Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Originally posted by techie View Post
    Hope all is well, G-Man. Oh yes. Wim Hof. Love the breathing exercises, but the ice, freezing water doesn't work for me. However, I may give it another go. Peace!
    Yo Techie! I mainly jump into the sea in winter for the mental health effects. Kinda like breaking through a mental barrier. Bonus is i feel warm and energised after it. I don't stay in long though!

Originally posted by fickle View Post
    Howdy Mr G,
    You Rock!!
    :banana-computer:
    Love ficks
    Hiya Ficks! Great to see u. How r u going? X

Originally posted by julia1970 View Post
    hey G, i am from Holland (the Netherlands) like Wim Hof. i did a one day workshop with one of his partners in training and it was great. friends of mine do weekend workshops with him in winter time, they have really gotten into it. which is not for me.
    we had a day of breathing excersises (very intense, they give you a high, thorough relaxation, and then a lot of energy), and then into an ice bath. crazy enough i loved that ice bath. somehow i could just relax and stay in it for minutes and minutes and go heads under.
    before that i already took oly cold showers (except when washing my hair). i do that still. it's very energizing, noradrenaline boost, and is good for resistance. after a shower i jump onto my man with my ice cold body and make him scream
    once i was used to it, i never wanted to go back to daily warm showers.

great your sea diving!

it appears to me that not all of Wim Hof's claims are founded in thruth. but he sure is interesting and inspriring.
    Hi Julia. That's cool, pardon the pun! I am considering cold showers too. Hope ur good.

Day ^%$#! here. Off to work on this cloudy grey sunday. But it's warm in my heart.

Git it pilgrims!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thank G. My daughter has enrolled at University Of Melbourne . Awaiting decision on acceptance to Masters Program. Thank said, I will be visiting. That may present an opportunity for us to meetup. She recently returned from Sydney via Brisbane to LA right before the height of the virus. In other news, I’m an two hours from the Pacific. I’ll start with a cold shower and progress from there. Peace x
      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Wow, cool stuff mate.

All the best to your daughter with the application. It'd be a blast to meet.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Yo s'up fam.

Day 585! Ya feelin me?

Comment

Yes G I certainly am.. day 16 here and feeling pretty good, some black coffee then out into the shining world

Comment

Originally posted by fickle View Post
              Yes G I certainly am.. day 16 here and feeling pretty good, some black coffee then out into the shining world
              Over 2 weeks Ficks. Wowza good buddy! Congratulations and keep it rolling.

Must be Day 587 but i never been one fo countin'.

A few days orf from today. Oh yeah! Gotta git a flu jab for work purposes today. Makes sense and no big deal. Had one last year when i got some travel vax, but hadn't been in the habit of such things over the years. Then it's a run to stretch and relax the body, mind and soul. We're allowed out for 4 reasons - work, exercise, shopping, medical/health/carer support.

Living sober never gits old pardners. Never. It's fab. No limits and a major regular dose of contentment/mind peace. This allows me to also enjoy the happy moments when they come.

Go git it pilgrims. Why not you eh? eh? Git it!

Comment

Heya G,
                Ending day 19 here, going well.. Working on the long walks
                Hope are too! :heartbeat:

Comment

Hiya Ficks.

All is fairly good here C19 considering. Fit and well and family are ok. Day 21 for you? 3 weeks to break a habit? or is it 40 days like the yogies reckon, or maybe 66 days says newer science from the west? usually around 3 months for my head to git on board. Congratulations!

Over here at the beach pad, it's Day, i say day 590! I got 600 in my sights. Then not long till 2 freakin years! Right on umpire.

I got a phone call around 7.30 a.m. Unusual for me to be getting a call early on a saturday morning. Anyway, i missed it but rang the unknown number back wondering if it was maybe someone needing help or a problem of some sort. It was an old mate ringing, obviously intoxicated babbling about guitars and music. He's at home and should be ok, but it struck me how when i was drinking, such a call would immediately instill dread, anxiety and fear and no chance of answering it. I noted how my attitude has changed in the last 590 days. I called the number back not knowing who or what with the intention of being there and being present for whatever scenario eventuated. Maybe it could've been a call to help a friend change a flat tyre stranded miles away, a friend in distress, a family health issue. It didn't matter, i was willing and able. I've turned into a man who CAN. And loving it. R,r....rrrr.....re......res.....reshponsh.....er, responsibility embraced! :thumbsup: :nutso:

Anzac day here. Lest we forget.

Take it easy out there and go git it.
                  Last edited by Guitarista; April 24, 2020, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Fantastic G,
                    You are such an inspiration :thumbsup: :welldone:
                    Day 21 here and doing well. Catherine's book says 66 days which is where I got that number. Truth is I'll go for longer but keeping that number in mind helps to quell the 'i should be feeling better' thoughts which are a subtle way of putting pressure on myself and derailing the process.. the 'I shoulds' HAHA - they pick me apart if i let them!
                    Agreed it is amazing to reflect on how I reacted to situations in the past when my brain was not fully AF. Been listening to the liver book again and she talks about how much an unclean liver can effect your mental state. I can remember dropping my son off to work at gym and sitting in my car, nursing hangover behind sunglasses, watching all these happy people bouncing into gym and miserably thinking that could never be me. Funnily enough, while on my last AF stint, i joined that actual gym (he no longer worked there) and enjoyed myself to the max, lost 20kg and changed my outlook on life forever. I experienced the most powerful changes in my brain chemistry in those last few days (almost made 60 days before stressed knocked me over). It was mind boggling to think of my previous mindset and it seemed a lifetime ago, even though it had just been a few months. Amazing.
                    I'm back on track now, without the gym because of the virus, but it took me 2 hours to walk 8k the other day, and only an hour and a half yesterday, so making progress and the weight is starting to shift again slowly. Hope it is a long weekend there for you, have a wonderful Anzac Day anyhow. :hug:

Comment

Wowza G,
                      I just figured out your day 600 will be my day 30
                      :huggies:

Comment

Wowza Ficks!

I'm looking forward to our celebration. Lot's of hugs from a distance!

Day 592. In work. Oh yeah. Git it pilgrims.

Comment

Holy Corona, getting close to 600 days. Awesome!!!
                          “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good tuesday morning from the beach pad.

Day 5 9 fkn 3. Sterling effort by the young buck from the south. In work today and organising a Zoom online hookup. Good thing i have some assistance!

In response to C19 physical distancing, there are 40 AA zoom meetings a week in this town. NA are doing the same. I'm sure many face to face regulars are missing out, but it's great that an effort is being made to keep everyone connected. Online AA/NA meetings have been available for a long time anyway, but zoom style is maintaining a local focus. Great work AA and NA!

Another day another dollar. Let's git it pardner.

x post. Yo Techstar! 600 sure ain't nothing to sneeze into yer elbow about.
                            Last edited by Guitarista; April 27, 2020, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Day 24 here, and feeling great! Haven't made up my mind what a day 30 celebration looks like yet.
                              What about you? Have you got something epic planned for day 600?
                              BTW I think today is your day 594? Looks like it will be a Monday :victorious:

Comment

Hi Ficks,

25 days for u today! There is a direct link to how i feel and booze consumption.

Day 594 there's so much more!

Monday is my birthday too! My calculation is 599 days, but i'll take 600 if that's the case. Either way, reckon i'll look at it as the big 6 oh oh! 30 days for you! Just as if you've come out of a 28/30 day rehab program like the movie '28 days' with Sandra bullock. Seen it? I enjoyed it. 30 days is def some kind of milestone and axis/shifting point, or opportunity to do so and go to the next level (er, whatever that is :nutso.

All is good here. Really, waking up sober wit zero hangover never ever gits old.

Go git it pilgrims.
                                Last edited by Guitarista; April 30, 2020, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X