Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mama, what's good on Netflix ?

Comment

Grace & Frankie - (I love it! It's hilarious)
      Orange is the New Black
      My friend is hooked on Army Wives

I'll keep thinking.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hurray for Nora, double digit day!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks cowboy
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

WTG Nora!!!!! Good job!!
            Date with Dave was great as usual. We click on so many things. Had a light dinner at Panera, which I needed since I really over did it this weekend then went to dance class. Stopped for ice cream on the way back to my house. Beautiful evening. hehehehehe
            Night all.
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I am in Salt Lake City for business through next Tuesday so I just wanted to pop in and say hello. Pauly, I thought of you when I saw the signs for Vegas. I am feeling better now although a trip to the doctor revealed I have a virus AND a bacterial infection which is why the OTC drugs were NOT working. I got a script and finally, I am on the mend. Weather is beautiful here, my new client is lovely, and it's been a good trip so far. I am going to Park City on Saturday and then to hear the Mormon Tabernacle Choir on Sunday and tour the temple. Really looking forward to it.

Nora- Huge congrats on all your AF days! I know how hard you are working and I am so proud of you.

Dot-so glad you have found someone special!

Mama-where are you traveling that you have to fly and you'll be gone a week? I missed that.

Liz-I can understand why you'd be jealous when your hubs announced he was going to drink whiskey with his friends. He should NOT have announced that.

On that topic of drinking and telling us about it...since we have people here who really WANT to be AF and are trying so hard, maybe if some of us are drinking, then I think we should keep that to ourselves. It really does make people who CANNOT moderate feel badly and I know none of the lovely people on this thread want that to happen. Pauly mentioned quite a while back that if someone here goes out to dinner with their family/hubs, then don't mention the booze, talk about the FOOD! Hahah. I agree! I know people who are drinking want to be honest about their drinking, and don't want to feel that they are lying about it, but believe me, we won't feel offended! :happy2:lease:

Comment

I forgot to say a cheery hello to Blue and All Done Drinking (Addy)! Addy, you are racking up the AF days...good for you!!

I have paperwork to do before I get to work so I better get going. Happy AF Thursday!

Comment

Morning all,
                  Pouring rain. Supposed to meet the bus for the baseball game at 1030. Hope is stops so the game is not rained out.
                  I agree with Rusty on the drinking.
                  Hope everyone has a great day!!
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hey guys,jeez,I feel like I half slept for 7 hours,groggy and just plain weird! Excellent post Rusty I care about all of us here and I only want everyone to be healthy, happy and safe,when I drink I'm none of those things, it would be hard if Dots was moderating for instance and she was telling us about a few glasses of wine on her dates,I'd totally rather hear about the actual date,not the bloody wine!(and the food of course) sorry Dots,just using you as a hypothetical example, I know you're AF and proud of it let's just try and steer the thread where we need it,working on sobriety and life one step at a time ugh,off to get a coffee or sandwich or for Gods sake something, much love to ALL,let's kick some Thursday ass!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I only have a minute to post......but, I did want to say that I hope that if someone is struggling and needs to talk about alcohol that this thread is still open to that. I understand the let's not talk about casual, moderation drinking......but, if I would go on a bender and need help........I hope that I can still post here & get support.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi All, I am sure what is being suggested is that talk of drinking casually should not be brought up. If someone has slipped that certainly should be free to discuss.

To me it's similar to participating in an online weight loss support group and having someone talk about eating cake every weekend. It seems contradictory to the purpose of the forum and cause others who are struggling to think its OK to do it too.

Our minds already try to trick us into drinking no matter how devastating the consequences have been. It makes it even harder when you interpret others casual drinking as an excuse as to why you can too.

Just my 2 1/2 cents on the subject

I think all of you are super strong ladies (and gents who pop in) and deserve wonderful happy successful lives. Alcohol, for most of us, just doesn't fit into that equation.

Happy Thursday! And the weekend is almost here, Yay!!!
                        AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Thanks Red! Always great to see you here.
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Red, thanks for popping in!! Great to see you here, neighbor. Nora, what I was talking about was expressed by Red just perfectly:
                            Hi All, I am sure what is being suggested is that talk of drinking casually should not be brought up. If someone has slipped that certainly should be free to discuss.
                            Nora, this is YOUR thread...you out of anyone should feel free to post here should you stumble off the AF trail.:hug:

Comment

Sorry if I offended anyone.....I understand.....I definitely want you guys to be successful in your quit!!! Just looking for a place to fit in. Please accept my apology.....and keep up the good work!!!:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

Comment

Blue, I don't think you or anyone else offended anyone at all. I think what is being expressed is how difficult it can be to try to quit or maintain a sober lifestyle when someone posts about casual drinking or moderate drinking. If someone posts about slipping while trying to become sober, the reaction is to rally around that person to try to get them back on the wagon. But when someone posts about drinking casually on a thread where people are struggling to quit or remain sober it becomes difficult to respond to that. In my own alcoholic mind (and I have been sober for over 4 years now), it makes me think maybe I could do the casual drinking too. Luckily I am strong in my quit and I have retained the tools to help me change my thinking when that happens, but it my early sober days that would have been very difficult to do.

I think you can still fully participate in this thread and any other thread here. I would just redirect the talk of moderating your drinking to the other threads that discuss that possibility. You can contribute and be apart of all discussions on any thread, I would just taylor the discussion to the theme of the thread. Hope that makes sense.

Hi Rusty, Dottie, Pauly, Nora, Lizann, Mama, Addy, ABC cowboy and anyone else my old brain forgot
                                Last edited by red67; August 6, 2015, 03:20 PM.
                                AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Working...
                                X