No announcement yet.

Let's Kick Each Other's Butts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TMH - how are you feeling?? Did u go to the docs?

I ended up returning my Fitbit. I think I want to save up money and get the HR one. So that's what I'm going to do.
    Since August 5th (quit date) I have lost 16lbs. Not too shabby.

Comment

Bri, that is awesome! Almost makes me want to go AF totally. One of these days.

Yes, I went to dr. & just finished 7 days of antibiotics. Been a long time since I've taken anything like that. They tend to make you feel ill in itself, upset stomach, etc. this a.m. Is the first day w/o waking up coughing, been 3 weeks. Am grateful & can now increase my walking, even start running again. Working at hospital this afternoon, just have to make sure I dress warm enough. Sounds like I'm such a baby. But it is uncomfortable enough that I am going to quit when the person who normally works Wed afternoon comes back. She is a snowbird and returns mid Oct.

Enough about me! Bri, besides going AF are you working out a lot? I am so impressed!

TMH
      The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Hey TMH - glad to hear that you are slowly on the mend. Make sure you take care of yourself. <3
        With regards to the weight loss....the scale has been up and down (even though I am eating as clean as I possibly can!)...I can't shake the coffee though (which is probably what sets me over the cal count some days)...and yes, I go to the gym as much as I can. Although the last two days I have taken it off and am lazy...just feeling tired and sore.
        Don't do a lot of cardio as much as I am doing weight lifting. I was doing the stair master a lot...which left me all sweaty and like I had a good workout, but I hear it gives you big thighs...is this true???? I don't want thunder thighs!! LOL.
        I am not sure why I am not losing more, since I have completely and utterly overhauled my diet! Am I not eating enough? I don't understand....sigh.

Comment

Maybe you are just gaining so much muscle. I know the stairmaster makes your quads strong. I used to run on snowshoes when I lived in MN & used ET. I think it rounds the butt which at this age I can take that help.

Today I had a pretty good game of golf considering still very wet conditions. Shot a 91. And then I finally got out my old Kathy Smith yoga tape & did just 10 min. Oh my, does that help the lower back & hips. While sick I tried making 10K steps/day but didn't beat myself up if not. Now I'm adding 1200 - just 300 short of 11,200 which will be easy peasy. Looking forward to a good gym workout tomorrow.

Have a great night!
          The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Did 10,000 steps by 7 am,combo of running/walking, punching the bag while speed jogging in place, I truly think exercise is the key for me in not drinkin, the past 2 relapses have been after sitting on my ass for too many days,will be posting here often
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X