Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X-post Nora
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly -- you will get through this...sounds like maybe PAWS is kicking in which is where we can become weak!
      Everyone - when you have the time please listen to the episode on the bubble hour called::
      Early Sobriety- Am I Ever going to feel better. There you will hear from 3 women about their journey. I didn't know that PAWS can creep up at all stages of recovery...even for some a few years after!! Wow that was huge for me as well as what to do when you are thinking about having "just one drink"....she suggested to write out what will happen if you do take that first drink..we all know it will end badly.
      I think the reinforcement of sharing here with all of you and listening over and over to those episodes as well as reading blogs is helping me for sure. Yes it's time consuming but worth it..SS what is your blog name?
      Happy Sober Monday...peace and love to all!!

Comment

Hi, my blog is grannygetssober.blogspot.ca

I hate to see you guys struggling with cravings, moods, ear pain etc. Time is the healer but it sure doesn't help to know that when in the midst of it. I know I can be blindsided at any time so me having an easy time right now means absolutely nothing.

I love the bubble hour. Right now my computer is acting up and hiding the top of my pages so I can't log in to most sites or press reply on my email. Don't know what happened. I'll try to get it going so I can post on my blog.
        "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
        Lao-Tzu

Comment

SS, Try hitting the F11 key on your keyboard. If that doesn't work, restart you computer. 90% of the issues can be resolved with a restart.

Comment

Ginger do you think your ear problem is vertigo? I had it really bad a while back and still have a mild case of it.
            Ss thanks...read some blogs last night and want to get into yours.
            Tossed/turned most of the night. Do wish melatonin and/or 5-htp worked for me but doesn't seem to help. Was prescribed gabapentin for hot flashes that I am to take at night. It works for sleep but I don't wang to become dependant on it...always the worry I will become "addicted" to something else..Everyone have a great day!

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this thread but not MWO. I've been on and off the wagon and now am back on with this being day 2. It's crazy how we can convince ourselves we can have just 1 drink after being AF for a while......only to find ourselves miserable and wondering WTF happened.

Day 1 is done, now it's on to day 2! Looking forward to going through the journey with you all...

Don

Comment

Hi Uncorked, I'm not dizzy so I don't think it's vertigo. It feels more like my entire head is congested. That's why I'm bummed that the decongestant didn't work. Just seemed like it should have. If I ever get to the bottom of this, I'll pass along to all.

Anyway... Enough whining from me. Today is 16 days AF and whooshing or no whooshing I'm happy about that!

Comment

Hi all and welcome Don. Since you've no doubt read through the thread you'll know that you are among friends, who, like yourself have convinced themselves one too many times that they can moderate. That's a joke... Stay close and come back often even if you slip up. That's the key.

Got the computer working again. A restart did not work but son # 1 took 2 minutes to figure it out.

Loving the blogging. It is very therapeutic. Even more so, love reading the other sober blogs. There is a myriad of like-minded people out there in cyber space and what they blog about is exactly what we go through on a day to day basis. MWO will always be my security blanket though. I feel like I know people here.

Day 26 for me. Saturday will be the day I surpass my personal best (also my son's birthday). Maybe a little reward is in order... I won't even joke about having a drink to celebrate as the last time I joked about it, I actually did it. Duh!!

I joined the 100 day abstinence challenge that a lovely British lady called Belle runs from her blog called tiredofthinkingaboutdrinking.blogspot.ca

She sends you an encouraging email daily and sends you corresponding PDF copies of her blog entries for each month you are sober. Another incentive!!

On Saturday, I made a cup of tea, put on some music and sat still without a book, knitting or anything to occupy my time. I challenged myself to sit still for fifteen minutes. I found myself coming up with all kinds of brilliant ideas and the seed of a book I will write was planted.

So many good things come from being sober.
                  Lao-Tzu

Comment

Sobersoul, you are doing great....hope you do or get something nice to celebrate.
                    Just a question; was starting to read your blog and others, then it mentions subscribing....does that mean a payment or to just join in?
                    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Subscribing just means that an email will be sent to you whenever a new post is published. No money to be paid... but if you want to pay me I would be more than happy to oblige. LOL... kidding of course.

I am getting a little nervous... this is too easy... in the past... I got cocky... and drank... and disappeared...
                      Lao-Tzu

Comment

At least you recognize it Sober. Easy is one thing we just have to avoid getting cocky. At least for me that is when I start thinking that I can have just one, that maybe I don't really have a problem.

Like the Lao-Tzu by the way. Can't figure out how to set up the signature. Or Avatar.
                        “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                        Newbies Nest Roll Call
                        Toolbox
                        Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Orimus, On the far left there is a link called User CP. Click that and you will see a place to edit your signature and avatar.

Welcome Don, I'm new here too and loving the support I find here. Good luck and stay close. I come here every time I feel tempted to have a drink. It has helped me so much!

Hope everyone is having a great AF day!

Comment

Welcome Don,i've seen some of your posts in some older threads,glad to have you here,well on Sunday i had hubs go buy me some beers i don't really like thinking i needed something,i didn't touch them and i'm happy about that,gave them to my daughters bf yesterday just to get them the hell out of the house,SS,you're doing great! don't even joke about a drink,Ginger,i was hoping you'd see the doc for your ear,could it be allergies?my ears go crazy on days mine are acting up,Uncorked,i'm surprised 5 htp or melatonin won't work for you,but we are all different,stuff knocks me out! hubs takes calms forte,but that didnt work for me,i'm hoping and praying that this is the time we all make it you guys,the back and forth is tiring,stay strong tonite
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi SS. In answer to your original question - yes! So glad you are back. Looks like you've started a great conversation. I haven't had time to catch up, but you know how I feel about you. You are my soul-sister. I'll make it a priority to read back. xxoo
                              Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Going to bed.......day 2 is through!

Night all,

Don

Comment

Working...
                                X