No announcement yet.

One Step at a time - January 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rusty I am an only child and we lived where there weren't may kids and I was so shy. Didn't come out of my shell until I was an adult. I think since I didn't have much experience with how to make friends I didn't trust folks and I still dont to some degree. I am better than I was but I am guarded. It is easier here for some reason...thoughts on that??
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

I think it's because we feel safe. I have told ya'll stuff I haven't told anybody! And we all know I'm NOT shy!!
      I'll say a prayer for you and your mother tonight:heartbeat:
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Dottie:hug: I think the loneliness you felt as an only child is very common among people who had no siblings...especially if you live in a place where there aren't many kids around and your parents don't take/don't have the time to transport you to community/school activities. I have friends who have just one son and he is plagued with a number of "issues" and he has just one friend, and it's because his shyness has crippled him since he was a little boy. Because they'll never have grandchildren, holidays like Christmas and Easter bring them only sadness. My ex-boyfriend, the lawyer (how the hell did he get through law school??) had five kids and he always used to say that only children were spoiled. Not the case...they are enveloped in loneliness and because they don't have siblings, they don't naturally learn how to interact with other kids. Ignorant guy he was...glad I dumped him!:yay::applouse:

It seems like you are really active in your church now, which can be a great place to meet people, but again, if you're shy and have difficulty trusting, it's difficult to make new friends and maintain those friendships. Your church friends obviously know you as an honest, supportive and unselfish person since you volunteer your time at church activities. Nothing wrong with being a little distrustful.

I had the opposite problem... I was TOO trusting, and took people at face value, and boy did I get stung a number of times earlier in my life and throughout my careers.

The great thing about MWO is that we can be honest with each other, and if things don't work out, we don't have to log on...because people don't "know" us, and can't hurt us as long as we don't get "personally" involved as you would in an in-person relationship. Also, like MamaB, I am NOT shy at all, and yet I guard my drinking past with my life. The majority of my friends know NOTHING about it, because I hid it so well. I am an extremely private person, which is why I have not revealed my real name on here. It's my safe haven.:happy2:

Comment

Beautiful post Rusty. I know your real name and going to put it all over Facebook!! JK...I would NEVER do that!
          Home with KFC pot pies and get lost in Scandal. Hubs is at the hospital again and I miss him.
          No drinking tonight.....going to watch my show and crash.
          Love you all......

Comment

mama, you weren't supposed to tell anyone that you know my real name. Does confidential information mean anything to you?????osteroops:lease: LOL

Comment

You all are making me laugh.....RUSTY!!!!

Dottie - thinking of you today! :heartbeat:

I did not go to work today....mental health day??? Whatever - I just couldn't manage to deal with anyone. Having a hard time dealing with hubby. I finally had harsh words with him and told him to call his DAD!!!!
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Seriously though - I am sorry that I am not up to date with you all.....I will be soon.....I promise!!!!!!!!
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora:hug: Good job for taking a mental health day...and for telling dh to call his dad!!:goodjob: Great to see you here....thinking of you tonight. Back to the gym. Ate cherry twizlers today....cuz I was a piggy pooh and was having sugar cravings....yum, they were satisfied. Hahahahah. Night night, friends.

Comment

I have one good friend and a few friends all from church. Hubs has the same problem so I think that is why we are good for each other.
                    Stayed in tonight. He made dinner and we just chilled. He goes to doctor about the hernia tomorrow. I am afraid he will want to operate on it and I am trying to find a way to strengthen the muscles so it can fix itself but maybe it cant be done. Hate the idea of surgery....
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Called in sick for tomorrow. Threw up my dinner, fever and major congestion. Checkin with you all tomorrow

Comment

Dottie, fingers crossed that your dh does not need surgery. Always something to worry about, huh? I have a few very good friends, but none left from my childhood. The friends I have now are ones that I've made in the last 10 years.

I am glad you and your husband found each other, and you just chilled tonight.:hug:

Comment

Morning loves
                          Lizz....get better!!!
                          Dots, I am glad you have dh too.....good luck at the doctor today
                          Nora, sometimes getting it all out helps so much!!
                          Rusty, I love having you around!
                          Pauly - hope you are ok

Comment

ps...I am having my very first , ever, ever facial today.
                            It's a gift card from last year's birthday that I am finally using!

Comment

Mama:heartbeat:I love being here with you. We've been buds since we first "met." 5 years (next month) we've known each other...OMG where did the time fly??? Enjoy your facial...I LOVE facials! So relaxing!!!

Lizz and K9, I hope you both are feeling better!!

Pauly-please check in.

Comment

Mama facial sounds wonderful! Rusty excellent post. I feel safe here and like mama shared things here no one else knows. I am shy and don't make friends easily.
                                Erin called this morning, she has a flat tire. Her hubby took her to work. I will pick her up and my hubby will deal with the flat. She still needs her mommy and daddy.
                                My dad was here yesterday and according to mom he's not feeling great. She's worried about him. He'll be 86 in March. Always something. Say a prayer for daddy please?
                                Waiting for the counter top guy this morning.
                                Happy Thursday my loves.

Comment

Working...
                                X