No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:18am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I didn't get an opportunity to get a post in yesterday, but I have time this morning as I'm sitting here in the camper with my coffee and listening to the rain fall. From the looks of the forecast we won't be doing any seeding at all this week as it's supposed to rain on and off all week. We're down to about 750 acres to go, about 90% finished, 3 days should finish up quite easily. It's one of those catch 22 situations, we need the rain but it would have been nice to finish up before it started. I'm going to have to shift back to construction mode so I keep myself busy this week lol.

I'll pack up things here in the camper this morning and shut off the services as I think I'll be in Veg for the week. It's going to be nice having the week with Bubba and Hank!

No words of advice ladies on getting rid of the AV, just time and determination!

Hope you're all doing good [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], and [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, thanks for your honesty. Sometimes I feel like I’m the only one that fights the AV almost daily until I get in the right mindset. Right now I feel strong but anything can change it. The last time I slipped I consciously decided to drink just made up some stupid excuse and went for it. Against all my better judgment. So I will NEVER be smug or confident in my quit. It’s day to day for me right now. QW our magnet catch was successful and we pulled up an old flip phone from the 80’s. We are going out again in a little bit to try some more fishing. I have never done geocaching but we have friends that do. Might be another hobby to explore. My kids are finally accepting my move and things are getting better. I have airfare to visit next month. I hope everyone has a great day today. I will ask for 24 for please for today!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, thanks for the reminder that we need to work to keep our quits every day and that we can’t take them for granted. I hear the beast from time to time and it would have been easy to cave on many occasions. My current quit is about 27 months and I keep reminding myself that I like me better sober. Plus I have to be available for Mrs QW in case of an emergency.

Glad you’re getting some downtime Cowboy. Have a great week with Bubba & Hank. How are Bubba’s folks? Hope they’re as well as can be expected.

Off in search of a new light fixture for the eating area of our kitchen. The current one hangs too low and my head can’t take too many more collisions.

Have a great af Monday everyone.

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Asking for the strength to make it through another 24 hours. It's been difficult lately, but so far I'm hanging in there!

Comment

Rava staying humble is an important quality in a former problem drinker I think waves to the gang and wishes for a happy AF day for us all!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

QW, your comment reminds me that one of my catalyst to quit drinking was being present and available for my Mom. She passed four years ago and I've struggled with my quit ever since. I need to spend some time thinking about that. My quit needs to be for me not someone else. I'll continue to listen to Naked Mind and coming here to commune with those that understand the insanity of the AV.

No AL for me yesterday and that makes me happy! Hoping for another 24. One day at a time!

Comment

My gf came over today to see if I could help her organize her treatment plans. She begins radiation soon and is overwhelmed by all the things she needs to keep track of and watch out for. She has difficulty these days just organizing her thoughts and concentrating. So we worked together on things for a while and had a few laughs along the way which I think helped her more than anything.

On the home front, we have had a beautiful woodpecker around recently but unfortunately he decided to look for something to eat up on our soffit underneath the eaves. We don't have a ladder long enough to get up there so we need to find someone....

Cowboy, it's a good thing you can fill your wet/rainy days with other projects!

24 more please and thank you.
                  Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Another beautiful day here. Jude, hang in there and take it day to day. I’m not one of those people that can proudly count each day sober. Too many day ones for me and I think for me that mindset would be counterproductive. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

I don't count days either [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], as I would feel like an utter failure when I slipped. Instead, I see it for what it is and move forward.

You are a good friend [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:32am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

My AV doesn't come around that much anymore, at most one or two times a year, but when it does, it's unbelievably strong! Maybe it's to remind me that it'll always be a part of me and I have to be wary of that fact. And you my friends also help, just knowing that we all have this beast within us and trying to keep that cage door chained and locked isn't always easy, doable, but certainly not easy...

I'm glad you and your friend had that time together [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], laughter really can be the best medicine in a lot of instances!

Bubba's dad is still in the hospital awaiting an opening in a long term care center [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]. It has been just over 4 months now since he was admitted! I get to Facetime with him quite often when Bubba is there to feed him, and I use my phone to let him watch the field and equipment as I'm seeding. It makes him feel as if he's sitting in the cab with me and brings a big smile to his face! This Covid thing is so hard on the shut-in people, the in-laws have only seen each other twice in the last 4 months because of the restrictions. We're going to change that today as we're going to have a parking lot get together with the 4 of us this afternoon no matter what people think. Both Bubba and her mom think that dad has given up and just wants to die. I can't blame him if he does as he knows that he'll never be able to live with mom again, he'll only be able to be with her on visits. Hopefully those visits can be more and more often as the Covid situation gets under control through the vaccinations...

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We had a nice visit with our Calgary family yesterday, long overdue and much needed. The grandkids go back to school today after the latest session of online learning. Our son and daughter in law have great employers who have accommodated their need to work from home much of the past 14 months.

Counting days without drinking didn’t work for me either. I used to post on Roll Call but gave that up long before my current quit started. While I was happy for those who had amassed impressive numbers, in the back of my mind, I thought I’d never get there so it was sort of self-defeating. Here in the Cafe, we celebrate every day the beast doesn’t win. And if someone slips, we’re here to support them, not judge them. It’s whatever works for us individually that’s the best.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
                            Last edited by Quit wining; May 25, 2021, 02:33 PM.
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Jude and Dill I don't count days either,I know in the past 2 years I've had two drink sessions and I'm ok with that,if I felt like I messed up with those sessions then I'd be on a self pity train and who knows what I'd be doing,I used to come back feeling like the ultimate failure and back then these boards would reiterate that with berating me on why did I mess up,what was the reason,etc and I'm glad to be free from that,this is a personal and intimate relationship with my living a healthy alcohol free life,it's my travels and in the end it's only up to me what I choose,of course there's accountability and support here and that's a great thing too! Anyhoo, tried to take more days on at the shop buy that was a bad idea and I'm not gonna do that,place is dead and it costs me more to go sit up there and still pay my booth rent so a big fat NO. Waves to the gang and wishes for a fab AF day for us all!
                              Last edited by paulywogg; May 25, 2021, 07:53 AM.
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Dill, you are a good friend. Thinking of you and your friend.

Jude, I forgot to say, sorry about your client. Have you been assigned a new client or are you done now?

ABC, that's so sad for your in laws. I hope they enjoy the visit today.

No AL for me yesterday but the voice was strong. I'll stay focused and hopefully this will pass soon. Ugh! 24 more!

Comment

Working...
                                X