Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Big Al, I like your attitude and your comment that you have no one to disappoint but yourself. And you’re so right - the beast is always looking for opportunities to get us drinking again.

We had a long, busy day yesterday but it was good to connect in person with an old friend and the lasagna deliveries went very well. We were exhausted by bedtime.

Hoping for a quieter day today and plan to spend time with a good book.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Big Al, you're resolve is strong. You'll do great. Just come here if things get shaky.

Another beautiful day in the neighborhood and another day of Casa Academy. Four more weeks! I can do this!

Bil has his first oncology appointment today. Praying he gets manageable news. Techie, I found an opportunity to share your info with them but they were skeptical. I know that's the approach I'd take if it were me but alternative medicine isn't for everyone. Maybe they will revisit your info after today's appointment.

I NEED another 24!!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and supporters. Still over in Palo Alto. Nice hotel but didn’t sleep well at all. Off to find a Starbucks. Another 24 for me. Have a great day. Keep up the great progress, [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. Blessings x
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
          I can still hear that voice looking for cracks within which to sneak in. I have a couple of business trips coming up and have no one to disappoint but myself. For some reason it seems harder when it is just myself that I have to live with, but I suppose that it the most pure form of self improvement.
          I really liked that little nugget in your post, BigAl. It caused me to pause and reflect on how very true that is. Congrats on your progress so far! You are doing great!!!

Techie, I hope your MRI shows good results.

Let's all have a great AF Tuesday!
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good evening cafe friends. Wet and cool here. Thanks for the kind words and support, I will carry that with me as I approach a potentially rough weekend and my work related activities. It feels so good to wake up sharp and with a clear head. I feel my relationship becoming more robust with my kids. Not that it was bad at all, but I know that there was a part of me that was just not there previously. I somehow managed to not disappoint or embarrass them, but they are teenagers and old enough to know if I'm not fully present. I had a lot of good times with alcohol, but it was too fraught with highs and lows; a lack of stability traded for momentary highs.

So good to be a month sober. Thanks again all.

24 more please and thanks.

Comment

[MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] I hope that your bil has good news at his appointment!
              [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] you're doing great!

24 more please...

Comment

5:09am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Big Al, you are doing amazing! Keep up the good work. Ginger, hope your BIL gets some positive news. Taking my dog to an interview to see if they will board him when we travel. I have to leave him for 3 hours. Fingers crossed that he doesnt bomb the interview. LOL. He is like the bad child in school. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I’ve been putting off getting my desk organized and computers hooked up, figuring I needed Geek Squad. But, I surprised myself and the electronics I connected are all working as they should.

Last Wednesday we went to AMA to change the address on our driver’s licences. We declined to do early renewals so didn’t need to have photos taken. My current photo is probably one of the best I’ve ever had on a licence. The process took only 20 minutes and yesterday our new licences arrived in the mail.

Off for an early walk this morning in sunshine. It was supposed to be cool and wet today but now to be sunny and warm.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW,my license pic is really good too,people don't think it's me haha!(asses) Big AL congrats Ginger and Techie I love alternative medicine, it fascinates me how herbs,plants,food and other things can be healing. I absolutely hate the salon on another matter,the neighborhood has always been bad but seems worse and filthy,the people who come in are gross and wow I'm so filled with dread on the days I hafta go,I can't do it and even my daughter wants to quit,everyday almost there's an "incident" nothing serious but small things like a homeless guy coming in to try to use the bathroom, a crabby customer,someone who stinks, someone who been drinking,someone high on drugs,etc it's just a disaster and ughghhh! Thanks for letting me vent,hubs is sick of hearing it but tells me if I quit my Amazon shopping habit has to stop,blah I want my own money to do what I want,so conflicting cuz I really don't make much up there anyways I just don't know, anyhoo waves to all and wishes for a great AF day for us all!
                      Last edited by paulywogg; May 12, 2021, 07:49 AM.
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and desk organizers. Busy morning with zoom meeting at 7am. Ugh. Have a great day. Another 24 for me. Blessings x
                        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Ugh, Pauly! Life is too short to have a job like that if you have other options. Can you go to another salon in a better area?

Big Al, congrats on one month. Stay close, you got this.

Bil was diagnosed with a slow growing leukemia and is scheduled for a CT scan and extensive blood work. Once that's complete they will put together a treatment plan.

Hope we all have an easy AF day. 24 more!

Our evening sunset.
                          create image url

Comment

Thought I’d try and give a short update from the field! We’re just over half done seeding, oats, peas, and wheat all done and working on barley now. Not too much of that, then about 2200 acres of canola to finish off the season.

Had a fairly significant mechanical breakdown yesterday and we were in the field till just after 10 last night to do the the repairs so we could get going again early this morning.

It was one of those “sure could use a beer, or many beers” days, but better sense prevailed. As I climbed into bed in the camper I thought back to those years when I was drinking. I would have stayed up until who knows how late getting drunk, then paying for it this morning.

They know what they’re talking about when they say drinking doesn’t help, only makes things worse!

Keep at it [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], you’re doing things right so far, no need to slip into bad habits this far in!

I love the pics you post here and on FB [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! Keep’em coming! I’ll try and take some pics and a video or two if I find anything interesting as a subject lol. Hope your bil’s treatment plan isn’t too hard on him. I know I’m a firm believer in herbs as it was amazing what the Hawthorne Berries did for my high blood pressure!

Is the new place starting to feel like home yet [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]? I know even hanging pictures helps to make it feel that way. We don’t have a lot of our own up in the house in Veg, I’d say about 60/40 in the mil’s favor lol.

I find myself looking at the real estate listings too [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. I see something that I like and think about another move lol. No chance of that happening!

How did the fruit trees fair through the cold weather [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]? Our’s are just coming out in leaves now so I hope the morning temps stay above freezing.

I’m not sure what I’d do in your shoes [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]. I can’t imagine having to go to a job you don’t like. I guess it’s a matter of what is worse, no job or no shopping lol.

How’s the book coming along [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]? Or is the golf course more appealing than the keyboard haha.

How’s things in your world [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]? Still enjoying going into work part-time?

Have a good day y’all, and remember, never quit on your quit!
                            Last edited by abcowboy; May 12, 2021, 12:05 PM.
                            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cowboy, the trees came thru ok so far. We have possible frost forecast for tonight but the trees will not be affected by that. Loads of peaches and nectarines this year but not so many pears made it. Thanks for asking. It was nice hearing a bit more from you. I've been missing your voice, but I know how busy this time of year is for you.

Pauly, vent away! I am sorry your work is not so nice and I hope things can turn around for the neighborhood the shop is in. These are hard economic times for so many. D#*% Covid!

Ginger, I hope you bil does well with his treatment plan.

Rava, you gave me a good chuckle when you told about your dog's interview! Hilarious!

BigAl, I somehow get the feeling that you're going to be ok this weekend.

24 more for me, please and thank you.
                              Last edited by dill; May 12, 2021, 02:32 PM.
                              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hang in there [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]! It definitely sounds like you need a career change! I don't know what it's like where you are, but here in N.Y. , there are more jobs than people to fill them. Too many folks are still collecting unemployment, and are making more money staying at home.

Not too much happening here [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. Most days I still like my job, but there are times when it is emotionally draining. It's so hard to see people who were once so active with full lives, reduced to someone living within a shell of their former selves. The account that I'm currently working on is a man with multiple health issues including dementia. He is depressed and desolate, and he keeps telling me that he wants to die. Makes me not want to grow old, and it's a good reminder to take each day one at a time, and to enjoy it as though it were your last!

Humbly asking for another sober day and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X