Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all,you know i was thinking that i wish there were a thread where long-timers posted how they felt at each step of the way,i never really know if how i feel is normal or if i'm going nuts,i always thought that by 30 days i'd feel great,i didn't,so i went for 40 still felt kinda shitty,went for more made it to 48 then kinda gave up in a way,now reading around i see it takes waaay longer to truly feel better,so i'm giving that a shot,have a good Memorial weekend,,,take time to thank a Vet
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi all,
      Pauly, I have always done the same .... Seems I haven't been giving it enough time

Comment

Day 6 here and feeling great!

Comment

That's great, Chief! I made it through an AL gathering AF. Whew.... Glad that's over.

Comment

Orimus, keep those fog lights on and keep going. Follow my tail lights

Chief- that is some of the most helpful advice I have ever readn...
            Hugs
            :l
            On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
            *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

I've been reading this thread in between packing, looking at cars and visiting with friends!

I am on my like 6th time trying to go AF since 2008! I was thinking something was wrong with me....I couldn't get past a month before my beer brain would start working in over drive....it doesn't help that I live in a HUGE drinking city, (Chicago), and my husband loves to drink beer too..
              After my father died of cancer in 2012....I REALLY started up again....went from AF...to 8 to 10 beers a DAY!!! (I am a small female with a bad stomach....so imagine)!
              I started to have pain in my gut within a few months......fast forward to about 2 months ago....and I was bloated, pale, shaking.....and with probably alcoholic hepatitis, (I for SURE had a fatty liver...probably still do).

SO here I am.....on my 3rd week. I slipped twice.....both times when I was under terrible stress. I am hoping I "get it" this time. I don't want to die because of something as stupid as not being able to stop drinking beer daily...I'd rather get hit by a meteor....fall of a mountain I was climbing......get bitten by a rare skeeter.....anything but alcoholic liver disease.
              I just wish i wasn't so damn stubborn AGAINST myself!!!

Back to reading.....

Comment

Welcome Corn! You've come to the right place. Great job on 6 days. You can do this and MWO can help. I've never gotten this far down the dry road until joining MWO. There is so much support and no guilt when we slip. Today is my 21st day AF and I'd never be here if not for all the support I've received here. Good luck with your journey and stay close!!

Comment

Hi All, getting back on after so many quits. Definitely not a newbie so fully aware of what the next week or so brings. Glad there's a thread devoted to those of us that achieved, lost, and want to achieve again even if it's been been an over and over cycle. A simple solution (no drinking) to an incredibly complicated equation (life).
                  2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Day 7 and feeling good. Of course I have cravings and Beast thoughts but I am relentless in my vow to myself to NEVER go through this again. I am in control of what I do....no one else...just me. I will not allow anyone or anything change my mind.......it's just as simple as that.

Let's all do this.

As a 20 year Navy veteran I ask you all to remember our fallen heros tomorrow. Let's beat The Beast for them....

Don

Comment

Thanks for the reminder, Chief. Great job on day 7!

Comment

Made it tbrough the weekend unscathed,however i swear everywhere i looked people were either drinking or buying booze,feckers! i'm with Don though,i'm tired of this bullshit,i was looking at my journal for this year and i've been "recovering"too many fucking times,it's absolutely ridiculous,this was supposed to be MY year,last year i did pretty good,this one meh,gotta keep it together,no matter what,no matter who,have a good Memorial Day
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Well I think I could feel very at home here. I'm so tired of failing. I'm not sure how I should feel each step of the way either.

Comment

Hi all my fellow travelers! Polly I get it totally.! I'm on a very busy sports trip with kids where I cannot drink but I have been on my broom so to speak absolutely irritable as hell..taking anything and everything personally which just stinks..just keep trying to remind myself this is recovery and that I AM a good person! I hope this part goes away soon but as they say putting down the drink is only part of the process..now its time to not only work on myself but more importantly BE KIND to myself...so to all of you ...give yourself some love today...
                            And..A heartfelt thanks to all those who served and serve our country...without them there would be no freedom!

Comment

Hello to Lizann an Corn. Chief, you are clocking up those days .....
                              IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                              Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Lizann... Good peeps hanging out on this thread. Welcome!

Comment

Working...
                                X