Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least youre honest SG,it does in fact make you feel worse the next day,i hate that feeling! so what do i do?drink again to block out the ugliness,stupid roller coaster of emotions,i'm so glad i have this thread to speak it out loud,i follow two other threads and i love them dearly,but they have rock solid quits,i'm hoping this will be a good outlet just to get this awful honesty out in the open
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'm so glad I found this thread too. If I'm feeling weak, I plan to come and check in with you guys. I'll try and do it before the Mother's Day gig and I'll check in after. Our thing is later in the day so will really push my buttons. UGH....

This morning I woke up and felt just like I do the mornings after I drink. I thought, what the hell is this all about. I sort of felt a little ripped off. Like well if I'm going to feel crappy any way may as well drink. Shook that off and took the dog for a long walk after breakfast. Feel better now. I love being outside and getting exercise!

Comment

Guys, so glad we are all staying close. Spirit Girl, you have 14 days and a hiccup! You should be very proud. I am on hubby's I-pad all weekend si I won't be wordy but rest assured I am still sober and present.

PWogg and everyone else who is struggling, start reading all the sobriety blogs and The Bubble Hour podcasts. They are having a huge positive effect on me right now.

Enough one finger typing for now. The photo on my blogs home page is what I see when I look out the window here at the lake. What a serene place to recover. Stay sober my fellow repeat offenders!
        "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
        Lao-Tzu

Comment

I read your blog last night and felt inspired to keep up the good work! I love your picture on the blog. What a beautiful place. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Hey Guys - Hang in there everybody, I am loving this thread. SS, will read your blog soon as hubby goes back to work. He's off next three days and that's when we plan all our social stuff.

First ever sober sunset cruise on the lake last night. I felt so much clarity, it was amazing. I did feel a little left out of the crowd though, I had a NA beer and one of our neighbors said right away, "Hey, you don't drink beer"! I just laughed it off and didn't really respond and it was fine. Towards the end of the evening they were telling the same jokes we'd all heard many times before. I know I felt better this morning than they did, Ha!

Day 5 today, another test this evening, dinner with Hubby's co-workers. Sticking with unsweetened tea.

Later ya'll, will have more time to post next week, busy weekend and will post here if I'm tempted, I'm going for it!
            "A good garden may have some weeds"
            Thomas Fuller

Comment

Hi Gardener, I see you had a NA beer. I was thinking about trying those for certain situations but wasn't sure that it wouldn't lead to other AL products. You haven't experienced any problems?

Comment

No I haven't Ginger, I even like the taste, it was O ' Doul's. I just put a beer coozie on it and you couldn't tell what kind of beer it was. It didn't make me want anything else. It helped me feel less awkward. Hope that helps you.
                "A good garden may have some weeds"
                Thomas Fuller

Comment

I drink Becks and O'Doulls too with a lemon or lime wedge shoved down the neck of the bottle.. Nice drink that keeps people off my back about abstaining.

I am wearing my big feathery native earrings here at the lake as a reminder to stay in the NOW. I need a physical reminder. Staying present really helps my recovery.

Off to walk on the beach.
                  "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                  Lao-Tzu

Comment

Really having a hard time at the moment staying on track. Who am I kidding - not 'at the moment'. For the past few months. So, I'm going to stick close and hang on tight. :h
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora,i didn't realize you were struggling,but sheesh all the pressure you've had lately,i understand,but we are survivors! we'll get through it
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks all.... I may try it!

NoraC, I'm sorry you are going through hard times. Hang in there.

Paulywogg, We spend several weeks in the winter at Lake Mead. We love all the hiking in that area and the remoteness yet you're so close to all the LV activities if you want to partake.

Comment

Thanks......hanging on but just barely....

Dealing with the day to day but then crashing at night. Really hard right now. :upset::upset::upset:
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora, the physical and mental challenges of craving and not giving in are tough but with time, it gets so much easier. Please believe this. There is no reason we would lie to you. And as bad as they are, they are nothing compared to the pain of a hangover compounded by the inevitable feelings of regret and self-loathing. Then, because you really do want this out of your life, you have to start all over again. You are right on your thread that we do this one step at a time but it is so much better to take each of those steps in the forward direction. It is worth whatever it takes, Nora. :h NS

Comment

The Journey

One day you finally knew
                              what you had to do, and began,
                              though the voices around you
                              kept shouting
                              their bad advice--
                              though the whole house
                              began to tremble
                              and you felt the old tug
                              at your ankles.
                              "Mend my life!"
                              each voice cried.
                              But you didn't stop.
                              You knew what you had to do,
                              though the wind pried
                              with its stiff fingers
                              at the very foundations,
                              though their melancholy
                              was terrible.
                              It was already late
                              enough, and a wild night,
                              and the road full of fallen
                              branches and stones.
                              But little by little,
                              as you left their voices behind,
                              the stars began to burn
                              through the sheets of clouds,
                              and there was a new voice
                              which you slowly
                              recognized as your own,
                              that kept you company
                              as you strode deeper and deeper
                              into the world,
                              determined to do
                              the only thing you could do--
                              determined to save
                              the only life you could save.

Mary Oliver

Comment

Just checking in this morning....
                                NoraC, sending loads of energy your way. Know that you are in my thoughts today. Hang in there.
                                NoSugar, Thank you for sharing that poem.
                                Hope everyone has a great AF day.

Comment

Working...
                                X