G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry xmas Snoopy!

Well, it's the day after and no casualties. Had a nice easy and enjoyable xmas lunch with family. Monday morning boxing day here, and i might get out to a music shop to take advantage of the boxing day sale for some cheap gear, then work this afternoon. Not in the mood for that, but i'll take it.

I hope everyone is doing it easy.

Must be day 135, a day to thrive.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

G-Man -Happy holidays to you and everyone else.
      I thought about you the other day when I saw this video. I am sure that you have already seen it, but for those who have not, you might just want to watch it.
      A man rescues his dog from a Kangaroo -the man actually punches the Roo in the face right after the Roo sets his dog free.

YouTube

Comment

Why would anyone want to see that Wilson?

Comment

Glad you had a nice day Mr G. Families can be a bit stressful cant they?

My adorable little lurcher who wears a onesie decided to have a shite on my brothers cream carpet. Now that is stress Last year he got on the table and walked across their white table cloth with muddy pawprints. Dont think we will be invited again

Comment

Glad you had a good Christmas day Mr g , and delighted you still winning our fight, well done my man.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Thanks Mario. Merry christmas mate.

Starty, hope you had a nice one even though your pup had an accident!

Day 136. Let's git it.
              Last edited by Guitarista; December 26, 2016, 04:07 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                Why would anyone want to see that Wilson?
                Starty, a man saved his dog from being killed by a kangaroo and the kangaroo did not get hurt or injured.

The dog lived, the kangaroo lived, and the man lived. I do not understand your/the logic behind your post. I apologize and I meant/mean no offense.

G-Man lives in Australia and I spent my time writing this message and posting this link to him and to others who may understand that all survived, no one was hurt, and a kangaroo was surprised to get punched by a human -that was all.

Starty, you make a comment like this and then all that follow you assume that you must have a valid point. I am sorry that you felt the need to make your comment, but I do understand that you may not have understood the point that I was trying to make, including the humor; I think that both the kangaroo and the man were shocked that the man actually punched the roo, and no one got hurt.

Perhaps it is true that we who are of the alcoholic brain set, take things too seriously and too personally -or at least I do sometimes Starty.
                Last edited by Wilson1; December 26, 2016, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Keep it going Mr G, This time next year you be flying :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I had a lovely time Mr G and all is forgiven about the Pup. Fortunately my brothers family all love him despite the fact that he also steals food. He nicked the father in laws bread roll as well !

Must be day 116 for me but like you, I am not one for counting either

Comment

I sure will be flying this time next year Mario. I'll be a year sober and off on a trip around the world. I'll be ready.

Starty, it's very hard to hold a grudge against a cute dog!

Wilson, take care over there.

Phew! Just in from a late shift at work. A bit of high drama. Working with people is great, but tonight an inexperienced staff member sent the wrong body language and approach to a big fella who was already agitated by other family events so houston, we had a situation. Kerrrrist! All worked out in the end via some fancy footwork/mediation, but lawdy momma, could have gone either way. Everyone's ok. i love this sort of stuff really ma.

Back to that grindstone tomorrow night with same staff member. Give me strength lord! lol.

Take it easy.

Comment

Sounds scary Mr G! Hope she takes some advice on handling difficult situations

Comment

All settled at work Starty.

Must be day 138. Let's git it.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                            I sure will be flying this time next year Mario. I'll be a year sober and off on a trip around the world. I'll be ready.

Starty, it's very hard to hold a grudge against a cute dog!

Wilson, take care over there.

Phew! Just in from a late shift at work. A bit of high drama. Working with people is great, but tonight an inexperienced staff member sent the wrong body language and approach to a big fella who was already agitated by other family events so houston, we had a situation. Kerrrrist! All worked out in the end via some fancy footwork/mediation, but lawdy momma, could have gone either way. Everyone's ok. i love this sort of stuff really ma.

Back to that grindstone tomorrow night with same staff member. Give me strength lord! lol.

Take it easy.
                            Hey G -I enjoyed reading this post. Funny thing I noticed -"lawdy momma" is a term often used in the SE USA but it is slowly not being used anymore. I needed to read this today. Till day 139, keep your wits about cha and please keep posting.

Comment

Quite an interesting night G! Hopefully tonight is good. I am looking forward to a trip around the world, that will be amazing.

Hey, I went on a cruise in May in Florida and it was an all inclusive drink thing. I had absolutely no problem not drinking. It was great! I actually went on a cruise and didn't drink. I even woke up early with NO hangover and worked out. Wow, there is a whole different universe out there consisting of people who wake up early feeling good. Who knew?

Have a good one- stay warm...I mean keep cool! It is -18C here so staying cool is not an issue for me
                              Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                              "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by narilly View Post
                                Wow, there is a whole different universe out there consisting of people who wake up early feeling good. Who knew?
                                Oh yeah Narilly! Who knew indeed?! For me, it's all about my head and my thinking. 'Where is my head at today?' is how i check in wit myself every single morning and throughout the day if needed. Who knew when i freed myself of the chains and fog of boozing that there is another/many other satisfying fun ways to live my life daily? I am seeing the healthy better alternatives to living with booze, now i am free from 24/7 chasing boozing thinking. The possibilities really are huge and endless. There are no limits dawg.

Lawdy lawdy, it looks like day 139! Kick some sweet ass out there pilgrims.

Comment

Working...
                                X