X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Yo wdup.

Day 596! Yo feelin me homes?

I was just talking to myself earlier about maintaining sanity and forward motion - if that's what you're after. In my case i am. I've noticed for me the old maxim - 'mood follows action' to be gold. I've learned that i feel best, perform best, when i move on a daily basis. i.e. exercise. Lace up the running shoes and hit the road. Along with some weights and push ups, some chin ups. The other trick i've learned through having to create a daily self care routine is that i don't have to do much. Just turn up for myself - DAILY. In a way i can handle. So, as a (thankfully mild) asthmatic if i'm not feeling 100% one morning, no problem. I will jog/walk jog/walk around the block or to a lampost and back. That's good enough for me. I've noticed over the years that i never ever feel worse than i did when i return from a run. Millions of others find the same thing. Something in that eh? There's a tip if ur looking for change and to reduce suffering and misery.

Rain hail or shine. It doesn't matter to me anymore. I love it all. Bring it on nature. I love you and am totz grateful for your company. Same goes for you valued reader.

Ok pilgrim. Let's git it!
    Last edited by Guitarista; April 30, 2020, 07:07 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Day 597!

The feeling's good i must say. Remove the poison and we allow our truth to emerge and ourselves to shine, as they say. Now listen pilgrim, reality and our truth can sometimes be a hard pill to swallow you savvy? But just sit with it and relax. No need to run from yourself anymore. You will find your way. For me the way is through.

Go git it pardner.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Day 28 here G, am feelin ya sporty vibe 😊 about to get out into it. You know what day it is for sure. In total agreement here. I never feel better than when I’m out there walking. I get all painful and crampy from sitting all day so try to get out morning, midday or evening. A good day is if I can get out twice. Today I plan to go out once, but for a couple hours. Trying to keep 8k as daily goal, so either 2 short or 1 long walk.. but if I only manage 4k no biggie. The longer I’m AF the more the body repairs and rights itself and the better it feels to be out in it. Even the days I think I’m not feelin it but go anyways, its surprising how part way through a short walk I can start to feel better. Sometimes I forget and before I know it, I’m home and I did 4ks without realizing it LOL.
        Go you young falla :heartbeat:

Comment

Good morning Ficks,

Day 29 for u today! Good job on the daily walks. Mood follows action! I never feel worse when i return from a run. Always, always better. Why? coz mood follows action. Buddha said to me once - 'Gman, relent complaint you doodyhead and ditch the negative self talk ok lamebrain?' i have to agree. Since i stopped complaining, i suffer much less. I try to follow a path of gratitude.

D d d day 598! Right on.

In work. Git it.

Comment

Go you! Day 29 here :yay:

Comment

Top of the monday morning to you pilgrims.

Ficks mi amiga! 30 days for you today! That's a huge achievement and a significant milestone in the life rebuilding caper. Congratulations and keep it rolling. Why not you? :woohoo2::llama::balloons:

Day 599 here! Wowza.

Let's git it.

Comment

Top of the monday morning to you pilgrims.

Ficks mi amiga! 30 days for you today! That's a huge achievement and a significant milestone in the life rebuilding caper. Congratulations and keep it rolling. Why not you? :woohoo2::llama::balloons:

Day 599 here! Wowza.

Let's git it.

Comment

:dancegirl::balloons: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR G! :balloons::rara:
                  Bravo on day 599!!
                  And thank you for reaching out to me and helping me get back on track again.. day 30 here
                  Last edited by fickle; May 3, 2020, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Is it your birthday? Happy Birthday GMAN, YOU RAAWK!!

Thank you for being here, you are such a positive person and I love your posts. You have helped me So much over the years. :hug:
                    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Top of the tuesday morning friends

Thanks Ficks and Narilly! Love youse. xx :heartbeat:

Holy raawwkin rocky mountains near and not so far, it's day 6, i say 6oo! Speakin of mountains and nature, lucky i've got the beach nearby in these times. I don't need to drive somewhere against C 19 restrictions to git some action. I can just run along the beach for miles as outdoor exercise is allowed here. There is talk of easing restrictions from may 11th. We'll see how that goes. It might be a little early just yet. But i understand for many it will be a relief. I think we need more information on infection rates first. i.e. infection rates are low here because of isolation measures. At least supermarket shelves aren't bare round here anymore as the panic seems to have settled a little. A frustrating time for many. I'm one of the lucky ones, still with a job to go to.

In work today. It'll be a rippa. Take it easy out there.

Comment

Happy belated birthday G, hope you had a lovely sober birthday xx

I am with you on restrictions, i think we should stay as we are for awhile longer especially with these new cases but.....
                        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Originally posted by available View Post
                          Happy belated birthday G, hope you had a lovely sober birthday xx

I am with you on restrictions, i think we should stay as we are for awhile longer especially with these new cases but.....
                          Hi Ava! thanks mi amiga. How are you?

Orf to work for me.....i'm a lucky man

Comment

happy birthday G, you are a delight, i agree with Narilly

should you be interested (if not, just discard), the kind of head huncho of Wim Hoff's pupils, Bart Biermans, has done a live video workshop of the ‘ice man’ breathing techniques. it's still available to see: https://www.facebook.com/bbiermans/videos/10157320820974103/
                            AF since Jan 2nd 2020

Comment

And its a WHOPPING 600 DAYS TODAY!! inkele::celebrate::congrats:
                              Congratulations my dear friend and hope you have a wonderful Tuesday :sendflowers:
                              The Dream With Roy and H G 'Go You Good Thing' Original Video - YouTube
                              Last edited by fickle; May 4, 2020, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Happy birthday and a happy 600

JC x
                                :hug:
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X