No announcement yet.

One Step at a time - January 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well gang..the hits keep coming. Tucky just called in absolute hysterics and told me her Poppa has two weeks to live as he is full of cancer and could she take a leave. I called my boss. She was very sweet and concerned but said no leave was available as she has missed so much time. If she needs to take time off, we understand, but it will be unpaid. SIGH....I thought 2015 was gonna be a great year.......
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hey all,Mama, poor Tucky cancer blows!not sure what I have on the agenda today, slept in for once so the day feels half over anyways, hubs bought a SUV from work but it needs work so that's what he's up to,ho-hum,back later peeps
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello GradeT - nice to meet you.

I haven't read back yet. Worked for a few hours this morning. Think we are pretty well ready for the pre-assessment audit on Monday. (Fingers crossed )

Went out to dinner last night with my cousin's partner (my cousin who passed away) and my niece and great niece and my son & his girlfriend and one of my cousin's daughter and her boyfriend. FUN!!! My 'cousin-in-law' was in town on business and so we all hooked up and went to Portillo's. Well known hot dog place that started in Chicago. We had a blast. Great to be out and laughing. They all laughed at me ordering the famous hot dog without the dog. LMAO

Ok - going to read back......I'll be back.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey Nora!! So what was on the"dogless hot dog?" My goodness I was using my e-cig yesterday and I think it's harsher than the real ones,my chest is all congested and by gross
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hey Nora!! Glad you are audit ready. So stressful!

Comment

Hey all,
              Bought myself a new phone today. Got the Samsung Note 4 so I have the latest and greatest toy....hubbs about burst a seam but I dont care. I love the toys and we live modestly for the most part and my car is almost 10 years old....and I wanted it!!!!
              In for the evening.
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Sounds like everyone is doing good!
                Mama sorry about Tucky, boy do I get it!
                Nora, sounds like a really good time. Good for you, you deserve it. What was on the dog less hot dog. We went to ikea tonight and had 50 cent hot dogs!
                Dottie good for you on the new phone. Don't feel guilty!
                So we bought a counter top! Granite, black and gray. Hopefully we will be able to take out the old counter next week. Then they will make a template and new countertop should be in about seven days later. No kitchen for a week! Bought new glasses for the kitchen too at ikea. Really wanted to buy the wine glasses, but didn't. So I bought lingenberry apple sparkling cider. Popped that bottle and poured it into a wine glass. Not too bad.

Comment

Morning everyone,
                  Well WAKE UP time to rise and shine....ok I am up because I am off to church otherwise I would be asleep.
                  Gloomy and cold, perfect for sleeping...
                  I will be back later to see what u all are up to.
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Me too Dottie, up and ready for church. I'll check back later.

Comment

Hey all. Son has my computer, so I am typing on my computer. Nana now has c diff infection. Sigh

Comment

Good news on the phone Dots. Glad you had a good day shopping Lizz

Comment

Mama, what are they giving nana for c diff? It is a somewhat difficult thing to treat. Wishing her a speedy recovery.

Comment

I have no idea Lizz

Comment

We went out to lunch then shopping for a jacked for dh. His winter jacket is looking pretty shabby so we cashed in on my 30% off at Kohls and the coat was half off too so we did good.
                              Raining and supposed to turn to snow later tonight. So glad I dont have to fight rush hour traffic....gym is just down the street and by noon they will have the streets cleaned up....

I have been hearing of so many old folks in the hospital getting cDif. It is nasty stuff. I hope she gets better soon.

I will be around all night since TV will pretty much suck for a while yet. OH well I have lots I can find on the Internet.
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Thanks Dots

Comment

Working...
                                X