Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Aw G, sorry you drank & are feeling down
    You know, you've always known what you have to do and are strong & absolutely can achieve what you set your heart & mind on doing.

I would send good healing vibes & strength but I really don't need to - you already have everything you need (but perhaps just forget sometimes?!) You've got this buddy & we're all right here with you
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wildflower.
    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
    And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Thanks LS. That means a lot. This potential romance thing (very early days still and i don't know what she's thinking) is doing my head in when i think about it. I really need to just chill and look after myself and not put any expectations on the situation. I almost blew it as i was so close to texting her with a 'forget about me' loser message, but so glad i didn't. My self sabotage thinking was scary.

I know i have the tools within. All i can do is follow my daily workout.self care plan and keep an eye on my thinking. It's almost 5 pm monday night here. Tomorrow is day 2 and i'll begin my new workout routine. Hope all's good with you.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Your sounding in a really good place on day 1! Focused, determined & positive!

The alkie in me can relate, as we often feel 'not good enough' otherwise why would we drink? Your a good man & any lady would be lucky to have you in their life - in fact she'd have to be damn fine to pass the vetting team at myo!

The non alkie in me though knows (& loves!) the excitement & unknown of the early days vs the safety & security of a more long term relationship, you never get that excitement back later on but it is replaced with something else I guess.
        Me & non alkie friends chat about how the 'uncertainty' is a killer & the possibility of rejection gets harder as we get fucking older too!!! So we're kinda at a place where we agree it's trying not to overinvest in the early days & enjoy it for what it is bloody difficult if you ask me!!!

[MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] mentioned in his thread about all those feel good vibes - I am a junkie for those too & have to be careful myself - I guess once an addict, always an addict...

Making some headway this end on the AF front thanks, not long admittedly but my heads in the best place it's been for a while, even under some crazy circumstances We will get there x
        Last edited by Lost Soul; June 5, 2017, 02:31 AM.
        To see a world in a grain of sand
        And a heaven in a wildflower.
        Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
        And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Well done G, That was me 26 days ago and been AF & NF since. $1300 saved. First 3-4 days aren't much fun,never are. Getting mass headaches/confusion today,even last week so it is still a battle everyday for me. Got a couple of new supps to try out for my diet .

Comment

Thanks Neo. Congrats on 26 days mate. I hope those headaches disappear real soon. Doesn't sound like much fun. All the best with the new supps and diet.

LS. Thanks for your kind words. This woman is damn fine and def a keeper if she lets me get that far. I just need to be my best self that's all, and things will probably roll along nicely. Either way, i'm grateful for the time spent with her so far. This is it for me with my sobriety. I really have a lot to lose now if i just disappear into the abyss drinking. I know what will happen then. I will cut all ties like a fool out of self pity. Well, no more self pity, no more putting myself down. Time for self love, self care and self respect from right now. I need to up my game and commitment from now on. This is war. I am summoning the warrior within, and not the worrier. I will take no prisoners.
            Last edited by Guitarista; June 5, 2017, 03:10 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

One thing I added to my diet 4 days ago was Vit D and I think it's helping me sleep and feel more relaxed. Had 1 an hr ago with tea and felt better. I also don't get much sun. I trade US markets during night so I may be onto something. I also put thiamine tabs in there too so will see what happens
              Last edited by Neo; June 5, 2017, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                I could do with a little encouragement and hope right now. Thanks.

Here i am in real life as a Mister mental health supporting others to look after their mental and physical health and go for their dreams as life is short. And now look at me. What a fucken fake. A big very sick joke. I have had enough of self inflicting pain on myself and feeling like this. Tomorrow is another day. I just need to get through this day.

Gawd, imagine if my new lady friend were to read this. Pull ur finger out pal and get with the program! That's more than enough of my whingeing.
                [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION], you have my total unconditional support! You are no fake, Sir! You are so real it comes busting thru your posts each and every time. We are dealing with alcohol- cunning, baffling, powerful. You must never forget that and must use the knowledge to beat it at its own game! I can surely understand how the excitement and uncertainty that has been stirred up with this new relationship could have put you off balance. But today is a new day and you are back up on your feet. You are in it for the long run now.
                Last edited by dill; June 5, 2017, 05:21 AM. Reason: typo
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks Dill. I appreciate your words. Yes, AL is a cunning foe. This is war and i am in warrior mode. I have to be.

Comment

Mr G., sending you encouragement and support. You are truly a warrior and have the tools to get through this and power on. You deserve the best and are a wonderful person. Please keep posting and letting us be part of your journey.

Comment

Thanks Snoopy. What lovely words. Will do. The beautiful words of support and encouragement from you all is really helping my spirit. I def don't feel alone. Thank you.

Comment

Hey there G-man - you are most definitely NOT alone. I know most of us (if not all) feel your disappointment and GSR. That being said, we also know how strong and lovely you are! And you're incredible capabilities! Keep that warrior mind frame front and center. It's easy to see why the new lady would want to pursue you - you offer encouragement, compassion, humor and humility. Smooches for you today dear friend. :hug:
                        Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Ah shucks Marylou. Thanks. Will do.

In fact, i've just turned my phone on and lady friend has messaged me to see if i want to meet up tomorrow night which will be my day 2. I'd better get out the face mask and beauty products. :yikes:

My spirits have lifted with the encouraging words from you guys.

Comment

Mr.G,I loved the fighting spirit posts! We hafta fight..it really shouldn't be so goddamn hard but it is,I understand that "I'm a loser forget about me" feeling while drinking, thats why even though I feel mentally out of it with the loss of my brother, I can't even imagine what kind of shit would be going through my head if I had been or still drinking now! Sheer craziness that I am not gonna put myself through! Armour up my friend,let's fight this fight and keep our swords up
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                              Mr.G,I loved the fighting spirit posts! We hafta fight..it really shouldn't be so goddamn hard but it is,I understand that "I'm a loser forget about me" feeling while drinking, thats why even though I feel mentally out of it with the loss of my brother, I can't even imagine what kind of shit would be going through my head if I had been or still drinking now! Sheer craziness that I am not gonna put myself through! Armour up my friend,let's fight this fight and keep our swords up
                              Right on Pauly. You are a warrior yourself, big time. It is sheer craziness isn't it? It is just pure pain and not something we need to put ourselves through ever again. Thanks for your words and sharing your amazing fighting spirit.

Comment

Sending a new sword I just honed, and a new shield to the warrior. Here's to strength. I certainly understand the fear and shame that trying to bring you down. Don't let that bastard AL win. marktwain1.jpeg

Comment

Working...
                                X