Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Happy Mother’s Day to all the Mom’s here! I hope you have a wonderful day with those important to you, either in person or electronically. Here’s hoping next year’s the celebration is in person.

Cool and wet here again today. We might just take a break and enjoy our new home today. I wish we had a spectacular view like you have Ginger!

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

It's a gloomy and rainy day here but I am grateful for a warm dry home. No get togethers here, but lot's of electronic good wishes. Of course I am thinking of my own Mom and missing her.

Today will be a grand day to NOT drink! Have a good one everyone!
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and ABC breakfast lovers. Happy Mother’s Day. A tough one with mom gone less than two weeks. However, I am with her in loving thoughts. Another 24 for me. Blessings x
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

5:06am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning and hope all the moms had a nice day yesterday. We were quite busy with our daughter and granddaughter. Had a good time for sure. Ginger, your view is stunning! QW we look over trees as well and I love watching the birds and squirrels run all around the branches. No luck on a condo. In a way I’m glad because I’m not really sure I even want to move. Something really amazing would have to come along to make me budge but it never hurts to look. Cowboy glad you got to spend some time with your better half. Hope today is a great day for the Cafe. Another 24 for me please and thank you!

Comment

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], yesterday must have been hard on you after losing your mother so recently. Hugs and prayers sent. :hug:

Another 24 please on this gloomy, wet day.

Comment

Hoping for a wonderful AF day for us all!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I hope all the Moms in the Cafe had a great day yesterday. I was thinking about you Techie. Special days, birthdays and holidays are a great opportunity to treasure memories of those who have passed. Not a day goes by that we aren’t thankful for what our parents did for us.

Today we’re delivering Mrs QW’s almost world famous lasagna casseroles to our kids. So nice to be able to do that. Plus we’re meeting an old friend for an outdoor, mask wearing, socially distant visit and coffee. Must be over 10 years since we saw each other in person.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Beautiful morning here. Highs in the 80s this week. Typically this would be the start of our spring camping but that will have to wait until school is out! Almost there. Whoot, whoot!

Had a lovely Mother's Day. Lots of visiting and food. Weather was gorgeous for being outdoors.

Hope everyone has an easy AF day! 24 more, please.

Comment

Rava, I can sure understand you wanting to stay put for a while. You probably need to put some time between you and your very recent big move!

QW, I love lasagna! What a treat it would be to have home-made lasagna delivered!

Beautiful day here too, Ginger. Loads of sunshine and looking for a pleasant high of 60 later today.

An easy AF day would be nice!
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Mother’s Day came and went. I was ok as I reflected on all the wonderful memories of my mom. Those are what sustain us when others move beyond the veil. I am always grateful for your support. I am heading over to Stanford today for an MRI. I may grab a hotel room near the university if it’s late. The traffic over on the Peninsula can be awful at rush hour. Another 24 for me. Have a great day. Blessings c
                        Last edited by techie; May 10, 2021, 10:22 AM.
                        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good morning cafe friends. The weather evidently can't decide what it wants to do here. Four weeks yesterday, it feels good. I couldn't have done it without your support.

I can still hear that voice looking for cracks within which to sneak in. I have a couple of business trips coming up and have no one to disappoint but myself. For some reason it seems harder when it is just myself that I have to live with, but I suppose that it the most pure form of self improvement. I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday.

24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Techie I’m glad you made out ok on Mothers Day. Hope your MRI has good results. Big Al, being able to be alone and not drink will give you the power you are looking for and prove that you are stronger than you think!!! Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:10am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X