.

Comment

techie;1418450 wrote: The ONLY carbs are from veggies!
                              And fruit?
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

RingingCedars;1418451 wrote: Agree with Techie, Bridge. Atkins is a cheat diet imo.
                                I really and truly think that fuck it button is dangled on a string from the full moon.
                                Any reportage on agave??
                                Tastes a bit like honey? Sort of? I'm pretty sure I still get a bit of a buzz out of it BSL wise, but it's a great substitute.
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X