Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started reading posts and need to get ready for work. What is the bubble hour.

Comment

Hi - just reading a couple of these posts and wanted to say hello and good luck to everyone!

Whitemarshmom - just a thought, why don't you forget the healthy foods when you are having a craving and go for a treat like ice cream or something sweet that you love. It helped me! Maybe it would for you too. We deserve to give ourselves a treat for awhile while we are getting the AL out of our system!

Meggie the bubble hour is a podcast that has 'shows' about various aspects of giving up drinking - others could describe it better than me, I have not listened to it yet myself but many here have mentioned they get a lot out of it. Apparently you can download a particular show to your mobile device (phone, ipad, whatever) and listen to it whenever you want - taking a walk, driving, etc. - Google it - you'll find it.

Have a great day everyone!

Comment

Don...hang in there and working outside will help!
        Meggie...check out the Bubble Hour which helps me daily. It's people telling their stories and struggles of getting sober...the real deal! You can download the episodes to your computer or mobile device. One of my favorite episodes is the latest about ego and another about early sobriety.
        We have a disease of the brain which tells us we don't have a disease...think about that if you have cravings...and also as Don says no one wants to go back to day one..I can attest to that as it just happened to me recently!
        Peace and love to all of you wonderful souls!

Comment

Hey all,still moving ahead strong,i agree no more day 1's! i'm trying to cultivate an attitude of just living,instead of constantly counting days,just not drinking,hope everyone has a good Thursday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

It's the beginning of day 4 and I feel great! I can feel my body healing and getting rid of the poison. I'm thinking clearer and have positive thoughts instead of negative. I'm getting back to being me....

I'm so glad I was able to step out of the ring with The Beast......he can't beat you up if you don't step into the ring.

Off to do some work outside. Have a great day everyone and Thank You for being here...

Don

Comment

To all the new and old (not that anybody is old here - just sayin') posters..... Thank you for being there. I could no way be on day 18 AF if not for your support. We can do this together. Hope everyone has a great AF day!

Comment

Great job on 18 days Ginger
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Chief, glad you are feeling it! Ginger, way to go!
                  IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                  Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Back dragging myself through day 2 and reflecting on why I'm back on day two. I can actually see a way through the fog, can somewhat make out the people ahead of me as bit by bit I crawl out from the Ape's shadow.
                    “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                    Newbies Nest Roll Call
                    Toolbox
                    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Orimus, I ate my way through the first few nights - and, I enjoyed it! Feeling full really does help. Glad the fog is starting to lift......
                      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Daisy and Orimus and Paulywogg and Ginger and anyone else i have missed.. Thanks for your words of support, I keep telling myself tomorrow, tomorrow, we have a camping trip over Memorial Day Weekend, so im back to telling myself I'll start on Tuesday, it seems for the past 5 days or so, I have been able to cut back. so i hope that continues.. I had some bad anxiety in the middle of the night last night and i think he may have been that i hadnt had enough wine to pass out, could have been Withdrawals, the corp office is out of state . i have to travel some but not often.. love the people, but then again i am isolated in the hotel room at night except the one night we all might go to dinner, I feel like im never going to escape! and when i allow myself to feel, i feel hopeless and I convince myself that every pain, ailment is cancer in the waiting. UGH

Comment

Orimus, hop back on the saddle and stay close. We are all in this together.

Whitemarshmom, when you are ready it will feel like you have no choice. You will be ready but I don't know when. For the sake of your future happiness I hope it's soon. We've all hemmed and hawed and found excuses to continue drinking.

Now that I've quit for good, I just am not interested and don't care what anyone thinks.

Ginger, we are all so proud of you. You are plowing through eh.. Stay in the moment and promise yourself that if the alkie brain starts trying to trick you, you come right here and stay close until the craving passes.

Daisy, Paullywogg, Don and the rest of the crew, so glad you are here with us. I am camping at the site we are building on and there is no internet so I have to steal a WiFi connection every time I get the chance. I don't want to fall off the wagon due to lack of communication.

xxo
                          "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                          Lao-Tzu

Comment

Spent all day mowing and working outside. Had a couple strong cravings and Beast thoughts but would not have any of that......just kept pushing through and telling myself "no more day 1".

Day 4 is over and I feel good. I'm proud of myself. Ginger, great job on day 18! Keep it going....don't let the Beast suck you in. I'm following you....

Whitemarsh, for me it got to the point where drinking hurt more and was harder than quitting. I think you're close....

Orimus, keep those fog lights on and keep going. Follow my tail lights...

Thanks for everyone's support...

Don

Comment

Orimus...I fell off the wagon at day 12.. as I said here just picked myself up and started again.
                              Great job Ginger and SS! Everyone I am traveling and also will be in/out of internet but will hold you all close in my heart. I was short tempered a couple of times today which is just part of recovery. Wish you all a safe weekend and come here for support as many will still be able to post...have fun camping SS...we are all there with you in spirit!

Comment

I'm glad to hear from some of you that being crabby is a side affect of alcohol brain. I have been off and on and it is really not like me to be snippy like that. If not for you guys and all your wisdom, I know I'd be right back at by now. Living through this whooshing ear/stuffed up head thing without hitting the bottle can only be because of all of you holding me up!! Thanks....

Comment

Working...
                                X