Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 8 and feeling great. Had a great Memorial Day picnic with no booze and I did not miss it....in fact I was so aware of the people and things around me that I would have not noticed if I were drinking. I would have just been thinking about my next drink.

I was at our Memorial Day Parade this morning and a guy next to me just reeked of stale alcohol from the night before and it made me want to puke.....and I wondered how many times I smelled like that and other people noticed......I'm so glad I'm done with that....

The Beast cannot touch you if you don't step into the ring with him.

Let's all do this together.

Don

Comment

I'm feeling strong today. I can do this today.
      I'm actually headed off to the doctor this morning. Have had laryngitis for the better part of a week now. Thanks for helping me on my journey. I'm going to do it this time!

Comment

I love you Pauly! I feel exactly as you, I can so identify with you. Hang in there.

Comment

MAE everyone! Hope you all have a great AF day. We are heading out on Wednesday afternoon for a 5 day camping trip with a group of friends. These camping trips end with an evening of (too many) drinks around the campfire and the next morning nursing a hangover. I always drank (using pastense here) even more on these trips. Today is 23 AF days for me. I won't have WIFI until I get back on Tuesday so I hope I'm ready. If you think of me....send me some AF energy. I'm going to need it!!

Glad you are out there!!

Comment

Hey all,have a fun trip Ginger,ugh i don't think i could go camping yet,waaay too many associations with drinking for me,also concerts for right now are a no-go,day 10 today,my 1000th day ten,i wish i felt as good as Don but i feel,headachy,grouchy,i think it's p.m.s AGAIN,this shit always knocks me down,well not always but has been lately,i was jealous of hubs yesterday drinking his beer,but i do not want to feel how i felt this last drinking bout,shoot i wonder why i'm tired,look at all my body has to recover from,it's almost like getting beat up internally,well got to get ready for workhave a good,sober Tuesday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good for you Pauly! Ten days is awesome!!!!

Comment

MAE everyone!! I just realized.... MWO has become my "go to" evening activity when I'd usually be starting my nightly drinking. Wow!

Hope you are have a great evening.

Comment

Pauly , nice to get to double figures! Well done!
                  Chief, you sound good - how many people have I sat or stood beside in the past that thought I 'reeked' of stale alcohol?! Wouldn't like to know..........
                  Heading to bed now and feeling better every day - night all and have a good one tomorrow!
                  IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                  Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Day 9 and happy to be a part of this group. We are doing it. Don't let anything change your mind.....camping, concerts, picnics, reunions....anything! Nothing is more important than this....nothing.

Any thoughts of drinking or caving in are the voice of The Beast trying to con you.....trying to make you think you're weak. Well, we're NOT weak.....we are totally in charge of what we put in our mouths and down our throats.

Good night everyone......let's do it again tomorrow.

Don

Comment

Hi Folks
                      Well here I am again with another quit. Day 2 just about done and feeling better. I just don't understand why I can't overcome this addiction. I am starting to loose faith that I will ever get it right.
                      I have overcome so many obstacles in life but this one has been the hardest.
                      I love to live an active life but alcohol is slowly trying to rob me of that. I just need to muster up some positive energy to fight back again.
                      Great to read about everyone's successes here.
                      R4L
                      Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

Me too R4L... I'm so sick of counting days it's making me grumpy. So I won't and live ODAT for a while til I'm not mad about counting days... Then I will start again.

Comment

Hi, Everyone --

I thought I'd stop by and say hi, and found so many familiar faces! R4L - I feel your frustration. Don't beat yourself up - you can see in your words why this is so hard - it is an addiction. If quitting and addiction were as simple as will power, we would have a lot fewer addicts, that's for sure!

I recommend listening to The Bubble Hour episode called: Special Guest Dr. John Kelly: Changing the Stigma of Addiction through Science. There is a lot of information about why it is hard to quit, and why relapses often occur (there is another great episode on avoiding relapses, too).

Hi to everyone here!

Pav

Comment

x post, BK. Hi, friend!

Comment

Pavati;1665420 wrote: x post, BK. Hi, friend!
                              Hi Pav! Where you been hanging so I can catch up? Taking care of you?

XOXO

Comment

Running4life, good to see you. I am back too! The vibe on these boards right now is very positive, great people and everyone pulling each other along.
                                You have already made the decision so let's get this done!
                                Hi Scotlass, Pav and Bkyogirl.....Chief, you are already being a leading force here.....great to see how positive you are....
                                IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                                Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Working...
                                X